Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

With Ryan and Harmon struggling in camp, Belichick's impressive record of 3rd round failures continues.

Patriots 3rd round 2000-2013

It is what it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

Wow! You're willing to make a decision this fast on rookies? 

There is a ton of time before the season for them to improve. Did I mention they're rookies! If this was year 3 for them it would be a different story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

With Ryan and Harmon struggling in camp, Belichick's impressive record of 3rd round failures continues.

It is what it is. 

No worries, Cuban...we have a former second rounder for 2012, Tevon Wilson, waiting in the wings! Maybe BB will call back Terrence Wheatley, and see if that rod was finally removed from his wrist.

Geez! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So who has been great at drafting players in the thrid round in that span?  Pffftt...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

It is what it is.

Wow, how bout we give the kid at least 1 exhibition game. The defense is complicated for new players.Let him learn the system, so that he can play on his instincts. It's a huge adjustment for most rookies. Bequette looks much better this year than last already. Patience

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

So if Ryan and Harmon don't start they are busts? just out of curiosity how many 3rd round picks in this years draft do you think are going to start?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

It is what it is.

Who cares they're 3 rounders not 2nd or first...... 3RD!!!!! and if im not mistaken ridley is a 3rd rounder and i think spikes is also what do you have to say about them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

So who has been great at drafting players in the thrid round in that span?  Pffftt...

At least a dozen posters on this board only pick surefire Hall of Famers in every round. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

At least a dozen posters on this board only pick surefire Hall of Famers in every round. 

After the player has been in the league for 3 years and made at least one Pro-Bowl, lol.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Wow! You're willing to make a decision this fast on rookies? 

There is a ton of time before the season for them to improve. Did I mention they're rookies! If this was year 3 for them it would be a different story.

DBs can be judged rather quickly. I remember Pete Carroll's staff worring about Chris Canty after he was constantly getting burned by undrafted WRs in May rookie camp.

I remember Ellis Hobbs giving up big plays in preseason games in his rookie year.

The ability to cover is like being pregnant. Either you have it or you don't. Ryan is getting torched on a regular basis. Harmon was a reach. BB could have drafted a QB with that pick as there were 3 available that passed the 27 starts/60% Comp criteria.

Additional note: Brandon Tate was taken over Mike Wallace (the next pick) in 2009. Ooops.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

One of the most amazing threads in the history of this forum (at least since I've been posting here).  A whole week of training camp and they're not setting the world on fire - absolutely disgusting.  When will Belichick ever start producing teams with consistent winning records and make the playoffs year in and year out?  Oh, wait.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

It is what it is.

The posts on this board get dummer evertime I stop by...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

On every posting board in this place, among the most common thread types are:

1.  the posters who "would've drafted this guy over that guy"

2.  the ever popular "this guy hasn't lit the world on fire immediately, so he's awful"

Both are jokes.  Like you know more than the Pats' personnel guys?  Like young guys don't take time to develop?  Please! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

On every posting board in this place, among the most common thread types are:

1.  the posters who "would've drafted this guy over that guy"

2.  the ever popular "this guy hasn't lit the world on fire immediately, so he's awful"

Both are jokes.  Like you know more than the Pats' personnel guys?  Like young guys don't take time to develop?  Please! 

I'm that guy but I tell you the player I would have drafted immediately after the pick, never change who I said I would have drafted, and own up to it if my own pick ends up sucking and BB's pick is great, so give me a little credibility  :p

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Since when did BB start playing baseball?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Way to early to write off ANYONE drafted in ANY spot yet!

Let's calm down and see what happens next weekend with the Eagles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

It is what it is.

WOW... 1 week into camp and these guys are busts???  Not the players I would have picked at those spots either, but considering the teams success under BB over the past decade + I'll continue to trust BB's personnel decisions more than yours...or my own for that matter...From what I've read Harmon's made some nice plays mixed with some bad , Ryan's looked bad , Collins, Dobson and Boyce have all looked very good...But it's still WAY too early to tell much...Overall, I have a good feeling about this draft and our team this year... Enjoy your doom and gloom though 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Ain't that the truth.  Cuban Pete should be banned for trolling.

Then he would only need about 24 more to catch up to you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Compare with our rivals

49ers link
    Seahawks link
    Colts link
    Steelers link
    Saints link
    Packers link
    Giants link
    Ravens link

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Meh. This is what BB does. Nothing new. His mediocre drafting over the years has produced a mediocre team with a HOF QB. 10% chance to win it all. Time for a real GM and BB to stick to being HC.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Can't say I agree with the whole "sky is falling" or "BB is the worst drafter/GM" in the league sentiments that are so prevalent here, but I'll go on the record saying that neither Ryan nor Harmon were high in my books. I'll also go on the record saying that I am no expert and that my opinion in the grand scheme of things means nothing. But there were other players I would've preferred to have been taken (as there are every year) and here's to hoping that my gut reaction was wrong. Anyway, we're a long long way from determining if these two are busts, average Joes, or HoF'ers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Wait, its 2016 already?
    No, that can't be right, these guys are still ROOKIES...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It is what it is.

What you seem to be forgetting is when you have a good, perennial playoff team, the talent level on that team is so high, third round picks are just camp fodder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When they start handing out Super Bowl trophies for third round draft choice proficiency please let me know, in the meantime we're the winningest team over the last decade.    We're winning a Super Bowl this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I won't be surprised if all of the current Rudgers rookies are not on the team in three years. 

Sections
Shortcuts