1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Belichick's Job Titles In NE

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to Frank158's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to Frank158's comment:

What is the point of this thread? Seems like it's just a way to argue with other Patriot fans. Why?

Because he's a moron.   What is the point of a Pats fan wildly cheering on the idea their HOF coach and GM has different rules applied to him so obviously?

It's beyond bizarre that the Brady Ballwashers love Brady as much as they do and literally hate BB as much as they do. It's sick.

Brady WOULD NOT BE HERE without BB drafting him! 

well to be fair its not like BB was salivating over brady. he got very lucky that brady turned out so great considering he was a 6th round pick. BB is a great coach, but i do think he lucked out on brady.

Of course they had no idea he'd be that good, but BB sent Grier into Lousiana to work out Rattay and to Ann Arbor to work out Brady. So, it's clear he was targeted. BB explained this in the Brady 6, too. 

That's a fact.    BB was hired in early 2000 and also was the GM since then. It's not like he was asleep during the draft with others making decisions for him.

This theory or premise that somehow magically, BB left the Jets at the altar to have a mirage here as a GM is a joke.  Enough of it already.

I don't recall Belichick having any GMing experience prior to NE.  No owner is going to hire a guy and give him the keys without some time working with an experienced group of management personnel around him.

You're a troll. 3 or 4 posts, so aggressive and vocal out of the gate?  Who are you?

You're also flat out WRONG.  Kraft KNEW he had his GM of the future after speaking with BB.

Did you watch Cleveland '95 A Football Life or have you read any of the Pats based books (Management Secrets of the Pats: Vol 1 or 2, Education of a Coach, Patriot Reign)?

Just who do you think is architect of how to build a team in the cap era?

The new guy is right and you are wrong.  BB is not now nor has he ever been titled GM.. EVER!    HE may wear the GM hat but he is not titled as the GM.  That is what matters, plain and simple.

BB won coach of the year for being the head coach.

Pioli won Executive of the year because he is the highest ranking Executive. (front office)

You can argue this until your teeth fall out and you'd still be wrong.

List the years BB won the award.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

According to some people (Rusty) Bill Belichick doesn't even coach the team. He has no say in what the offense does and allowed Brady and O'Brien to run free with their own egos and agendas, ruining this team with the shotgun spread!! They ruined it and Belichick doesn't have a say in the matter. In fact Belichick secretly had nothing to do with letting Ben Jarvus Green Ellis rot on the sidelines while our spoiled QB tossed the football all over the damn place! And because Belichick doesn't make personell decisions Benny walked right over to the Bengals! The horror!! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I just posted you his official job title. He is listed as GM.

You lying can't change that. 

Yes, crusty, the OFFICIAL Patriots web-sight is wrong and wiki is right. 

So if wiki is right why was PIOLI given the award?  DOPE!

BB has never OFFICIALLY been listed as the Patriots GM.  FACT!

Caserio was not given the award in 2010 because the voters felt PIOLI did a better job in KC as he did turn around a 2-14 team to a 10-6 team.  PERIOD!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd rely on the Patriots official website and not on Wikipedia.  I checked the Patriots website.  Based on that, Pezz is right.  BB's title is Head Coach and he's listed under the "coaches" section of the website.  There is a separate section for "front office" people.  Belichick is not in that section for "front office" personnel, though Casario is (his title is Director of Player Personnel).  There is no General Manager listed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The new guy is right and you are wrong. BB is not now nor has he ever been titled GM.. EVER! HE may wear the GM hat but he is not titled as the GM. That is what matters, plain and simple.

BB won coach of the year for being the head coach.

Pioli won Executive of the year because he is the highest ranking Executive. (front office)

You can argue this until your teeth fall out and you'd still be wrong.

List the years BB won the award.

As far as I know ^^^^THIS is correct. Plain and simple - yet not so simple for some evidently.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

I just posted you his official job title. He is listed as GM.

You lying can't change that. 

Yes, crusty, the OFFICIAL Patriots web-sight is wrong and wiki is right. 

So if wiki is right why was PIOLI given the award?  DOPE!

BB has never OFFICIALLY been listed as the Patriots GM.  FACT!

Caserio was not given the award in 2010 because the voters felt PIOLI did a better job in KC as he did turn around a 2-14 team to a 10-6 team.  PERIOD!

"officially"

LOL

So, you're on record as saying that BB is not the GM due to how they list his "title" in NE and Caserio shouldn't have gotten it simply because KC went 10-6?

Aren;t you just proving my point for me?  NE was neglected because of the anti-BB bias, which is WHY I stated to AGCSBIll in that thread that trhere is a built in bias against Brady for MVPs, but worse for BB/Caserio here as GM.

Here is what BB/Caserio/Reese did in 2010:

An incredible draft, lockiing down HUGE contracts with Brady, Wilfork, Mankins and Mayo into a lockout, dealing Maroney and Moss, starting 4 rookies on D and going 14-2.

You're telling me Pioli's 2010 was better? Again, I asked you WHY, in your opinion, is it better.  Make your case.

You've done nothing but run and hide from making your case after mouthing off, challenging my point.

Gutless.

Uh oh, it's Sunday and it looks like our village idiot is headed for another mental meltdown...spinning, blamming the media bias...next the refs will be involved..then Goddell...then Brady..perhaps Giesele. 

THE HORROR!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

This very silly argument is very much like the one about if Belichick has been the defensive coordinator while there has been none officially listed.  Shouldn't we fight about that too?  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

But, see that's why his point is dumb, too. We know he's essentially the Def Coordinator, but he defers much of the administration of that role to Patricia.

It doesn't matter what the titles are and how they're listed.  

He still didn't answer why Caserio's name isn't on the "Executive of the Year" award for 2010.

Keep in mind, Pezzy STARTED this fight because he's still trying regain footing from other beatings he's taken from me, which is why he and his buddies continue to ruin this board.

It's literally 5-10 people who ruin this board instead of just saying "I see your point" and moving on.

Yes, I did answer it several times but apparently you are as blind as stupid.  Not a good combination by the way.

The Head coaches vote for the Executive award and they apparently thought PIOLI with the CHIEFs did a better job than BB with his 25th ranked DEFENSE.

You would have to consult them for there explanation but that is my opinion as I am not part of the voting.

Here is the current list of qualifiers.

John Schneider - Seattle 6 16.67% Ryan Grigson - Indianapolis 10 27.78% John Elway - Denver 12 33.33% Ted Thompson - Green Bay 1 2.78% Bruce Allen - Washington 4 11.11% Howie Roseman - Philadelphia 0 0% Thomas Dimitroff - Atlanta

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

But, see that's why his point is dumb, too. We know he's essentially the Def Coordinator, but he defers much of the administration of that role to Patricia.

He still didn't answer why Caserio's name isn't on the "Executive of the Year" award for 2010.

Keep in mind, Pezzy STARTED this fight because he's still trying regain footing from other beatings he's taken from me, which is why he and his buddies continue to ruin this board.

It's literally 5-10 people who ruin this board instead of just saying "I see your point" and moving on.

Rock, no one has ever taken a beating from you. You are way to obtuse to ever give anyone a beating. Though I do usually agree with your premises.

Pezz is right, there is no GM of the Pats. Not even BB is the GM. The Pats are a triumvirate at the top with three people taking on some of the roles normally handled by a classic GM.

And if you didn't know it, I could go into Wikipedia and change BB's job to be Football Deity. Wikipedia is not necessarily the truth because of this.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Yes, I did answer it several times but apparently you are as blind as stupid.  Not a good combination by the way.

The Head coaches vote for the Executive award and they apparently thought PIOLI with the CHIEFs did a better job than BB with his 25th ranked DEFENSE.

You would have to consult them for there explanation but that is my opinion as I am not part of the voting.

Here is the current list of qualifiers.

John Schneider - Seattle 6 16.67% Ryan Grigson - Indianapolis 10 27.78% John Elway - Denver 12 33.33% Ted Thompson - Green Bay 1 2.78% Bruce Allen - Washington 4 11.11% Howie Roseman - Philadelphia 0 0% Thomas Dimitroff - Atlanta

BB started 4 rookies on the "25th ranked" defense.   Also, GB's D wasn't ranked high in 2007 when Ted Thompson won the award. Quite frankly, a D that starts 4 rookies out of a transition season the year before, leading the league in turnovers created is damn impressive.

Try again.

I want YOU, to back up your premise, which attacked mine. Mine was, BB and the Pats are held to a different standard in these situations.

You're actually proving my point for me, more and more, as you dig yourself a deeper hole.

Just how great of a job as Pioli done in KC since 2010, by the way?  Hmm.

Looks like my point about a bias is right.  lmao

PS THese same head coaches you refer too are also the ones who used 2003 AFC Title game film to make a case that NE wasn't abidin by the 1978 Chuck Rule.  Get it?

There is an anti-BB bias in this league. Jealousy.

Nobody is proving your point and the silent posters are not silent because they agree with you. DOH!

It doesn't matter the # of rookies he started, it matters that they stunk.  Now if those rookies made a differense in the standings of the D, you would have a point but they didn't and you don't.  In fact the D was rated much higher in 2009, without those rookies.  No one says the D has to be topped ranked but when you go from 9th to 25th, that is not good and not worthy of an award.

By the way, Caserio is considered by his peers and the media to be one "that get's it".

When he/they do something worthy of the award, (mainly something other than a bottom ranked defense, to compliment their top ranked offense)  they will get it.  Just as pioli did.

So it's a significant drop off compared to PIOLI's changing his 2-14 team to a 10-6 team in a season.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts