Belichick's eventual replacement, it was so obvious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Belichick's eventual replacement, it was so obvious

He's almost 60, he can't coach this team forever. I DO, however, beleie he will be in a role similar to Aurbach with the Cs, he'll limit himself to being president/GM when he's too old to coach, then just be an omnipresent advisor until the clock stops ticking some 30+ years from now (hopefully).

I know many of up watched Part 1 of A Football Life, and his successor was staring us in the face many, many times:

I'm just unsure if it's going to be Brian or Stephen. I forget who was the one spending so much time at Dad's side, soaking up all the football genius he can.

Just to be safe, it behooves Kraft to sign each to an affordable, 40 year contract RIGHT NOW. I mean, if a dummy like Buddy Ryan can produce Rex and Rob, imagine what Brain and Stephen could turn into!

I suddenly realized it's not just about ten more years of Belichickian reign in NE, I SHOULD ride out my lifetime watching nobody other than a Belichick coach this team!

Polian is working with his rules committee right now to get a rule in place mandating that no offspring may accept the same role as their father without at least a 5 year "parity period" where the team would understandably take a step back, before regaining it's dominance under the 3rd generation of Belichicks (Bill's father laid the groundwork).

Then, in about 20 years, Tom/Gisele's offspring will be ready to take over the football world, and hearts of every woman aged 16-106.

On retrospect, all this only cost Kraft a few draft picks back in 2000? Whasn't Shaun Ellis one of those picks? One of the most lopsided traded in NFL history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

Re: Belichick's eventual replacement, it was so obvious

Moral of this story: Don't do drugs, kids.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I like it. You may be on to something here. LOL. Just like that soccer team that signed the 7 year old phenom.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You had me thinking until you got to the part about the Ryans. That made me think again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

When you bring up replacement, I'm thinking Nick Saban. I don't see BB's offspring taking over as HC of the Patriots, and I hope Kraft doesn't beleieve in nepotism.

His kids will have to work their way up the way BB and Purcell did. There's no silver spoon on the football field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the Belichick kids don't seem to have the actual playing experience that Bill did, although I do see Bill graduating into an Auerbach-type role

Bold prediction: ROB RYAN

He was an amazing linebackers coach and he's a great defensive mind

Other candidates:
    Josh McDaniels
    Nick Saban
    Romeo Crennel
    Charlie Weis

Other outlandish thought: Bill Cowher

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick's eventual replacement, it was so obvious:
    the Belichick kids don't seem to have the actual playing experience that Bill did, although I do see Bill graduating into an Auerbach-type role Bold prediction: ROB RYAN He was an amazing linebackers coach and he's a great defensive mind Other candidates: Josh McDaniels Nick Saban Romeo Crennel Charlie Weis Other outlandish thought: Bill Cowher
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I'd take Cowher before McDaniels, Crennel and Weis.

If BB does become an Auerbach type, I hope he goes out of the organization for a replacement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Bill is a firm believer in making your way up in this business.  He likes people that have been assistants and coaches in numerous positions in order to gain a better overall knowledge of the game.  No way does he just hand the keys to the castle to one of his kids even if he had such power.  He's grooming them to be sure, but they have a looooooooooong way to go. 

Sections
Shortcuts