Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Hey, pms...why don't you tap your ruby slippers together and return to the Land of Oz. Maybe the Wizard there will give you some courage...LOL!!! 

Are you 12 years old?  That is some pretty weak stuff right there.  The guy who repeatedly accuses me of not staying on topic comes back with this?  Too funny.

P.S. Here are the answers you keep saying don't exist: http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/belichick-whiffs-in-the-3rd-again/100/6762467?ia=19693206

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

This thread was entertaining for a while but now TexasPat is using an old standard defense:  Plugging your ears and saying "la-la-la I can't hear you!".  Way to dust off that old gem but it's not helping your board cred.  If they had the internet back in the day, this is probably what it would have been like when first debating whether or not the earth was round.  pcm taking the role of Ptolemy, TP the side of flat earthers.

On the flip side, Cables said "ridiculously long knob" in a post.  So that was kind of funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Hey, pms...why don't you tap your ruby slippers together and return to the Land of Oz. Maybe the Wizard there will give you some courage...LOL!!! 

Are you 12 years old?  That is some pretty weak stuff right there.  The guy who repeatedly accuses me of not staying on topic comes back with this?  Too funny.

RESPONSE: Come on, man! Even you have to admit that was funny. LOL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

If they had the internet back in the day, this is probably what it would have been like when first debating whether or not the earth was round.  pcm taking the role of Ptolemy, TP the side of flat earthers.

RESPONSE: Ptolemy?? Do you really expect the homers here to know what you're talking about? LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

And no I don't mean Rusty, try not lumping us in together when it's obvious we disagree on a lot.

Lumping you in with Rusty is not right. He is an abomination. The one and only player he ever criticizes is Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Just call me the middle man. TP this is the post you must have skipped while reading, which answers your question.

Written by PCM

Unfortunately Tex I don't get paid to destroy your silly arguments all day so I can't be here 24/7.  I have already addressed this stupid point of yours one million times.  Even in your sample BB has drafted as many all pros and almost as many pro bowlers as Newsome.  Newsome is one of the top GM's in the league.  Therefore it is absurd to argue BB is a bottom tier GM. 

This time since you are unable to process even the simplest of arguments I'll go even further.  Your whole argument is that BB's drafting has been bottom tier since 2006.  I'll stipulate that the 2006 and 2007 drafts were not good.  However for your premise to be correct BB's drafts from 2008-2012 must have been bad as well.  Why you even talk about the 2013 draft is beyond me.  Evaluating a draft before a single guy has taken the field is stupid.  You end up looking like that hack Borges did when he criticized the 2001 draft class (specifically Seymour and Light).

So from 2008-2012 BB has drafted the following guys that I think were good picks:

Jones, Hightower, Dennard, Solder, Ridley, DMC, Gronk, Spikes, Hern, Vollmer, Mayo

He has also drafted these guys who have flashed some potential or provided value as a role player relative to their draft position:

Vereen, Cannon, Mesko, Deaderick, Edelman, Slater.

In the same time frame Newsome has drafted the following guys that I think were good picks:

Upshaw, Osemele, Torrey Smith, Pitta, Oher, Kruger, Webb, Flacco, Rice

He has also drafted these guys who have flashed some potential or provided value as a role player relative to their draft position:

Pierce, Gradkowski, McPhee, Dickson, Jones

Now you can (and probably will) quibble with how I've classified some of these guys which is why I've avoided subjective measures like this and stuck with well defined things like pro bowls and all pro teams, but looking at this list are you really going to argue that BB is vastly inferior to Newsome?  Hell BB has 2 all pros here while Newsome has none.  BB has guys that have been to 7 pro bowls here and Newsome has guys that have been to 3. 

And for the last time.  Newsome is a top tier GM and from 2008-2012 I don't think he has done a remarkably better job at finding players than BB via the draft.  I could argue BB has done better.  That sort of blows a hole in your little theory that BB has been a bottom tier drafter for the past 7 years.  Why don't you find for me the 25+ other GMs that have done better if it is so obvious.

As to your whole question as to why the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl that should be freaking obvious.  BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO WIN ONE.  You realize that Belichick and Brady are one win away from being tied for the most SB wins all time and the other 4 time winners didn't play in an era with a salary cap or the amount of free agency we have today which PROMOTES PARITY.  The fact is that the dynasty teams had a number of things go their way (the tuck rule and the Kasay out of bounds kickoff are a few things that come to mind) and the subsequent teams haven't (The Tyree catch or the safety which could have not been called).  It is frustrating, but doesn't mean the FO is completely freaking clueless. 

Having a contrarian opinion on this subject that flies in the face of all the available evidence doesn't make you objective.  It just makes you an idiot.  Frankly I'm amused that you get your panties in a bunch about my namecalling when the fact is that I was cordial to you for a long time and all you ever did was call me an idiot and a homer.  Maybe you shouldn't dish it out if you can't take the heat Tex.  You are the only Pats fan I call names on this board and it is well deserved at this point.  Maybe I should take your father's advice and stop arguing with an idiot like yourself since it is clear you are never going to get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

TP this is the post you must have skipped while reading, which answers your question.

Now why would you go and do that?  He was going to click on one of my links any day now.  ROFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/08/logan-ryan-makes-lasting-impression-in-home-debut-continues-rapid-growth-in-patriots-secondary/

This thread title just keeps getting dumber every week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think it is great but, then again, I was never enamoured with TP's pontifical pronouncements about the way the Pats played like he was the grand poobah of NFL football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

TexasPat getting grilled in this thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

all you ever did was call me an idiot and a homer.

Calling somebody a homer isn't name-calling.

Sections
Shortcuts