Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Belichick whiffs in the 3rd again...

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Wow, what a great thread. 

"Defense Wins Championships"

And what a great contribution to it! Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I never said the team around Brady sux. I said it was in total, mediocre.

I think a VERY strong case can be made that an NFL team that would go 8-8 without Brady at QB an BB as HC would be very likely to turn 4 of those losses to wins.

And that would be explain our 12 wins a year with a mediocre team around Brady coached by BB.

Or do you think this team would still go 12-4 without BB and Brady?

This team went 11-5 without Brady, were the 8th best offense in points scored, 5th best in yards, were #1 in first downs and scoring percentage in 2008 to lead the entire NFL.  

This with a 7th round draft pick QB who didn't start a single game in college... I guess maybe Belichick makes up in the 6th and 7th rounds what he doesn't do in the 3rd?

Again, dumb thread, dumb premise...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady, Wilfork, Vollmer, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Ridley, Gronk, Mankins, Adrian Wilson and Talib are all upper echelon NFL players.

Brady, Wilfork and Mankins are that. The rest are maybe's or just nots for a variety of reasons. I guess we would have to clearly define what you mean by "upper echelon".

[/QUOTE]

You can't judge football acumen at all if you insist Brady is the only talented player on our team and pretend like 31 other teams in the NFL wouldn't fall over themselves to acquire Vollmer, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Ridley, Gronk, Adrian Wilson, Talib as well as young guys like Chandler Jones, Hightower, all of our runningbacks, tightends, Marcus Cannon etc... I could go on and on.

This is why Bill can't keep practice squad players around and why when he cuts somebody they get snapped up in a heartbeat.  This whole argument is silly, borderline stupid...

[/QUOTE]

I never said Brady is the only talented player. EVERY NFL team has SOME talented players. What I said is the sum total of the players other than Brady are mediocre.

The difference between us is that you overrate our players wozzy. You're a homer and I'm objective. Nothing wrong with you being a homer at all. Nothing wrong with me being objective. But because you are a homer your assessments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Clever how you erased my smiley face that clearly indicated parody.  

You sure are a fascinating creature.

What parody? You run in lockstep with the village idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I never said the team around Brady sux. I said it was in total, mediocre.

I think a VERY strong case can be made that an NFL team that would go 8-8 without Brady at QB an BB as HC would be very likely to turn 4 of those losses to wins.

And that would be explain our 12 wins a year with a mediocre team around Brady coached by BB.

Or do you think this team would still go 12-4 without BB and Brady?

This team went 11-5 without Brady, were the 8th best offense in points scored, 5th best in yards, were #1 in first downs and scoring percentage in 2008 to lead the entire NFL.  

This with a 7th round draft pick QB who didn't start a single game in college... I guess maybe Belichick makes up in the 6th and 7th rounds what he doesn't do in the 3rd?

Again, dumb thread, dumb premise...

[/QUOTE]

Well, I DID say Brady AND BB in my point.

BB did coach the 2008 team, right?

And all objective observers know that 2008 schedule was a joke wozzy. Hell, I told everybody Cassel was not NFL starter material when he left and just looked good because of that cake schedule and I was right. He was a disaster in KC except for the one year he miraculously had another joke schedule. Luckiest SOB in the NFL that Cassel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No need to contribute to a thread that is filled with the same 3 or 4 guys who are shallow enough to try and sell patriot fans that Bill Belichick isn't a good talent evaluator. It would be an act of insanity to argue with you, babe or the other guy. If I were wozzys lawyer I would plead temporary insanity for even responding to this thread. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Texas Pat - outed once again as a fraud of minisule proportions. 

Zip it troll. You wish your worst quality was simply fraud.

[/QUOTE]

blowing kisses right back at ya, gramps. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO as the hick troll sinks to Rusty's age bashing tactics.

Serious question Colts' troll: Can you actually post anything of worth here, or is your twisted agenda that overwhelming?

[/QUOTE]
    The fact that you don't see it when I do exemplifies your own singlemindedness. 

In this case, I am just having a little fun at TP's expense regarding the limitations his own singleminded mentality that are so often exposed by me, others, and in this case, PCM.  

You never have fun, on this board at others expense do you, Babe? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady, Wilfork, Vollmer, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Ridley, Gronk, Mankins, Adrian Wilson and Talib are all upper echelon NFL players.

Brady, Wilfork and Mankins are that. The rest are maybe's or just nots for a variety of reasons. I guess we would have to clearly define what you mean by "upper echelon".

[/QUOTE]

You can't judge football acumen at all if you insist Brady is the only talented player on our team and pretend like 31 other teams in the NFL wouldn't fall over themselves to acquire Vollmer, Mayo, McCourty, Solder, Ridley, Gronk, Adrian Wilson, Talib as well as young guys like Chandler Jones, Hightower, all of our runningbacks, tightends, Marcus Cannon etc... I could go on and on.

This is why Bill can't keep practice squad players around and why when he cuts somebody they get snapped up in a heartbeat.  This whole argument is silly, borderline stupid...

[/QUOTE]

I never said Brady is the only talented player. EVERY NFL team has SOME talented players. What I said is the sum total of the players other than Brady are mediocre.

The difference between us is that you overrate our players wozzy. You're a homer and I'm objective. Nothing wrong with you being a homer at all. Nothing wrong with me being objective. But because you are a homer your assessments have to be taken with a grain of salt.

[/QUOTE]

You're a pessimist who often makes broad generalizations that have no basis in actual fact, this self loathing New England fan I trace back to early Red Sox/Patriots lore and there is a select group of "negative nancies" here who can trace their lineage back to those horrid Red Sox and Patriots teams and the scars they've left behind.  

These people are always waiting for the other shoe to drop, in Belichick's case the shoe has never dropped so you've gone searching for something to nitpick.

There's nothing there, this guy has survived the loss of coaches, his QB for a season, various players who played their way out of our budget, supposed cheating scandals that were followed by the longest winning streak in NFL history and now a mass murderer... there's nobody I'd rather have in the modern game than Bill Belichick, he has no peer.  

This isn't a debate, this is generally accepted league wide, except here with self loathing fans and elsewhere with opponents who have been on the wrong side of a BB beating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No need to contribute to a thread that is filled with the same 3 or 4 guys who are shallow enough to try and sell patriot fans that Bill Belichick isn't a good talent evaluator. It would be an act of insanity to argue with you, babe or the other guy. If I were wozzys lawyer I would plead temporary insanity for even responding to this thread. 

[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for wasting your time letting us know what you think of the thread TC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So, since responding to you Babe regarding my "bashing tactics" (probably because I called you that awful word - gramps), you've called someone dumkoff with a lmao@u, you've belittled someone as a homer, and you've described 2 people as village idiots. 

Where "bashing tactics" are concerned (and only that), looks like I've got a lot to learn from you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The fact that you don't see it when I do exemplifies your own singlemindedness. 

In this case, I am just having a little fun at TP's expense regarding the limitations his own singleminded mentality that are so often exposed by me, others, and in this case, PCM.  

RESPONSE: The only thing that you have ever had a hand in exposing around here is your ignorance, and complete lack of credibility. Now...quit slacking off! Get back on your job, and finish cleaning up that stable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're a pessimist who often makes broad generalizations that have no basis in actual fact, this self loathing New England fan I trace back to early Red Sox/Patriots lore and there is a select group of "negative nancies" here who can trace their lineage back to those horrid Red Sox and Patriots teams and the scars they've left behind.  

These people are always waiting for the other shoe to drop, in Belichick's case the shoe has never dropped so you've gone searching for something to nitpick.

There's nothing there, this guy has survived the loss of coaches, his QB for a season, various players who played their way out of our budget, supposed cheating scandals that were followed by the longest winning streak in NFL history and now a mass murderer... there's nobody I'd rather have in the modern game than Bill Belichick, he has no peer.  

This isn't a debate, this is generally accepted league wide, except here with self loathing fans and elsewhere with opponents who have been on the wrong side of a BB beating.

[/QUOTE]

I've always said BB is a great coach. I've always said he is an expert talent evaluator for players he actually has on the team. He just isn't anything special when it comes to evaluating players he doesn't actually have on the team.

Bottom line on BB: Great HC, meh GM.

I'm not pessimistic at all. I'm just a sober judge of what is actually what. I don't join in on debates whether Mayo is a good player or not. I don't question Wilfork's worth. I acknowledge Mankins, Solder and Vollmer are good lineman. etc

But what I don't do is claim the Meriweathers, Butlers and Chungs are looking great when they aren't and I am subsequently proven right because BB boots them.

I want to know why we aren't winning SBs for 8 years now. The only reason I can see that explains this is that the team is just not as good as it used to be. I can't blame Brady's play or BB's coaching as the prime cause. So the only cause left is the guy who brings in the talent.

A perfect example of what makes me tick in this is my interaction with Rusty about McCourty after his rookie year. I said "so far so good". Because I don't judge any guy after one year, either way. But Rusty pounced on me and said McCourty was a sure fire consistent pro-bowl guy. I wish the hell he was! But he has not been. Period. I'm hopeful he will make a big impact at safety. The chances of that seem good. But I'm not going to declare him a success or a bust at that after a half season.

You're an optimist and I'm a pragmatist. That's where we differ.

You're like Pete Carroll and I'm like Bill Belichick. LMAO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

So is Chung.  So is Meriweather.  So is Darius Butler.  Amusingly so is Brace AND McKenzie.  Are all of those guys good picks too?  More lack of facts in your posts.

RESPONSE: What in the world are you babbling about now? You're not making any sense. I'll say one thing about you...at least in that regard, you're consistent...LOL!!

That goofy photo that you use for your posting ID...if it's a photo of yourself, may I suggest that you try a laxitive? LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, since responding to you Babe regarding my "bashing tactics" (probably because I called you that awful word - gramps), you've called someone dumkoff with a lmao@u, you've belittled someone as a homer, and you've described 2 people as village idiots. 

Where "bashing tactics" are concerned (and only that), looks like I've got a lot to learn from you. 

I didn't expect that you would get it Colts troll.

I don't slam people for their age, job, education, income or other personal traits. I don't choose to sink to that level. I slam them for the stupid things they say about football or their moral compass.

See the difference troll?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: What in the world are you babbling about now? You're not making any sense. I'll say one thing about you...at least in that regard, you're consistent...LOL!!

That goofy photo that you use for your posting ID...if it's a photo of yourself, may I suggest that you try a laxitive? LOL!!!

You said Gooden was a good pick for Newsome because "at least he is still in the NFL".  It is in plain view for everyone to see.  Many of the players you deride as busts that BB picked "are still in the NFL".  That doesn't mean anything.  My response makes perfect sense you twit.  Learn the game.

As for my photo it is Belichick's face photoshopped onto Grady Little.  It was a joke run by the wesbite Boston Dirt Dogs many years ago.  Of course it is pretty easy to tell if you were actually a Boston sports fan.  Sadly you are just another dimwit from Texas who knows nothing about Boston sports.  LMAO @ U.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

You said Gooden was a good pick for Newsome because "at least he is still in the NFL".  It is in plain view for everyone to see.  Many of the players you deride as busts that BB picked "are still in the NFL".

RESPONSE: Who are these "many players"?

That doesn't mean anything.  My response makes perfect sense you twit.  Learn the game.

RESPONSE: Doesn't mean anything?? Gooden is still contributing to an NFL team. Can the same be said for Terrence Wheatley, Ron Brace, Shawn Crable, Taylor Price, or Tyrone McKenzie...top 100 picks, all?

"Twit"?? Such hostility, pcmIV! Please go ahead and take that laxative I suggested.

As for my photo it is Belichick's face photoshopped onto Grady Little. It was a joke run by the wesbite Boston Dirt Dogs many years ago.

RESPONSE: Hilarious.

Of course it is pretty easy to tell if you were actually a Boston sports fan.  Sadly you are just another dimwit from Texas who knows nothing about Boston sports. 

RESPONSE: Yep...you've got me on this one, big guy! That's proof positive that I know nothing about Boston sports...LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RESPONSE: Who are these "many players"?

RESPONSE: Doesn't mean anything?? Gooden is still contributing to an NFL team. Can the same be said for Terrence Wheatley, Ron Brace, Shawn Crable, Taylor Price, or Tyrone McKenzie...top 100 picks, all?

Brace and McKenzie still play for NFL teams as has been pointed out multiple times.  Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with some actual facts.  Darius Butler, Patrick Chung and Brandon Meriweather are all playing for NFL teams.  Meriweather, Butler and Chung all signed larger contracts than Gooden.  It is disingenuous to call those guys busts and then refer to Gooden as a good pick.  If you can't see that then you are truly delusional.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't slam people for their age, job, education, income or other personal traits. I don't choose to sink to that level. I slam them for the stupid things they say about football or their moral compass.

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Babe - that's not going to cut it.  From a "personal attacks" perspective you are as immoral just about anyone on this board and easily worse than me.  Either your idea of morality is twisted or you are simply a hypocrite or both. 

You can't call someone stupid, dumkoff, or an idiot and suggest that you are somehow morally superior to someone who calls you gramps.  I'm have no idea how your brain allows you to do that or so easily discern between education and intellect since they are at least generally related, but I really don't care.  Your "qualified morality" proves that you have very little ability to think objectively. 

I'd just classify you as one track hater.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Brace and McKenzie still play for NFL teams as has been pointed out multiple times.

RESPONSE: By whom?? Though Brace was signed by the Redskins in February, there's no guarantee he's making the team. I didn't know about McKenzie catching on in Minnesota. In any event, Gooden has been a more productive player than either of these two Patriot busts, who were selected at #40 and #97, respectively, in 2009. Gooden started for Baltimore in 2009...and now is entering his second year with the 49ers...the NFC's best team.    

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with some actual facts.  Darius Butler, Patrick Chung and Brandon Meriweather are all playing for NFL teams.

RESPONSE: I know that, knucklehead! I never stated that they were out of the league.

Meriweather, Butler and Chung all signed larger contracts than Gooden.

RESPONSE: All three of these former Patriots are big-time busts. Meriweather is on his way out of the league...and is a former #1 pick. Chung is a borderline talent, who was the second pick in the second round, #34th overall, in the 2009 draft. Butler was also a high second rounder, taken 41st overall in 2009. And...you're proud of this?? Gooden was a mid-third round pick, selected 71st overall...who lasted in Baltimore for 3 years, and in S.F. for 2 years. Pretty fair production for a mid-third rounder...as opposed to the trio of BB disasters, discussed above. 

It is disingenuous to call those guys busts and then refer to Gooden as a good pick.  If you can't see that then you are truly delusional.

RESPONSE: In your goofy mind, perhaps. But, when you take into consideration  where the above players were selected in the draft...it's not disingenuous at all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Sorry Babe - that's not going to cut it.  From a "personal attacks" perspective you are as immoral just about anyone on this board and easily worse than me.  Either your idea of morality is twisted or you are simply a hypocrite or both.

RESPONSE: Sorry Dog(ggggg)...but you're on very thin ice here. I'll take a so-called name caller over a known, habitual liar, any day of the week. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RESPONSE: By whom?? Though Brace was signed by the Redskins in February, there's no guarantee he's making the team. I didn't know about McKenzie catching on in Minnesota. In any event, Gooden has been a more productive player than either of these two Patriot busts, who were selected at #40 and #97, respectively, in 2009. Gooden started for Baltimore in 2009...and now is entering his second year with the 49ers...the NFC's best team.    

Gooden 2012: 9 tackles and no other stats

McKenzie 2012: 12 tackles and no other stats

Gooden is a freaking special teamer who was cut by the Ravens before signing a small deal with the 9ers.  He is special teamer and yet he was a good pick and McKenzie was a huge bust.  That is absurd.

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: I know that, knucklehead! I never stated that they were out of the league.

[/QUOTE]

No, but you said Gooden was a good pick because he was still in the NFL.  Meriweather, Chung and Butler are all guys you derided as busts, but they are still in the NFL and signed larger contracts than Gooden.  That my friend is a double standard.

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: All three of these former Patriots are big-time busts. Meriweather is on his way out of the league...and is a former #1 pick. Chung is a borderline talent, who was the second pick in the second round, #34th overall, in the 2009 draft. Butler was also a high second rounder, taken 41st overall in 2009. And...you're proud of this?? Gooden was a mid-third round pick, selected 71st overall...who lasted in Baltimore for 3 years, and in S.F. for 2 years. Pretty fair production for a mid-third rounder...as opposed to the trio of BB disasters, discussed above.

[/QUOTE]

Now you are shifting the goalposts yet again.  First it was about contracts, then it was about still being in the NFL.  Now it is about where they were selected.  Meriweather and Chung were selected higher than Gooden but they outproduced him by a mile.  Gooden over 3 seasons with the Ravens had 70 tackles, no forced fumbles, no sacks and no INTs.  Chung's 2010 season was better than all of Gooden's 3 seasons combined.  3 of Meriweather's seasons (2 of which resulted in a pro bowl berth) were better than all of Gooden's 3 seasons combined.  There is no way you can spin that both of thoes guys were busts and Gooden was a productive pick.  I mean christ you have called Brandon Tate a bust in other threads where you complain about BB's drafting of WRs.  Tate's 2010 season where he had 436 receiving yards, 3 receiving TDs and 2 KO return TDs was more production than the Ravens got out of Gooden in 3 years and Tate was picked LATER in the draft than Gooden.  Face it.  Gooden was nothing more than a ST JAG who was cut by the Ravens.  Had he been picked by BB you would have called him a bust.  You have never been objective on this topic and I will continue to expose you as the fraud you are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hey Tex since you think so highly of Gooden I guess that means you'll count Duron Harmon as a productive pick for BB if he is a special teamer for 3 years, gets cut and then signs with another team for 700K right?  LMAO @ U.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey Tex since you think so highly of Gooden I guess that means you'll count Duron Harmon as a productive pick for BB if he is a special teamer for 3 years, gets cut and then signs with another team for 700K right? 

RESPONSE: I never said that Gooden was a star...just a guy that gave the team some production...and started for the Ravens in 2009. We'll see what Harmon does. Can I put you down as saying that Harmon will be the answer for the Pats at SS? Oh, I forgot...Tavon Wilson was the answer.

Why is it that your focusing soley on Gooden? Why are you neglecting to talk about Haloti Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Torrey Smith, Yanda, and Grubbs...hmmm???

Go back to the five year olds, son...LOL!!!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is funny stuff Colts' troll. The guy who calls sexual assault a "harmless college prank" is going to lecture me on morals because I call the single most detested poster here a dumbkoff.  It just doesn't get much funnier than that.

Do you ever get sick of looking like a fool?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RESPONSE: I never said that Gooden was a star...just a guy that gave the team some production...and started for the Ravens in 2009. We'll see what Harmon does. Can I put you down as saying that Harmon will be the answer for the Pats at SS? Oh, I forgot...Tavon Wilson was the answer.

Why is it that your focusing soley on Gooden? Why are you neglecting to talk about Haloti Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Torrey Smith, Yanda, and Grubbs...hmmm???

Go back to the five year olds, son...LOL!!!  

You counted Gooden (among a few other guys I took issue with) as a hit for Newsome in one of your earlier posts.  The entire point of this back and forth has been to expose the double standard you have for evaluating BB's picks versus the picks of other GMs such as Newsome.  You give other GMs far more benefit of the doubt when evaluating picks.  Why would I talke about Ngata, Flacco, Rice, Torrey, Yanda or Grubbs?  Those were good picks so I had no issue with you classifying them as such.  It is disingenuous to compare Newsome to BB and then stack the deck in Newsome's favor by giving him credit for picks that are equal to or worse than picks of BB's that you have classified as busts.  It is also disingenuous to cherry pick 2006-now and conveniently remove 2 of Newsome's weakest drafts the 2 years prior.  Of course you aren't trying to have a genuine debate here.  You are just trying to push your agenda that Belichick is a bad drafter who (to use you words not mine) "would be fired if he was GM of another team".  Even if BB came out himself and said that Newsome was a better drafter it wouldn't matter.  Why?  Because Newsome is one of the top GMs in the league.  Proving Belichick is inferior to Newsome (which I am not conceding) isn't proving that Belichick is a bottom tier drafter who would be fired if he was on another team.  I think most people would agree Matt Ryan isn't as good as Rodgers or Brady.  That doesn't make him a bottom tier QB.  If anyone is acting like a child here it is you.

Sections
Shortcuts