Re: Belichick, without Weis, is a big game LOSER

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Before Bill 0 titles

[/QUOTE]

Before Weis, Crennel and Pioli - 0 titles

[/QUOTE]

Is there some reason why I or anyone else should bother with you troll other than to crap on you? I guess whatever team you actually do root for has had a better run than the Pats terrible seasons since the last SB win right? Your team sucks and you're jealous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So in points scored since Weis left, the Pats have ranked:

3rd in 2013

1st in 2012

3rd in 2011

1st in 2010 

6th in 2009

8th in 2008 (without Brady)

1st in 2007

7th in 2006

10th in 2005

This compares with the following under Weis:

4th in 2004

12th in 2003

10th in 2002

6th in 2001

25th in 2000

And the conclusion is the entire offensive system needs to be blown up and the coaches replaced? Wow.  Just wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First people need to see the problem.  Not be blind...

If you accept the talent of Brady as evidenced by his 10-0 playoff record to start his career, then you look at what changed ... Resulting in 8-8 playoff record and lost big games since...?

It's pretty obvious that the offense has underperformed and was downright poor over this stretch.  It's not on Brady entirely since the overall strategy has failed so that starts with game plan and coaching.

Face it people.  Belichick needs to take the choke(no pun intended) hold off the offense by scrapping the system and starting fresh with an established OC with a fresh approach .  Brady will thrive on this. 

Look at what Peyton did with his new system in denver for example... . .

[/QUOTE]

Why do you consider this a zero sum game?  The only possible explanation, according to you, is that the offensive scheme is flawed.  And if any of us don't agree with you then we are BB apologists.  Rather extreme don't you think?

You simply dismiss every other factor that bears on the outcome of the game.  Is the point of your post to elicit dialog or simply make a declaration on the clarity of your thinking and the correctness of your view?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you just handed that young man his hat.

[/QUOTE]

Not really my intent but it would be nice once in awhile to discuss a topic without resorting to the nuclear option at the first indication that everyone isn't in total agreement. 

[/QUOTE]
    scrapping the system isn't nuclear.  Its a sensible approach to the failure over 9 seasons where a team good enough to be in the playoffs 8 times, gets to the final 2 twice, final 4 three other times ,... Etc,etc.  cannot put together a game plan with their collective talent and expertise to win THAT BIG GAME.  They can't do it within the current constraints.  It is now obvious. 

I didn't rant all about this last year or the year before.  This year is different because of the accumulated data reaching the tipping point.

Scrap the system starting now. Get belichicks hands off it.  it is flawed.  It is failed.  Admit that the offensive side of the ball has caused at least half of these losses.  That is the point.  Fix it from the top down.  Change is good.  It will help Brady .

Look at how gomer seized on the change in Denver.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3rd in 2013

1st in 2012

3rd in 2011

1st in 2010 

6th in 2009

1st in 2007

7th in 2006

10th in 2005

4th in 2004

12th in 2003

10th in 2002

6th in 2001

25th in 2000

And the conclusion is the entire offensive system needs to be blown up and the coaches replaced? Wow.  Just wow.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow is right.  Oh my. You clearly are new to football. You keep proving it. You try to come off knowledgeable but clearly show signs of being new to the game.

Facts:

1. Rogie Goodell took over in early 2006 and has since altered rules all over the place to favor offenses. BB knew this was going to happen, so he started to  the offense to be able to score points, mainly through the air.  Makes sense. Play the style of the offense that the league is promoting.

I showed rankings not points scored, genius. Rankings show scoring relative to what other teams are scoring in the same year.  Rule changes from year to year are irrelevant when you are looking at rankings.

Problem is, like the 1980s Chargers, Dolphins, or the 90s Bills or 2000s Colts and then our Pats recently, YEP, I just checked, all those teams finished high every year and then Fouts, Marino, Kelly, Gomie and Tommy all underachieved when it counted or went home earlier than they should have.  Remember? Or, did you not watch the NFL pre 2007 season?

2. Amounts of points scored over a season doesn't mean anything. It's HOW you score them that matters.

Duh.

7 points for a 6 minute drive is better than 7 points in a 3 minute drive?

You'd have to be a moron to say it doesn't matter or pick the latter.

[/QUOTE]

Last I heard they don't award any extra points for drive time. Grasping at straws here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you accept the talent of Brady as evidenced by his 10-0 playoff record to start his career, then you look at what changed ... Resulting in 8-8 playoff record and lost big games since...?

It's pretty obvious that the offense has underperformed and was downright poor over this stretch.  It's not on Brady entirely since the overall strategy has failed so that starts with game plan and coaching.

Face it people.  Belichick needs to take the choke(no pun intended) hold off the offense by scrapping the system and starting fresh with an established OC with a fresh approach .  Brady will thrive on this. 

[/QUOTE]

Why do you consider this a zero sum game?  The only possible explanation, according to you, is that the offensive scheme is flawed.  And if any of us don't agree with you then we are BB apologists.  Rather extreme don't you think?

You simply dismiss every other factor that bears on the outcome of the game.  Is the point of your post to elicit dialog or simply make a declaration on the clarity of your thinking and the correctness of your view?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not really my intent but it would be nice once in awhile to discuss a topic without resorting to the nuclear option at the first indication that everyone isn't in total agreement. 

[/QUOTE]
    scrapping the system isn't nuclear.  Its a sensible approach to the failure over 9 seasons where a team good enough to be in the playoffs 8 times, gets to the final 2 twice, final 4 three other times ,... Etc,etc.  cannot put together a game plan with their collective talent and expertise to win THAT BIG GAME.  They can't do it within the current constraints.  It is now obvious. 

I didn't rant all about this last year or the year before.  This year is different because of the accumulated data reaching the tipping point.

Scrap the system starting now. Get belichicks hands off it.  it is flawed.  It is failed.  Admit that the offensive side of the ball has caused at least half of these losses.  That is the point.  Fix it from the top down.  Change is good.  It will help Brady .

[/QUOTE]

Please take a look at prolate's post above with respect to the offense's rank year by year.  

Get Belichick's hands off it?  You really typed that?  Ever see an interview with Weis where he discussed red zone play calling and how often he deferred to Belichick?  Apparently not. Weis often deferred to BB in the red zone and said so unhesitatingly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I liked Weis, I thought he was very instrumental in developing our offense, and developing players within our offense. The guy had a great resume prior to becoming a coordinator here...he was a tightend coach the year Coates had his breakout season, he was running back's coach Martin's rookie year I believe, and he was receiver's coach the year Glenn was a rookie...all those guys success I believe was a direct result of Weis being their coach. This guy demanded a lot from his players, and they gave it to him.

When he started calling the plays more in NY I thought the offense was very up tempo and had a lot of interesting wrinkles in it. Before he left NE, NE was one of the first - if not the first - teams to go empty backfield...I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to do with that (1995).

I do think that he thought he was Bill Parcells and tried to act like him in press conferences (which I found to be phony and annoying)...and he had that law suite filed against him before he left here from the contractor that said he didn't pay him nearly 300 thousand in improvements he did to his home. And of course he failed at ND...then had it out with Haley in KC. All in all though I liked him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3rd in 2013

1st in 2012

3rd in 2011

1st in 2010 

6th in 2009

1st in 2007

7th in 2006

10th in 2005

4th in 2004

12th in 2003

10th in 2002

6th in 2001

25th in 2000

[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow is right.  Oh my. You clearly are new to football. You keep proving it. You try to come off knowledgeable but clearly show signs of being new to the game.

Facts:

1. Rogie Goodell took over in early 2006 and has since altered rules all over the place to favor offenses. BB knew this was going to happen, so he started to  the offense to be able to score points, mainly through the air.  Makes sense. Play the style of the offense that the league is promoting.

Problem is, like the 1980s Chargers, Dolphins, or the 90s Bills or 2000s Colts and then our Pats recently, YEP, I just checked, all those teams finished high every year and then Fouts, Marino, Kelly, Gomie and Tommy all underachieved when it counted or went home earlier than they should have.  Remember? Or, did you not watch the NFL pre 2007 season?

2. Amounts of points scored over a season doesn't mean anything. It's HOW you score them that matters.

Duh.

7 points for a 6 minute drive is better than 7 points in a 3 minute drive?

You'd have to be a moron to say it doesn't matter or pick the latter.

[/QUOTE]

God!  You are pathetic and stupid and a pathological liar.

Drive times are more or less dictated by situation.

You ever hear of a 2 minute offense?  How about a 4?  Dumbazz!

There are times when you need to slow it down and speed it up.

Teams wanting to keep the offense on the bench are going to slow it up.  The counter to that is to go into a 2 minute type offense that doesn't slow the game down further.

You want to slow it down, like in the 4th with a huge lead, ( or like Both Mannings did to BBs, pathetic D) then you waste all the time you want or can.

You freaken dope!  How many times do people have to explain this to you.

When you have a pathetic defense like Bills defenseless, D, that is on the field WAYYYYY TOOOOOOO much, you have to go to a quick strike offense that can score in as little time as possible.. A seven minute drive is going to eliminate another possession.  If you are needing to score, THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS REDUCE YOUR POSSESSIONS.  DUH! .  The game is timed.  Both the D and O CAN'T waste it. Somethings got to give, and that something is usually the O, because the D is sooooo easily exploited.

The D has to be playing well to play a ball control offense.  Allowing scores and minutes on 6 of 7 possessions is not going to cut it.

Are you really this stupid?

You play like time is running out because basically it is, because your dopey D, is limiting it for you.

More and more teams are doing this to the Pats and will continue to until SOMEONE fixes the D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The super bowl winning teams were once-in-a-lifetime dream teams. We want it to continue but let's be real. They came so close to being 19-0 in 2007. They were one key play from winning it again in 2011. It's hard to win a super bowl as the Broncos will find out on Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I'm suprised noone suggested Weiss was succesful because he knew the defensive calls ahead of time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please take a look at prolate's post above with respect to the offense's rank year by year.  

Get Belichick's hands off it?  You really typed that?  Ever see an interview with Weis where he discussed red zone play calling and how often he deferred to Belichick?  Apparently not. Weis often deferred to BB in the red zone and said so unhesitatingly.

[/QUOTE]

Red zone is not your base offense aka the mechanism that gets you into the redzone... As opposed to 3 and outs to start the football game.  

The current offense is stale and pathetic, and was a complete waste of the talent on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

plenty of blame to go all around; including BB and the rest of the coaches. It's certainly no single person's fault....like some folks try to force feed the masses everyday.

Things are headed back in the right direction as far as the defense goes, but relying on Talib to make everything else fall into place needs to be worked on.  OL and DL needs shoring up. Need depth at DBs.  TE needs depth if BB still wants 2-TE power formations. If not, they need to add depth at WR.  The verdict is still out as to whether this past season rookie WRs will be able to make big improvements next season. If Spikes is not re-signed, they need some players who have on field intensity.

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Like my tail?...well, that's as close as you get to IT! Pervmeister, catfancier, kitty pederasty maven.....like I said, you'll NEVER walk behind me...lol...oh nonononono!

TSK, TSK, TSK.....the only good thing about you is your extremely teeny weeny pe_ _ er, but hey, if you like greased up neighborhood cat slutes, by all means, take out that old rag and chloroform and go to town....I'm sure you've been in contact with your NY Jets Buddy, Kellen "Mr. Vaseline" Winslow!....lube is important when you're consorting with kitties no matter how smAll you are...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

BTW...how do you explain those scratch marks on your thighs from the cats swiping you with their hind legs and sharp claws trying to save their honor? I bet your mom gets upset when she gives you your bubblebath after!

Get that kitty punatuna!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since Weis, Crennel and Pioli left, zero titles

Before Bill 0 titles

[/QUOTE]

Bill before Brady, 0 titles

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Welcome to ignoreville , catbeatch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

[QUOTE]

Welcome to ignoreville , catbeatch.

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Moron BB hater......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your critical thinking and logic might be too good for this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is clarity and correctness then why is there disagreement...?   scrap the system .  Try something else.  Why not? 

Actually the inability to agree with this is an example of the stale thinking that loses games and basically assures this crap will continue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is clarity and correctness then why is there disagreement...?   scrap the system .  Try something else.  Why not? 

Actually the inability to agree with this is an example of the stale thinking that loses games and basically assures this crap will continue.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you either missed my original point or I was correct in mentioning that you appear to be insistent on the clarity of your thinking and correctness of your point of view while seemingly everyone else is wandering blindly through the wildeness of football ignorance.    In other words, you have the answers while the rest of us don't know our a_ss from first base.

Self-assurance is one thing; arrogance is quite another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps I'm simply a dumba_ss BB apoligist after all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps I'm simply a dumba_ss BB apoligist after all.

[/QUOT e)

You are right that I am trying to present something that is difficult to accept. Thats not throwing sh1!t at the wall and its not arrogant if it has merit.  if losing all these big games is acceptable to you while Brady is in his prime , you're just not wired like me.  Fix it. belichick is in the crosshairs right now for good reason.  That is fact #1.

The structure is failing... that's the point.  Strategy and luck should win half these games, that is a statistical fact#2.  watch the super bowl.  Watch what Seattle does on offense.  Pats have higher ranked offense based on yards and points, but watch how Seattle attacks Denver's D.

This will be a follow up thread after the SB.  What will be revealed if I'm actually onto something is that Seattle will have more success with less against Denver.

The difference will be strategy and playcalling. Carroll is an innovative thinker.  His defense is different, he coaches different. He gets results this way. He's not afraid to attack using all his players talents .  he pulled off that wr reverse pass for a td last year I think.  Expect a creative set of plays that will get Denver running around and hopefully panicking  .

I'm not saying Brady can be Russell Wilson but the approach is the same if you can get out of your box and attack the field with the talent you have.  Patriots were not able to do that against depleted Denver D.  Seattle will IMO. 

IF this happens , it will be a condemnation of the beliDaniels offensive system.  (as if the prior evidence presented is not a slam dunk case)... and everyone can agree that it should be scrapped for a fresh approach.  we shall see, eh...?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Its plays like 3rd and 3, and throwing a sideline pattern, that has me thinking would you think Weiss would have called that. Important part in game, starting to get Offense going a little, just 1st down is needed, and were throwing sideline patterns to Slater.
    I cant believe Weiss would have called that, or have that personnel there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I guess nobody will ever understand the team chemistry thingy.....Weis and Crennel have done nothing since they left. BB has been far more successful.

But my point is, and has been, is that the trio did great things together and formed a working relationship that worked.

The game plans, the game adjustments were amazing. It would be nice to have that sideline chemistry once again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Another thing, in SF-Seattle game, at halftime Jimmy Johnson said dont give up on run game, for Seattle. You realize, Lynch had 13 carries for 27 yards at Halftime.(For Babe thats 2.076923078 yards per carry) Ended up with over 100 yards. I understand the score dictates about running, but we just flat out gave up on it with Denver. Especially in 1st half. This should have been a grind out game, and we didn't play that way on Offense. Take what they give you, manageable 3rd downs. Control the clock and wear them down.
    The 01 Superbowl Blueprint should have been taken out of closet. That tells me a lot about McDaniels.