Belichick's 2013 Draft Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Belichick's 2013 Draft Watch

Easily the best draft in years, but the whinners won't give BB any credit.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Boyce and Harmon were picked as needs b/c Bill wiffed on adding a legit veteran safety alongside McCourty and couldn't up the ante for Emmanual Sanders by all of 1 million. Sanders means no Boyce.

If we had signed Goldson, the safety Brady just said he most admired, who should have been signed when he was in for a visit 2 years ago (and all but guaranteed a SB win over the Giants) then we'd have not had to have Harmon.

I am still fine with the great value Pats got from Vikings for that #1 pick. Still a no-brainer unless Ogletree is an absolute superstar.

So Collins, Dobson and Ryan still could have all been the plays there. The Harmon pick goes to Pitt. I'd have liked to have seen Akeem Spence, the DT we just saw sack Brady, over Boyce. Then how about trading up 15 spots from our own 4th with a 7th and maybe a future 6th or 7th to take Barrett Jones and solidify the inside of the O-line?

An offseason in which we stole Sanders, retained Welker (for that 3rd year and like 500k more a year) instead of Amendola, signed Goldson over Wilson and extended Spikes would have made me very happy. Same 3 top 3 picks with Spence and Jones over Harmon, Boyce and Beauharnais.

Buchanan, Blount, Kenbrell and Sudfield all are here as well of course.

I think we also should have traded the Vikes a 6th round pick for Adrian Peterson and the Texans a 7th rounder for J.J. Watt

The above is just as likely to happen as Goldson was going to play for the Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Boyce and Harmon were picked as needs b/c Bill wiffed on adding a legit veteran safety alongside McCourty and couldn't up the ante for Emmanual Sanders by all of 1 million. Sanders means no Boyce.

If we had signed Goldson, the safety Brady just said he most admired, who should have been signed when he was in for a visit 2 years ago (and all but guaranteed a SB win over the Giants) then we'd have not had to have Harmon.

I am still fine with the great value Pats got from Vikings for that #1 pick. Still a no-brainer unless Ogletree is an absolute superstar.

So Collins, Dobson and Ryan still could have all been the plays there. The Harmon pick goes to Pitt. I'd have liked to have seen Akeem Spence, the DT we just saw sack Brady, over Boyce. Then how about trading up 15 spots from our own 4th with a 7th and maybe a future 6th or 7th to take Barrett Jones and solidify the inside of the O-line?

An offseason in which we stole Sanders, retained Welker (for that 3rd year and like 500k more a year) instead of Amendola, signed Goldson over Wilson and extended Spikes would have made me very happy. Same 3 top 3 picks with Spence and Jones over Harmon, Boyce and Beauharnais.

Buchanan, Blount, Kenbrell and Sudfield all are here as well of course. 

Interesting; hardly realistic for a variety of reasons, but interesting nonetheless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

another troll thread. Everyone knows BB drafts with an eye to 2-3 years down the road (e.g. Shane Vereen) and not necessarily immediate help. Collins was drafted to get a year in the system before Spikes walks and Collins steps in for him (Hightower moves to the middle). Ryan was drafted as insurance in case Talib walks after this year or Dennard is locked up. Harmon brought in to upgrade the S position in the next year. Dobsona dn Boyce will contribute this year. And dont forget Buchanon (rd 7) who had a sack last night. Stop trying to twist facts to fit your troll agenda. Grab a napkin.....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

two words:Rasi Dowling

Two more expensive words...MARK SANCHEZ

Two more words butt fumble...hey I like this game!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to nyjetssucc's comment:

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

another troll thread. Everyone knows BB drafts with an eye to 2-3 years down the road (e.g. Shane Vereen) and not necessarily immediate help. Collins was drafted to get a year in the system before Spikes walks and Collins steps in for him (Hightower moves to the middle). Ryan was drafted as insurance in case Talib walks after this year or Dennard is locked up. Harmon brought in to upgrade the S position in the next year. Dobsona dn Boyce will contribute this year. And dont forget Buchanon (rd 7) who had a sack last night. Stop trying to twist facts to fit your troll agenda. Grab a napkin.....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

two words:Rasi Dowling

Two more expensive words...MARK SANCHEZ

Two more words butt fumble...hey I like this game!

Vernon Gholston (born June 5, 1986) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Ohio State and was drafted sixth overall by the New York Jets in the 2008 NFL Draft. In three seasons with the Jets, he started just five games, and never recorded a sack. He is considered to be a draft bust.

This Game  IS FUN!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I am mad because the pats are not 4-0 after three games

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

it shows that ALL the rooks are coming on

I am happy - its the way teams get better

Its still "Show Me" but everyone cool their jets on being negative

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

True.  All picks (except Boyce) are showing improvement week over week, but lets face it, there was lots of room for improvement.  I would rate this draft as "fair+" at this point.  

But whomever was the chief advocate of drafting T. Wilson at 48 in previous draft should be hung by the cubes in the main Gillette parking lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 4 up...

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

You have to include all of the rookies

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 5 is up and I must say it was a banner day for the Fab 5.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

True.  All picks (except Boyce) are showing improvement week over week, but lets face it, there was lots of room for improvement.  I would rate this draft as "fair+" at this point.  

But whomever was the chief advocate of drafting T. Wilson at 48 in previous draft should be hung by the cubes in the main Gillette parking lot.

Anyone rating a draft 4 games into a season might be considered a moron.

Better than when you called our receiver core "the best we've ever had - even better than 07", two months before the season started, when we rolled out there Ocho Cinco, Welker and Brandon Tate? That was pretty funny, but not as funny as watching you tell us all how Bill Belichick was going to use Adrian Wilson in our defensive alignments...now that was funny. Very funny moron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Weeks after cutting two recent 2nd round picks, here are the statuses of his "top" 5 2013 draft picks...

Week 1

Jamie Collins: 2 snap cameo, didn't make the stat sheet and was ineffective in his only pass rush attempt.

Duron Harmon: inactive

Aaron Dobson: inactive

Logan Ryan: 2 snap cameo, no stats

Josh Boyce: 14 snaps, targeted twice, both passes incomplete

Week 2

Jamie Collins: 4 snaps on defense

Duron Harmon: played 8 snaps one tackle - it was a significant tackle as it prevented a 1st down on a completed short pass.

Aaron Dobson: 10 targets, 3 catches, 1 rec TD (39 yards), 3 drops (PFF rec grade -2.9)

Logan Ryan: dressed but, no snaps on defense, didn't make the stat sheet

Josh Boyce: 2 snaps,  zero targets

Week 3

Jamie Collins: 18 snaps on defense - did a decent job on his 14 coverage snaps - had a stop in the run game (in 3 run snaps)

Duron Harmon: played 6 snaps on defense and didn't make the stat sheet - had a penalty on a punt return

Aaron Dobson: 10 targets, 7 catches, got open deep twice with Brady misfiring each time

Logan Ryan: was thrown at 4 times, allowing 2 catches for 23 yards, one was a 20 yarder, outside of that, he was solid in limited duty

Josh Boyce: 1 target, zero catches

Week 4

Bro, ypou forgot 

K. Thompkins3 41 2 20

for your week 3... That's pretty significant.  Brady also missed him for a deep ball...

"Top 5" I forgot nothing.

Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Kenbrell Thompkins was undrafted anyways so even if it was the entire draft class he is not a part of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

are we seeing contributions and improvement with the drafted and undrafted first year players?

Yes-Collins, Dobson, Thompkins, Buchanon, Ryan, Harmon, Devlin

No-Boyce, Beauharnis

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 6 is up.

Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Way to leave out Dobson's great blocking in the run game - regardless of one penalty, and forgetting that he caused a PI flag in the end zone to make it 1st and goal on the one.  Just posting negative if you ask me Pete.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Week 6 is up.

Smile

yes it is and they are 5-1. Not to shabby for a bunch of rookies and UDFA's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Kenbrell Thompkins was undrafted anyways so even if it was the entire draft class he is not a part of it.

YES HE IS

He was signed and was in camp. He is part of it.   It's not like they randomly signed him, blind and drunk at random.

It'd be no different if BB didn't draft Brady in the 6th rd, still liked Brady, and brought him in for an extended camp tryout, making the team.

There are many different reasons why a player might go undrafted. Johnny Unitas was passed over by the Steelers.

You're just jealous because your team sucks at drafting and developing, Bustchise.

LMAO

Give it up already, Mr. Jealous.

+1  Exactly my thoughts.  

If there was a round 8, maybe some players like Thompkins get drafted afterall.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

So far, the genius is looking pretty stupid.

5-1, so far...if that looks stupid then I hope the genius continues looking stupid for the rest of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 7 is up.

Sections
Shortcuts