Belichick's letter to Pat Tillman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Belichick's letter to Pat Tillman

This is a curveball considering everyone's talking about yesterday's game but I thought this was very interesting. Further evidence that Belichick is grossly misunderstood by the fans and media alike.

This is an excerpt from Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback:

In the last conversation Tillman had with Bauer, he told his agent, "You won't believe the letter I got from Bill Belichick.'' In the letter, Belichick praised him for his courage, his leadership, his willingness to set an example for people in this materialistic society, and he said it was an honor to be in the same league he'd been in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Belichick's letter to Pat Tillman

Also:

"In the letter,'' Bauer told me, "Belichick said, 'If you ever need a job when you get out of the Army, give me a call.' ''

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

That is awesome!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

that is a really great story.  too bad it'll be selectively ignored by most people who are only concerned about the "evil" side of BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

bill belicheck is the man no doubt about it, he definitly is misunderstood by every body outside of NE, bill has a big heart as shows here..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Belichick's letter to Pat Tillman:
    that is a really great story.  too bad it'll be selectively ignored by most people who are only concerned about the "evil" side of BB.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

Like me, are you waiting for the first poster to refer to you know what and diss BB?  Small minds stay small!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

AGCS, I'm waiting on that post myself. There are ignorant people out there who will selectively choose to overlook these small things and just bring up...you know what.

This is also a testament to Belichick's stringent media policy. Outsiders, and even our own fans at times, criticize him for being so guarded with the media. Well, this was easily something that could have been all over ESPN when it happened but we're just now hearing about it. On the flip side, Tony Romo took a homeless guy to a movie and that was all over the national media. He helped a couple change their flat tire and that was all over the media as well. Not to take anything away from what he did but there were two clearly different approaches on how the media grabbed a hold of it.

The man is great off the field and if you're dumb enough to question his intelligence on the field, you're also being proved wrong because of how the team's shaping up, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I don't really believe apdynasty23's post needs to be expounded upon -- it pretty much says everything I wanted to say. Television needs heroes and villains, and in the minds of the power brokers at TMZSPN (thank you, Laurie), Belichick is a villain.

That's okay.

Hot lights and repetitive bullsh*t can't change what's true.

Belichick is an outstanding leader of men.

That's it.

There isn't any more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Posted by Mike-J-D

No, they'll say he was tampering and that Goodell should take a draft pick away from him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Also: "In the letter,'' Bauer told me, "Belichick said, 'If you ever need a job when you get out of the Army, give me a call.' ''
    Posted by apdynasty23

~Tillman was one of those few persons that has lived who had some kind of internal fire, one that burned hotter than 99.9% of the mass of mankind...  I've always respected his play, and trully wished he was a Patriot...turns out, he was a Patriot.  In regards to Belichick, whomever said that this black and white World run by mass media (read-Editors Sully Patriot Nation)-need people to villify said it all, and better than I can...  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

An excellent article on (gasp!) ESPN by Elizabeth Merrill:

This Patriots News video doesn't do him any justice as a potential comedian, but it covers his appearance on Letterman at 3:14:
    *Tried searching, couldn't find the full Letterman appearance (Wednesday, February 4, 2004)... this is the page on the CBS website for that episode, if you can get it to open correctly: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/wahoo/index/php/20040204.phtml

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Bill B. is class act. He keeps his business to himself, never badmouths individual opponents,teams, or reporters unlike Loudmouth Ryan. His players follow his lead. America needs many more like him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Both BB and Tilman are democrats (small "d") in that star-dom only gets in the way of their way to success.  But Tillman was also a whistle-blower (his criticism of the Afghan war) and for that he paid with his life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

hey, i do good too... i will be checking my mail for bill's letter! should be here any day now.

Sections
Shortcuts