Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You said "I honestly do not understand how you can label a team (since 2006) that has been in 2 SBs, 2 AFCCGs, and in the hunt almost every year "mediocre"."

I never said the team was mediocre. I said the team without Brady and BB is mediocre. Those are two vastly different things.

I don't care if you label the "team" around Brady...w/o Brady.....with 6 Bradys....it doesn't matter. You view them as mediocre....and think you are wrong. If you want to play "twist the words" game...have at it....I disagree with your term "mediocre" when it comes to the TEAM....whether that includes Brady or not.....get it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I disagree with your term "mediocre" when it comes to the TEAM....whether that includes Brady or not.....get it?"

Makes total sense. 

Some fans are happy that the Pats are now the Indianapolis Colts, kings of the regular season. 

Some aren't. I'm in this latter group. 

The Pats are not mediocre so much as they are simply not good enough anymore. 

That said hope springs eternal in August, so I'm hopeful also.

judging a draft based on shorts and t shirt drills is idiotic by the way...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

You said "I honestly do not understand how you can label a team (since 2006) that has been in 2 SBs, 2 AFCCGs, and in the hunt almost every year "mediocre"."

I never said the team was mediocre. I said the team without Brady and BB is mediocre. Those are two vastly different things.

I don't care if you label the "team" around Brady...w/o Brady.....with 6 Bradys....it doesn't matter. You view them as mediocre....and think you are wrong. If you want to play "twist the words" game...have at it....I disagree with your term "mediocre" when it comes to the TEAM....whether that includes Brady or not.....get it?

[/QUOTE]

I get that you misrepresented my views and are not willing to simply acknowledge that.

And reason dictates that you are wrong in believing the team is significantly greater than average without Brady and BB. Otherwise having the best coach in the game and the best QB would mean very little. And that notion is obviously absurd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I disagree with your term "mediocre" when it comes to the TEAM....whether that includes Brady or not.....get it?"

Makes total sense. 

Let me see if I understand your position correctly. You feel the team is of the same caliber with or without Brady (and BB)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

And reason dictates that you are wrong in believing the team is significantly greater than average without Brady and BB. Otherwise having the best coach in the game and the best QB would mean very little. And that notion is obviously absurd.

Maybe YOUR "reason"....but your reason is a joke. You are by far the most narrow minded fool of the board. Go ahead and keep responding you d1ckless turd....you've just been promoted to "ignore"......My God you're a tool....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Let's just say hypothetically that the Pats win another Super Bowl this year, will they finally be good?

Nope, the same moaners will look to next year and say "but they're in trouble next year" or "their schedule was a joke this year, they won't get that lucky again."

First off, "scheduling" or "the division is weak" argument is utter BS, this is the NFL, there are no easy games, never mind entire seasons.  11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB as one of the top ranked offenses in the NFL really happened, a mediocre team with Cassel at QB is called The Kansas City Chiefs.

It's not easy to win a Super Bowl, Belichick and crew may have made it look easy and seem like they should win every year but that's not the case.  The fact that they've gone over a decade now either winning or being on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl every year is a testament to how great this organization is from the top down, Belichick is the engine that makes it all go.

All this negativity, nit picking, moaning and whining says more about the poster(s) insisting otherwise than the team in question.  In a word; entitled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Let's just say hypothetically that the Pats win another Super Bowl this year, will they finally be good?

Nope, the same moaners will look to next year and say "but they're in trouble next year" or "their schedule was a joke this year, they won't get that lucky again."

First off, "scheduling" or "the division is weak" argument is utter BS, this is the NFL, there are no easy games, never mind entire seasons.  11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB as one of the top ranked offenses in the NFL really happened, a mediocre team with Cassel at QB is called The Kansas City Chiefs.

It's not easy to win a Super Bowl, Belichick and crew may have made it look easy and seem like they should win every year but that's not the case.  The fact that they've gone over a decade now either winning or being on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl every year is a testament to how great this organization is from the top down, Belichick is the engine that makes it all go.

All this negativity, nit picking, moaning and whining says more about the poster(s) insisting otherwise than the team in question.  In a word; entitled.

Amen....someone who is sane on this board!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe YOUR "reason"....but your reason is a joke. You are by far the most narrow minded fool of the board. Go ahead and keep responding you d1ckless turd....you've just been promoted to "ignore"......My God you're a tool....

[/QUOTE]

LMAO@U

You have been owned (as usual). As if anybody with a brain would try to portray the team to be nearly as good without Brady and BB. That's so dumb it's "Rusty Stupid". It just don't get any dumber than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Haven't seen a single person say the Pats aren't good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB as one of the top ranked offenses in the NFL really happened, a mediocre team with Cassel at QB is called The Kansas City Chiefs.

They had a top ranked offense because they played a joke schedule. Who did that team beat that was any good?

The Dolphins were 1-15 the year before and won the damned division against that schedule! (Then went on to another losing season the following year.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Amen....someone who is sane on this board!!

[/QUOTE]

Wozzy is sane, unlike you apparently. I doubt very much he is crazy enough to try and say the team would be just as good without Brady and BB. Wozzy's only problem is he is a homer and therefore unable to offer objective analysis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Tell you what, I think that if TP and Babe work together they could actually find jobs in the communications office of our current administration. 

TP's knack for reshaping arguments that are going south combined with Babe's knack for parsing could produce a formidable team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Tell you what, I think that if TP and Babe work together they could actually find jobs in the communications office of our current administration. 

TP's knack for reshaping arguments that are going south combined with Babe's knack for parsing could produce a formidable team. 

Might be too late....BB has been leaving all kinds of voice mails for TP to come help them with the drafting next year.

The retirment home called for Babe, but he was denied for being too stupid to fill out the application.

Word has it that they get together on weekends to have a weekly misery party....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Might be too late....BB has been leaving all kinds of voice mails for TP to come help them with the drafting next year.

The retirment home called for Babe, but he was denied for being too stupid to fill out the application.

Word has it that they get together on weekends to have a weekly misery party....

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty funny that the Colts troll whines that I call people stupid, which I don't (well I do to dumbkoff), and here you are calling me stupid.

And the funniest part is you are calling me stupid because I say the team is better WITH Brady and BB.

And then you run to the Colts troll to kiss your boo boo after I easily body slam your foolish claims.

LMAO This place is a comedy fest!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Hey Colts troll weenie, you come here for solace after getting body slammed in those other two threads I see. There is no refuge for your lying ways in this place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's pretty funny that the Colts troll whines that I call people stupid, which I don't (well I do to dumbkoff), and here you are calling me stupid.

And the funniest part is you are calling me stupid because I say the team is better WITH Brady and BB.

And then you run to the Colts troll to kiss your boo boo after I easily body slam your foolish claims.

LMAO This place is a comedy fest!

[/QUOTE]

I don't whine, I just point out that you are guilty of a double standard.  Remember when you whined after I called you gramps and got on you moral high horse claiming that you don't call people names.  that's been proven false. 

But you know what they say - "when you fall off a horse, get right back on". 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Third rounders have mixed success.  Some end up good players, but the majority end up as roster filler.  To judge BB's success with third rounders, you'd have to look at all his picks, calculate the percentage that ended up being good players and then compare that to the percentage of third round picks overall who turned out to be good players.  That's a heck of a lot more work than I'm willing to do right now, but if someone wants to give it a shot, it would be a great contribution to the board.  My guess is that BB's success in the third round is probably about average.  But it's just a guess because I haven't done the research required to make a truly informed judgment. 

It is not mixed and it is far below average.

I'm going through all the posts and I will try to respond to all of them. I stand by my statement. DBs give themselves away from the very beginning, for good or ill. It's simple, cover your man! DBs who struggle in this area will likely struggle in the future. If you can't cover UDFA WRs, you can't expect to hold your own on an island in real games. Harmon was a horrible reach who could have been had in rounds 5-7.

The Pats have a dire need for developmental QBs. There were 3 QBs that had at least 27 career starts and at least a 60% completion % that were available in the 3rd. Commissar Goodell had made Wonderlic scores verboten to the public.

Ryan Nassib

Landry Jones

Matt Barkley

Another QB with 26 career stats could be included on this list.

Tyler Wilson

I'm going to criticize Brady here, so a warning for you sensitive people not read further.

Brady's performance in his playoff losses since the 2005 season:

01/14/2006 @Denver - 20/36 Comp: 55.6% Rate: 74.0 TD/INT: 1/2 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: the game turned when Brady, down 10-6, threw a red zone pick 6. Instead of a 10-9 score, Brady put his team in a 17-6 hole they couldn't get out from. In retrospect, the Dynasty ends here.

01/21/2007 @Indianapolis - 21/34 Comp: 61.8% Rate: 79.5 TD/INT: 1/1 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: Brady ends the game with a pick to safety Marlin Jackson.

02/03/2008 vs NY Giants - 29/48 Comp: 60.4% Rate: 82.5 TD/INT: 1/0 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: Brady was rattled by Giants pressure all night long.

01/10/2010 Baltimore - 23/42 Comp: 54.8% Rate: 49.1 TD/INT: 2/3 PFF Grade: -5.3

NOTE: No excuses for this performance.

01/16/2011 NY Jets - 29/45 Comp: 64.4% Rate: 89.0 TD/INT: 2/1 PFF Grade: -0.7

NOTE: Brady throws a pick, killing a drive in the 1stQ when his team was deep in Jets territory, setting the tone for the game.

02/05/2012 vs NY Giants - 27/41 Comp: 65.9% Rate: 91.1 TD/INT: 2/1 PFF Grade: 0.2

NOTE: Brady, in his own end zone, throws the ball away to avoid a sack, resulting in a safety. In the 4thQ and the Pats protecting a 17-15 lead, with his team at midfield and 1-10, Brady underthrows Gronk and gets picked off. The result, the Giants didn't score but moved the ball midfield to pin the Pats deep in their own zone. In the AFCCG win over the Ravens, the Pats won that game in spite of Brady who uttered "I sucked..." after the game. Eli's PFF Grade: +8.2 (Proof positive that PFF sucks and is biased against Brady and the Pats.)

01/20/2012 Baltimore - 29/54 Comp: 53.7% Rate: 62.3 TD/INT: 1/2 PFF Grade: -0.6

Of his 56 dropbacks, Brady was under pressure 17 times. The results: 1 INT and a 13.0 Rating. Can't blame the O-line. This one's on Tom.

So, why do I bring this up? After last season, it became painfully obvious that Brady is no longer effective against good teams, he's 36, and his backups don't look promising. Tebow has mechanical flaws and history isn't kind to Mallett (one would be hard pressed to find a successful NFL QB with a 57.8% NCAA comp). The QB class was very strong in the 3-4 rounds. BB the GM completely blew it because BB the coach fell in love with Rutgers defensive backs and wasted an opportunity to get a more promising QB prospect or two. This is a QB-driven league after all. Remember this when Ryan is giving up move-the-chains completions and Harmon is hustling on special teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Remember this when Ryan is giving up move-the-chains completions and Harmon is hustling on special teams.

Sure, as long as you remember to come back and say your post was useless if we win the superbowl this year....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Compare with our rivals

49ers link
    Seahawks link
    Colts link
    Steelers link
    Saints link
    Packers link
    Giants link
    Ravens link

Thanks for the effort.

Notice the teams with the best 3rd rounds Baltimore, Seattle, and 49ers, are the teams that have participated in the SB or are expected to compete for the title? I take note that none of these teams, especially the Giants (Nassib), screw around at QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember this when Ryan is giving up move-the-chains completions and Harmon is hustling on special teams.

Sure, as long as you remember to come back and say your post was useless if we win the superbowl this year....

[/QUOTE]

I shall, and for the record, I hope I'm eating crow in February.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't whine, I just point out that you are guilty of a double standard.  Remember when you whined after I called you gramps and got on you moral high horse claiming that you don't call people names.  that's been proven false. 

But you know what they say - "when you fall off a horse, get right back on". 

Are you capable of making a single post that isn't either lying or some sleazy misrepresentation, troll?

I didn't whine lying troll. I said I could care less, but did point out that those who can't win the argument with facts resort to slamming based on some personal criteria outside of the discussion. You know, trolls like you and dumbkoff do that when you get repeatedly owned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

got on you moral high horse claiming that you don't call people names.

Straight out lie from the Colts troll. Nothing new. I never said that. You are a phoney and don't have an honest bone in your body. That has been proven scores of times here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

With Ryan and Harmon struggling in camp, Belichick's impressive record of 3rd round failures continues.

Patriots 3rd round 2000-2013

It is what it is. 

My fine hombre from Havana, let me close with something that my father once told me. He said, "Son, never argue with with an idiot. No matter how right you are, or how many facts you can point to which support your position, you will never convince him. Your time would be equally served if you went outside and argued with a fence post." 

After years on this forum in which I've defended my thoughts on the Pats against Patriots' homers, I now know that my Dad was right...LOL!!! 

I don't argue. I simply state fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm going to criticize Brady here, so a warning for you sensitive people not read further.

Brady's performance in his playoff losses since the 2005 season:

01/14/2006 @Denver - 20/36 Comp: 55.6% Rate: 74.0 TD/INT: 1/2 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: the game turned when Brady, down 10-6, threw a red zone pick 6. Instead of a 10-9 score, Brady put his team in a 17-6 hole they couldn't get out from. In retrospect, the Dynasty ends here.

01/21/2007 @Indianapolis - 21/34 Comp: 61.8% Rate: 79.5 TD/INT: 1/1 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: Brady ends the game with a pick to safety Marlin Jackson.

02/03/2008 vs NY Giants - 29/48 Comp: 60.4% Rate: 82.5 TD/INT: 1/0 PFF Grade: N/A

NOTE: Brady was rattled by Giants pressure all night long.

01/10/2010 Baltimore - 23/42 Comp: 54.8% Rate: 49.1 TD/INT: 2/3 PFF Grade: -5.3

NOTE: No excuses for this performance.

01/16/2011 NY Jets - 29/45 Comp: 64.4% Rate: 89.0 TD/INT: 2/1 PFF Grade: -0.7

NOTE: Brady throws a pick, killing a drive in the 1stQ when his team was deep in Jets territory, setting the tone for the game.

02/05/2012 vs NY Giants - 27/41 Comp: 65.9% Rate: 91.1 TD/INT: 2/1 PFF Grade: 0.2

NOTE: Brady, in his own end zone, throws the ball away to avoid a sack, resulting in a safety. In the 4thQ and the Pats protecting a 17-15 lead, with his team at midfield and 1-10, Brady underthrows Gronk and gets picked off. The result, the Giants didn't score but moved the ball midfield to pin the Pats deep in their own zone. In the AFCCG win over the Ravens, the Pats won that game in spite of Brady who uttered "I sucked..." after the game. Eli's PFF Grade: +8.2 (Proof positive that PFF sucks and is biased against Brady and the Pats.)

01/20/2012 Baltimore - 29/54 Comp: 53.7% Rate: 62.3 TD/INT: 1/2 PFF Grade: -0.6

Of his 56 dropbacks, Brady was under pressure 17 times. The results: 1 INT and a 13.0 Rating. Can't blame the O-line. This one's on Tom.

What is this silly collection of picked cherries supposed to prove? That you have been swallowing handfuls of "Rusty Pills"?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

You've got a lot of nerve saying this about anybody else...after all the lies, misdirections, and misquoting you've done over the years. Why are you still here?   

Sections
Shortcuts