Belichick will show a record number of offesive and defensive sets this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Belichick will show a record number of offesive and defensive sets this season

Methinks The Mad Scientist Bill Belichick will show a record number of sets on both sides of the ball this season. With all the veteran recievers, running backs, defensive linemen, we'll see formations we have not even imagined. This could be BB's greatest season yet. Let the fun begin!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Belichick will show a record number of offesive and defensive sets this season

I just want to see QBs getting up off the ground.  That's all I care about.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Belichick will show a record number of offesive and defensive sets this season

Article on the Patriots showing flexible defensive fronts....

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/15/new-england-patriots-flexible-fronts/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Belichick will show a record number of offesive and defensive sets this season:
    Methinks The Mad Scientist Bill Belichick will show a record number of sets on both sides of the ball this season. With all the veteran recievers, running backs, defensive linemen, we'll see formations we have not even imagined. This could be BB's greatest season yet. Let the fun begin!
    Posted by Shtarka

It's not the veteran receivers that open up the offense.  It's the TIGHT ENDS.  Hernandez is a matchup problem while Gronkowski is a dual threat to block and to catch.  Lee Smith is enough of a passing threat as a third tackle to warrant covering while Yeatman at 6'8" is also massive if he makes the cut, or Crumpler could be brought back.

I just wish they could have gotten Roth, although the way he "negotiated" in reaching an "agreement" then shopping it to the rest of the league, I don't blame the Pats for refusing to raise their price for him.  He can enjoy 3rd place in Jacksonville instead of getting noticed as a versatile player on a contender.

Otherwise, I like that they can roll out with Ellis/Wilfork/GWarren in a 3-4 look, or use Cunningham/Carter, Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Anderson/Moore/Ninkovich in a 4-3 look, but with Cunningham and Ninkovich, you could then shift back into a 1-gap 3-4 or a 2-5.

But NO to Mike Wright as a 3-4 DE - he's a pass rush role player, along with Myron Pryor.  He just can't cut it against the run.

I'm excited. I just hope they sign Darren Sharper so they can have more experience at safety.  Sharper might even be able to teach Merriweather a thing or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I'm thinking Belichick will come up with some unique formations..maybe 4 tight ends, who knowswhat on defense....this is Belichick's year. Fat Rex's abdominal girth will go up 10 inches before the season is over.

Sections
Shortcuts