Belichick's 2013 Draft Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Belichick's 2013 Draft Watch

The idiotic Harmon pick should be Emmanual Sanders if not for our cheap front office refusing to go an extra 750k

Boyce could then have been DT Akeem Spence, someone I liked a lot back at the draft, or maybe used to trade up.

But, WR would have been a need regardless of Sanders or not. I would have been fine with any of Dobson, Terrence Williams or Keenan Allen at the end of rd 2. They took the 'smartest' guy which is a BIG deal here, slight reach maybe, could have dropped 10 picks, added a 5th and still picked between one of those 3 guys I bet.

Collins... 'meh' time will tell. I am not pumped yet, would still have preferred Larry Warford or Sio Moore but we shall see. I wonder if Alonso was there if he would have been the guy?

Ryan is obviously working out well and was drafted right where he should have been so all is good there.

Can't really attack this draft without remembering the WR, P and two DT's that BB plucked from the undrafted list. While Buchanan, despite being exposed on the edge, is a steal of a situational rusher in rd 7.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Can't help but wonder how this team would look with a couple of simple moves this offseason I think most fans would have rejoiced at. This isn't 'Welker over Amendola!' hysteria, it is simple positional swaps at similar cash.

1. Desmond Bryant over Tommy Kelly at DT.

Sure Bryant got 5/34 and Kelly 2/5, but the 2013 money is just about even. Bill was on the right track going for Red Bryant (5/35) the year before. Two Bryants, two misses, when will he get that  does cost LONG-TERM MONEY to get impact 27 year olds but they are MUCH BETTER options than brittle 32 year olds?

2. Ditto with Bernard Pollard, same 4-5-6 year age difference with Adrian Wilson as Kelly and the Bryants, while signed for pretty much the same amount of cash. To have his presence back there right now next to DMC would be monumental. Gregory restructured and made a backup.

3. The extra 750k to ensure we get Emmanual Sanders. Idiotic this wasn't done.

4. Daryl Smith, classy veteran, to backup all 3 LB'er spots. He went for 1.25 to Baltimore. 2 yrs 3 mil gets him here. You get guys like this (Roman Phifer/Seau) to backup multiple spots with younger guys at them. If any LBer goes down (Mayo obv did) you have a veteran presence to help fill the void.

All those free agent decisions would have been no-brainers to me over Wilson, Kelly and NOBODY. Then Collins, Harmon and Boyce are not needed (one pick is gone to Pitt) and instead BB could draft O and D lineman, positions he has success in drafting, so Larry Warford in rd 2 and Akeem Spence in rd 4. Still taking Dobson and Ryan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't help but wonder how this team would look with a couple of simple moves this offseason I think most fans would have rejoiced at. This isn't 'Welker over Amendola!' hysteria, it is simple positional swaps at similar cash.

1. Desmond Bryant over Tommy Kelly at DT.

Sure Bryant got 5/34 and Kelly 2/5, but the 2013 money is just about even. Bill was on the right track going for Red Bryant (5/35) the year before. Two Bryants, two misses, when will he get that  does cost LONG-TERM MONEY to get impact 27 year olds but they are MUCH BETTER options than brittle 32 year olds?

2. Ditto with Bernard Pollard, same 4-5-6 year age difference with Adrian Wilson as Kelly and the Bryants, while signed for pretty much the same amount of cash. To have his presence back there right now next to DMC would be monumental. Gregory restructured and made a backup.

3. The extra 750k to ensure we get Emmanual Sanders. Idiotic this wasn't done.

4. Daryl Smith, classy veteran, to backup all 3 LB'er spots. He went for 1.25 to Baltimore. 2 yrs 3 mil gets him here. You get guys like this (Roman Phifer/Seau) to backup multiple spots with younger guys at them. If any LBer goes down (Mayo obv did) you have a veteran presence to help fill the void.

All those free agent decisions would have been no-brainers to me over Wilson, Kelly and NOBODY. Then Collins, Harmon and Boyce are not needed (one pick is gone to Pitt) and instead BB could draft O and D lineman, positions he has success in drafting, so Larry Warford in rd 2 and Akeem Spence in rd 4. Still taking Dobson and Ryan.

[/QUOTE]

What?

Tommy Kelly has been outstanding so far this year. You're a tool. I was forced to throttle you in a recent cap based thread when you suggested we trade for Barry Cofield.  Go look at his contract, dummy.

Tommy Kelly was a GREAT signing. This is literally the first time in his career he's ever missed extended time. Rest him up for the second half and postseason.

Can't help but wonder if people like you who are Armchair GM morons, would have gone to college, to save this board from complete stupidity.

[/QUOTE]

A old player that very well may miss the rest of the season off a non contact knee injury is not a "great signing"...are you really this delusional? The guy played in 4 games, that is NOT great. That is a old guy that should of been coming in off the bench on a rotation, but instead was being leaned on heavily because our other old defensive lineman went down. We needed talent in their prime...we dropped the ball again. Better luck next year...or the year after...or after that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The D played great with 6 sacks, 2FFs and 2 ints and this is what you're talking about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A old player that very well may miss the rest of the season off a non contact knee injury is not a "great signing"...are you really this delusional? The guy played in 4 games, that is NOT great. That is a old guy that should of been coming in off the bench on a rotation, but instead was being leaned on heavily because our other old defensive lineman went down. We needed talent in their prime...we dropped the ball again. Better luck next year...or the year after...or after that one.

BOOM!

Exactly.

Red Bryant or Desmond Bryant were the signings this team needed the past 2 offseasons

Not Fanene and Kelly

You get what you deserve when you cheap out by 1-2 years or 1-2 million a year and get 30+ guys, injuries waiting to happen guys or mediocre guys over 26-27 year olds who will anchor a line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Explain why Red Bryant wants to leave a contending team and a defense he is familiar with Seattle?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The D did play a great second half missing it's 3 best players... but is it Super Bowl quality? Can we beat Denver with rookie DT's and no cover LBers.

Sorry Rusty Ballbanger, but while I may not have quite the endless stats and cap # knowledge you have memorized in your sad life of posting hundreds of times a day from mom's basement, I dfo have two Master's degrees and know that this team could try and fit certain players in here if other teams made them available. 

Cofield is making 840k in base this year, I don't know how much of his 3.1m bonus the Pats would be on the hook for, but I'd think if Washington and NE were intent on making a deal it could happen.

Smith was in the same signing category as Adrian Wilson, but Adrian was brought into a position we needed a STARTER, get a guy like Smith to backup a bunch of LB's in their 20's and a 28 year old like Pollard to START at FS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Explain why Red Bryant wants to leave a contending team and a defense he is familiar with Seattle?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was happy and established in Seattle and 5/35 is a lot of money as well. But the Pats were coming off a near-miss Super Bowl in '11 and the Seahawks off a 7-9 season. So your argument is completely invalid.

And there is no way to explain why if we offered Desmond Bryant THIS offseason the same deal Cleveland did he would choose the Browns over the Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He won't answer that. ALso, Bryant said he wanted to be close to home/family and not move.

The better question for a moron like him is to ask him why he didn't go to college.

[/QUOTE]

Your an absolute moron. I have 3 degrees, 2 MA's and you type hundreds of times a day from Mom's basement while the Globe bans you over and over.

Humerous, for sure, but sad to be despised by so many and the clown of this board.

Nobody is blaming Bryant for wanting to stay there for family reasons. Saying Seattle off a 7-9 season is a better careern destination than New England off a close SB loss is idiotic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The D did play a great second half missing it's 3 best players... but is it Super Bowl quality? Can we beat Denver with rookie DT's and no cover LBers.

Sorry Rusty Ballbanger, but while I may not have quite the endless stats and cap # knowledge you have memorized in your sad life of posting hundreds of times a day from mom's basement, I dfo have two Master's degrees and know that this team could try and fit certain players in here if other teams made them available. 

Cofield is making 840k in base this year, I don't know how much of his 3.1m bonus the Pats would be on the hook for, but I'd think if Washington and NE were intent on making a deal it could happen.

Smith was in the same signing category as Adrian Wilson, but Adrian was brought into a position we needed a STARTER, get a guy like Smith to backup a bunch of LB's in their 20's and a 28 year old like Pollard to START at FS.

[/QUOTE]

There is no way you have master's degrees if you are telling BB to take on Cofield's contract with a flat cap into next year.

Born at night, not last night, moron.

I likely make more money in a year than you do. If I were to do business with you, I could smell your stupidity from a mile away.

Every post you make about player this and player that, you forget to show your intelligence that you supposedly have and check the market along with the player's salary you wanted in here.

Bludgeoned.

Master's degrees don't mean jack squat. Experience counts for more.

[/QUOTE]

Ha, what a pathetic loser you continue to prove to be. Such a lonely sad human being.

Those who know me over 7 years of posting (Under the SAME NAME go figure, I don't get banned for being confrontationa, arrogant trash) know that I am a teacher and care little for money. Those who teach care about educating kids.

Now go back to Mom's basement, count your 'cash' (haha yeah right) and continue to be brainwashed by Belichick. I hardly think Brady has been a superstar recently and put much of the 2 SB losses on him. I also think Bill is an amazing coach.

But anyone who thinks his drafts and free agent moves have been incredible, well, they are morons. Plain and simple. Bill has squandered Brady's prime and contributed more to the SB losses than Brady by blowing 70% of his top 100 picks since '06 and refusing to go the slightly more expensive route on multiple free agents prior to contending seasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 8 is up.

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 9 is up.

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Based on what I see, there are at least 2 potential keepers in this draft class in Ryan and Dobson.  It's still early though, and do we really need a wek-by-week tracker in their rookie seasons?! Collins?  Jury still out - needs more time.  Harmon?  I've seen flashes.  Boyce?  He gets another year.  Buchanon may have a future role as a pass rusher or more - he made the roster as a 7th rounder.  Beauharnais is still on the roster.  They have a rookie punter too.  

Overall, there looks to be some promise.  OP - I can't understand if you're congratulating yourself for calling out what you think is a bad draft class.  It's just too early to say definitively and from what I remember you weren't too high on Ryan.  I think you're underestimating how well he's looked on occasion.  He is by no means a finished product but he looks promising.  Dobson too.  Are you expecting every pick to be a "hit"?  

Me, I'm just glad it looks like BB found a players at WR and CB - two drafting weak spots.      

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 11 is up.

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 12 is up!

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not worth a reply. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 13 is up!

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Week 14 is up!

Innocent

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Week 14 is up!

Innocent

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! Where are those cigars you promised me, CubanPete??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i want Oline  and D tackles maybe an lb next year

if Talib goes another cb

i am fine with the talent on the rest of the team

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cuban Pete exposed. The most impressive rookie class anywhere in the league is here. It's a big reason, with all the injuries, the club is 10-3.

Ouch!

LMAO!

[/QUOTE]

I mean lets forget about all the other players and coaches who contributed to that record...their contribution was minimal at best.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts