Ben Hartsock Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Ben Hartsock Released

I guess he's wasn't the answer either. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766230/patriots-release-te-ben-hartsock#comments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Ben Hartsock Released

did anyone think he really had a chance?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Guy is a fossil.  Not surprised.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How do you get released THAT quick? I guess its better to play TE carousel now than the 1st week of september like we saw w/DT spot last year. We dont even have a A.A. type at the TE to tease us in that regard.....

All in all, its not that big cuz its the 3rd TE but does anyone know whats wrong w/Hooman and doesnt he seem to be in the tub A LOT for a guy who is hardly on the field? I dont really care about the 3rd TE but Im concerned our 2nd one is a ??  I dont know why we ever got rid of Fells. He seemed decent. I would take Kyle Brady right now....

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A few weeks away and still scrambling for a legit TE,  unacceptable. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Guys, any TE signed the rest of the season not named Finley or Keller will likely be gone within the week haha. TE will be a revolving door. gronk and hooman will be the depth with a little splash of Devlin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Damn, I had him penciled in for 50 catches and 8 TDs..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No excuses this year about the TE position. We know Gronk's history regarding injury and we know Hooman's ability, if TE is an issue this year no excuses why they didn't take care of it this offseason. We had the resources to add a decent TE, NOT AN ALL-PRO, and they didn't go that course so this is one position we need to keep an eye on moving forward.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Damn, I had him penciled in for 50 catches and 8 TDs..

With our luck he may put up those #'s with the Jets after they scoop him up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

No excuses this year about the TE position. We know Gronk's history regarding injury and we know Hooman's ability, if TE is an issue this year no excuses why they didn't take care of it this offseason. We had the resources to add a decent TE, NOT AN ALL-PRO, and they didn't go that course so this is one position we need to keep an eye on moving forward.

maybe Shiancoe is still available? (sarcasm)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Starting to look like the plan is to muck through week one, and then perhaps bring in Keller when the vet contracts aren't guaranteed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm certain BB is totally oblivious to the situation *sarcasm*

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

hooman will be the depth with a little splash of Devlin

That's exactly what I am afraid of.  I will bu up at nights worrying about this all season long. LOL!

What are we at now... 7 TE's in less then a week?  That has to be some kind of record.  I heard Russ Francis is salivating, and dusting off the ol cleats waiting for BB's phone call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'm certain BB is totally oblivious to the situation *sarcasm*

I know you are being sarcastic, but lets face it. There have been what now, 11 TE's thru here during the past 6 weeks? and they gave what, another 6 TE's physicals during FA period? I think we can take away that BB wants to upgrade depth, but he is simply not finding any of the players talent to his liking.

Honestly, I am not that concerned. Gronk, Hooman and anyone else can get the job done. If Gronk goes down, I like Hooman and 4 wide as another option. If this OL performs, TB will make due, as usual

Thanks TB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

hooman will be the depth with a little splash of Devlin

That's exactly what I am afraid of.  I will bu up at nights worrying about this all season long. LOL!

What are we at now... 7 TE's in less then a week?  That has to be some kind of record.  I heard Russ Francis is salivating, and dusting off the ol cleats waiting for BB's phone call.

Sweet mother of pearl, TFB12!!!!!  You're sweating bullets over a 3rd tight end?  If that's the principal concern that you have over the Pats offense then we, if I may say so, are phat!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't know how we'll be able to win another super bowl without a great TE. It's not like we can just throw in an olb or tackle to catch tds and block. We need to invest in this position.  More then the 100 million we already have.

I say trade for Jimmy Graham.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine we will see this happen every week until they can find someone that isn't totally terrible, they have cut, what? Five? Tight ends in a week - there will be many many more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I imagine we will see this happen every week until they can find someone that isn't totally terrible, they have cut, what? Five? Tight ends in a week - there will be many many more.

To be serious about the subject for a moment, I'd much prefer that they do exactly that and come up with someone serviceable. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Sweet mother of pearl, TFB12!!!!!  You're sweating bullets over a 3rd tight end?  If that's the principal concern that you have over the Pats offense then we, if I may say so, are phat!!

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think TFB is sweating over the fact that our #1 TE we can't count on to last an entire season and Hooman's nice but if you are starting him you are in trouble. What many wanted is something in between, not a #3 Mulligan. Someone for if/when Gronk goes down instead of going from 8-10 recs and great blocking you don't go immediately to less than 1 rec a game and average to good blocking. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Except for 2010-2012, this is the best TE situation we've had since BB has been the coach. Yes I know Gronk is injury prone but he's the best in the game at his position. I'm sure BB tried to upgrade in the off season but you can't always get what you want. Maybe he thought Fiedorowicz would be there at the end of the 3rd round. Maybe he even tried to trade up for Niklas or thought he'd be there at 62, when he went 10 picks earlier. We'll never know for sure. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Patriots had a unique situation with two top TE talents on the team at the same time.  Basically every other team with a top TE doesn't have anything special behind them either.  Just because we have Gronk we already have a top TE situation in the NFL.  Would it be nice to have more talent?  Sure, but it's not worth losing sleep over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I don't know how we'll be able to win another super bowl without a great TE. It's not like we can just throw in an olb or tackle to catch tds and block. We need to invest in this position.  More then the 100 million we already have.

I say trade for Jimmy Graham.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, that's funny but the sad thing is JAG's aren't going to win this team anymore SB's.  Things have changed since the Pats last won a SB and now the JAG approach is taking form in other positions like WR, RB and TE.  Sure, these guys are good enough to win a bunch of games in the regular season, Hell they have 6 games vs Bills, Jets, Dolphins every season, but one a guy goes down at a couple key positions and it gets to be playoff time.. well, JAGS aren't going to win a SB.

BTW, anyone know when Ahern hits parole or work release?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The Patriots had a unique situation with two top TE talents on the team at the same time.  Basically every other team with a top TE doesn't have anything special behind them either.  Just because we have Gronk we already have a top TE situation in the NFL.  Would it be nice to have more talent?  Sure, but it's not worth losing sleep over.

[object HTMLDivElement]

And how many of those top TE's miss large chunks of playing time and are typically hurt during the playoffs? You are right we are in that unique position, one which we need a better backup because we can't trust or top TE to last a full year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts