***Belichick's Eventual Successor***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***Belichick's Eventual Successor***

I'd expect him to hang things up from a HC perspective (maybe retain the title of GM and/or Team Pres)  right around the time that TB hangs them up or moves on... this may not be the case, but it certainly makes sense... with that said, it's always fun to debate who his eventual successor might be.

I think Kraft goes with someone at the recommendation of BB, someone that he respects... a hardworking self starter with HC experience, more of a no nonsense type whos main focus is to build a consistent winner (did it at Rutgers and early returns look positive in TB) and at this point I'd expect that someone to be Greg Schiano.

Now a lot could change between now and then, but if he continues on his current path of rebuilding the Bucs, and developing them back into a consistent winner, I think he'd at the very least be at or near the top of Kraft's list.

Who you got?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: ***Belichick's Eventual Successor***

I could see Schiano, or maybe Saban will get tired of 'Bama and will want to give the NFL a shot again.  Saban has the benefit of having done it once and if BB stayed on as a Pres/GM role you know he wants someone from his coaching tree who shares the same philosophy.  But if Saban leaves maybe he wants full control. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'd expect him to hang things up from a HC perspective (maybe retain the title of GM and/or Team Pres)  right around the time that TB hangs them up or moves on... this may not be the case, but it certainly makes sense... with that said, it's always fun to debate who his eventual successor might be.

I think Kraft goes with someone at the recommendation of BB, someone that he respects... a hardworking self starter with HC experience, more of a no nonsense type whos main focus is to build a consistent winner (did it at Rutgers and early returns look positive in TB) and at this point I'd expect that someone to be Greg Schiano.

Now a lot could change between now and then, but if he continues on his current path of rebuilding the Bucs, and developing them back into a consistent winner, I think he'd at the very least be at or near the top of Kraft's list.

Who you got?

I was gonna make a joke and name someone else and any other time I would say, Why him, seeing as he has a bunch of relationships with people who would fit the bill but the recent thing with Tampa coming here and learning all this stuff from him almost SUGGESTS that he is THAT guy. I mean they are on the schedule on all. Why else would he do it? Just help him with Tampa?? Nooo, he is grooming Schiano to take over N.E. after his cleveland like demise in Tampa...lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I think BB hangs around for 2 more years (including this year).

I think Saban will be thought too old to consider at that point.   

IMO Kraft will try to repeat history by looking for a coach who was fired from a previous HC job (like BB)  and has something to prove.  That could include a currect HC who gets fired this year and takes a year off.  I think the guy will be late 40's to early 50's.  And I think the one thing that Kraft wants that he doesn't have with BB is a little more charisma from his coach.  It has to be someone that he feels players will respect.

All that could mean a guy that is already on the staff: JM.  I think Kraft will feel he is too young and will be scared away by his public spats with players in Denver.

I think Schiano will be considered untested at the NFL level and too reserved for Kraft's liking.

So, if I had to pick a name right now, given the future uncertainty I would say they make a hard push for Jon Gruden.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'd think McDaniels would be somewhere high in the running. 

blog post photo

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If it's in the next 5 years I can see McDanials or Schiano if it's longer anyone else get the odd feeling he's training his son, Steve?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

If it's in the next 5 years I can see McDanials or Schiano if it's longer anyone else get the odd feeling he's training his son, Steve?

Yeah, Steve could be a dark horse.

But I'd add Chip Kelly out of house. 

To be frank, I don't expect a clean cut and run retirement, which is why I assume he stays in house. My gut feeling is that BB will take a reduced role, perhaps as GM/consultant, like a hybrid of what Pioli and Ernie Adams once did, and someone from his group of guys takes over the day to day. 

Also, I don't see BB retiring in the next ten years. I just don't.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

To be frank, I don't expect a clean cut and run retirement, which is why I assume he stays in house. My gut feeling is that BB will take a reduced role, perhaps as GM/consultant, like a hybrid of what Pioli and Ernie Adams once did, and someone from his group of guys takes over the day to day. 

I hope you're right!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

If he lasts 10 years then Steve becomes a serious contender for the job. That gives him what 20 years in the system, 10 years coaching in the system? It already looks like he's getting his hands wet with talent evaluation and gets along with the Krafts. Now that would be one heck of a football family. 2 decades of Bob and Bill then they both retire and go fishing with Steve and Jon taking over for the next couple decades

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Agreed with ZB. Belichick isn't going anywhere for awhile.

Let's go Pats!

Sections
Shortcuts