In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For me it is simple: I don't expect the NFL to be perfect, I don't expect that the best team allways wins. I understand that refereeing is one of the variables in any game that one has no control over.

I am happy when the team plays well, acts with integrity win or lose, devises interesting schemes,fights hard and does not give up, as it did on that last drive at the end of the game.

The Pats (with the exception of Talib) did all that Monday night against the Panthers. They didn't get the win but I am still proud of them.

[/QUOTE]
    nyc - the call or non-call is argueable so I understand the consternation.  I don't care for those who want to claim some kind of conspiracy exists against the pats, and I thought I would provide an example of a similar play where the pats benefitted from no call. 

[/QUOTE]

and had to go back 3 years to find it.......and it didn't apply

[/QUOTE]
    time makes no difference.  the example exists.  Your team has benefitted from calls and been stung by them - as has every team.  there's no conspiracy. 

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree...  but not to the degree this call hurt the Pats and the reaction of the media to it.  This call generated more talk, like the hit to Brees, than previous calls/plays of similar type.

Somewhere, we are going to see some sort of system to avoid snap judgements resulting in a wrong result since at game speed, what looks like one thing is actually nothing when seen a second time.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.......just don't understand why these calls can't be reviewed at the end of game.

Be one thing if they took some time and made an accurate call. They just wanted to rush off the field in this last game with no explanation until a day later.

[/QUOTE]

Iceman ...  You're making a lot of sense...  The first thing a rational league would want is to have the calls made right and avoid these screwjobs using replay and good judgment.  99% of officials looking at that replay with the flag on the field would call the penalty and make the game comee to an appropriate ending with 1 play at the 1 yard line.

That is what sucks bigtime....  Its a LOSS.  Could make a difference playoff wise, but hopefully not...  Need the win Sunday for sure.  Maybe goodell will send his secret text to the ref crew....   (we want New England to win...  since Denver won last week and we need to appease the violent mob in new England before they hunt me down...)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Belichick with proof over incorrect non-call

The refs in that game are far from "on notice".  The league has protected them every step of the way, even when that means the front office sounds like a bunch of whining hypocrites.

They prioritized the integrity of their refs over their own integrity after that call.  Where are people hearing that the refs have been at all accountable?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The refs in that game are far from "on notice".  The league has protected them every step of the way, even when that means the front office sounds like a bunch of whining hypocrites.

They prioritized the integrity of their refs over their own integrity after that call.  Where are people hearing that the refs have been at all accountable?

[/QUOTE]

True ...  In other cases the mistakes have been admitted.  Not this time, and the length that they have gone to stretch the rule and ignore precedent points to the built- in Bias by Goodell and the league. 

Since now they have a bigger problem...  The rule has not been clarified , more ambiguity has been added.   The message being ...  call whatever you want we got your back...lame.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

On man banned should be removed.  (Banned again)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Sounds like BB is starting to invoke the old tried and true everyone and everything is against us strategy for good reason. There are quite a few very vocal pats haters demonstrated by an inordinate number of other teams fans coming on this site and spending quite a bit of energy tearing us and th Patriots down. Did the PAtriots rape their mother I don't get it.

Anyway these same losers call the NFL officiating office and constantly complain about the Pats getting special treatment...could not be farther from the truth,  they have a coach that instructs them how not to be penalized and they commit fewer penalities! I am convinced now that all that means is the Pats get crappy make up calls against them and also no call when it should be going their way so the refs can't be accused of bias!

This team should turn into the Oakland Raiders of the 70's and just play plain dirty. Kraft should get a secret fund to help pay players fines kept in a trust that can be released when they retire.

This has gotten out of hand and they need to start doing things differently.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like BB is starting to invoke the old tried and true everyone and everything is against us strategy for good reason. There are quite a few very vocal pats haters demonstrated by an inordinate number of other teams fans coming on this site and spending quite a bit of energy tearing us and th Patriots down. Did the PAtriots rape their mother I don't get it.

Anyway these same losers call the NFL officiating office and constantly complain about the Pats getting special treatment...could not be farther from the truth,  they have a coach that instructs them how not to be penalized and they commit fewer penalities! I am convinced now that all that means is the Pats get crappy make up calls against them and also no call when it should be going their way so the refs can't be accused of bias!

This team should turn into the Oakland Raiders of the 70's and just play plain dirty. Kraft should get a secret fund to help pay players fines kept in a trust that can be released when they retire.

[/QUOTE]

If you live outside of NE or Boston, you should get it by now.  If your NFL team in a cap era with parity is .500 or worse every year, it's not only embarrassing, you're jealous of whoever isn't .500 or worse every year.

We can say we'll win the division every year going no worse than 12-4 and it drives loser fans of other teams absolutely nuts.

[/QUOTE

this

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPatriots. Show BostonPatriots's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you live outside of NE or Boston, you should get it by now.  If your NFL team in a cap era with parity is .500 or worse every year, it's not only embarrassing, you're jealous of whoever isn't .500 or worse every year.

We can say we'll win the division every year going no worse than 12-4 and it drives loser fans of other teams absolutely nuts.

[/QUOTE]

This would feel a whole lot better if there weren't so many teams (and some a multiple of times) winning the SB since we did last. Maybe we'd be better off in a more competitive division.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Commit fewer penalties my butt, they just get away with more than the average team and then whine to have "special" rules put in place when bad things happen to them.

[/QUOTE]

How to Deal With Your Paranoia: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts