Ben Hartsock Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Ben Hartsock Released

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

He is a troll, pink hat and anti-bb loser.  He and his group will do anything to proactively take accountability off of brady's plate when brady is subpar.

That is why he does that.  Note the drama and exclamation points.

Oh, you are still here?  You abandon the other threads you were being embarrassed in so you come to a new thread acting like nobody noticed all the other threads you have been exposed and proven as a liar in. LMAO!  Just go away. You are a liar, a fraud, and nobody wants you here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He literallly said he would be up nights.

There is no way this tool has kids and is around my age.  No way.

The immaturity and handwringing is atrocious.

OMG you are so desperate. It was a joke you freaking moron.  You know.. a joke.. like you!!!

It's obvious you have no life, no friends, no job, no nothing.  You are a loser.  Nobody wants you here.    Don't go away mad.. just go away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Could we please stay on topic - please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Impossible ATJ :/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

OMG you are so desperate. It was a joke you freaking moron.  You know.. a joke.. like you!!!

It's obvious you have no life, no friends, no job, no nothing.  You are a loser.  Nobody wants you here.    Don't go away mad.. just go away.

Will you two either get a room or shut it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd like to see a Striker at the position. What good is a blocking TE when the middle and weak side of your O-line are getting blown up by playoff defenses and your RB's can't get 2 yards when absolutely needed anyway?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'd like to see a Striker at the position. What good is a blocking TE when the middle and weak side of your O-line are getting blown up by playoff defenses and your RB's can't get 2 yards when absolutely needed anyway?

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's the problem. When they only need to worry about 1 WR and even then they can single cover our WR's they load up the box and the RBs get blown up. Without any type of threat of a TE releasing and going up the seam other teams have zero issue putting 7 in the box and letting 4 handle the back end. We don't need an all-pro but even something like what Graham gave us in rec's during the SB years might be enough to keep the D honest and open up a little for the RB's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Get the troll out of here.

The forum is waiting for you to leave. 

You are a proven liar.

You don't provide anything positive here.

Nobody want's you here.

I believe the forum has spoken in multiple threads, everyone would like you to leave.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's the problem. When they only need to worry about 1 WR and even then they can single cover our WR's they load up the box and the RBs get blown up. Without any type of threat of a TE releasing and going up the seam other teams have zero issue putting 7 in the box and letting 4 handle the back end. We don't need an all-pro but even something like what Graham gave us in rec's during the SB years might be enough to keep the D honest and open up a little for the RB's

I don't disagree with either point but I lean towards shoring up the blocking. Make the other team pay for loading the box and it should free up the running game. Also, some well timed screens and draws. Keep the other team guessing - but you can't do that if the battles along the line aren't being won.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Just be thankful none of his 'multitude of hot lovers' was dumb enough to procreate with him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

And how many of those top TE's miss large chunks of playing time and are typically hurt during the playoffs? You are right we are in that unique position, one which we need a better backup because we can't trust or top TE to last a full year.

I guess I am more bullish on Gronk's ability to play a full season than most.  If Gronk gets injured I think we can run more 2 back or 4 wide sets and try to get the other position groups to pick up the slack.  Given how shallow TE is as a position compared to other skill positions perhaps this isn't a terrible idea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Just be thankful none of his 'multitude of hot lovers' was dumb enough to procreate with him...

'multitude of hot lovers' haha!! Well done! 

I'm pretty sure hookers take extreme caution about getting pregnant.

I'm pretty sure there is a farm close by that has some of his offspring roaming the plains.

His lotion expense must be absurd!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

And how many of those top TE's miss large chunks of playing time and are typically hurt during the playoffs? You are right we are in that unique position, one which we need a better backup because we can't trust or top TE to last a full year.

I guess I am more bullish on Gronk's ability to play a full season than most.  If Gronk gets injured I think we can run more 2 back or 4 wide sets and try to get the other position groups to pick up the slack.  Given how shallow TE is as a position compared to other skill positions perhaps this isn't a terrible idea.

PCM, I am half with you on this. I agree this offense will be game specific and often times show 3 and 4 WR sets, and even 2 RB sets. I have no issue with Cannon or Halapio on the field with Vollmer lined up at the blocking TE

I am not as bullish on Gronk being ready game 1...and think it may be 3-6 games before we see him back to 90%

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am not as bullish on Gronk being ready game 1...and think it may be 3-6 games before we see him back to 90%

Slight clarification.  I don't really have any comment on whether Gronk plays week 1.  It was more about whether he plays the full season once he gets back on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Unfortunately I don't see Gronk ever making it through a full season.  And I really don't see enough WR talent to make up for the loss of Gronk.  Hooman doesn't help.  However, I really do like the thought of using more 2 back sets though. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I don't know how we'll be able to win another super bowl without a great TE. It's not like we can just throw in an olb or tackle to catch tds and block. We need to invest in this position.  More then the 100 million we already have.

I say trade for Jimmy Graham.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

yeah, I don't see what's so hard about have Pro Bowl caliber players 3 deep at every position. If you can find one Gronk, find 52 more. That's what I say. Belichick has had months to build this team into one capable of going undefeated for at least 5 straight seasons. At best this team wins 14 games and is a threat to win the SB. Big deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Unfortunately I don't see Gronk ever making it through a full season.  And I really don't see enough WR talent to make up for the loss of Gronk.  Hooman doesn't help.  However, I really do like the thought of using more 2 back sets though. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1, If I don't feel good about Gronk making through the season not sure I could be comfortable with Amendola either. This O is basically the same as last year with the addition of LaFell and maybe White could help? They were beat up and couldn't get anything done in the playoffs last year so why the sudden confidence they could this year without Gronk? Boyce and Thompkins are both showing the same things as last year and Dobson is a major question mark so I just don't think this WR group can make up for the lose of Gronk. I am just curious why people has this sudden confidence if Gronk goes down everything will be fine and we can carry on when the last couple years have shown if Gronk goes down this O hits a pothole and breaks an axle as the weather gets colder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

I don't know how we'll be able to win another super bowl without a great TE. It's not like we can just throw in an olb or tackle to catch tds and block. We need to invest in this position.  More then the 100 million we already have.

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah, I don't see what's so hard about have Pro Bowl caliber players 3 deep at every position. If you can find one Gronk, find 52 more. That's what I say. Belichick has had months to build this team into one capable of going undefeated for at least 5 straight seasons. At best this team wins 14 games and is a threat to win the SB. Big deal.

see, I don't get this comment? this team has lost out on maybe 2 SB's because Gronk was unable to play. the season has not started yet, and it appears that he may be ready to play only 12-13 games. who knows what his condition will be at the end of the season.

no one is asking for a pro bowl player.

many are asking for a #2 TE....many feel Hooman is actually a #3

you make it sound like this is a foreign thought...yet BB has paraded 11 guys that play the TE position into camp in the past few weeks. clearly there is a concern, and apparently a need from the GM/coach point of view.

why don't you join the discussion, rather than mock the discussion? do you think Gronk will be able to stay healthy thru the playoffs, and if he does not, are you comfortable with the current TE situation? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

see, I don't get this comment? this team has lost out on maybe 2 SB's because Gronk was unable to play. the season has not started yet, and it appears that he may be ready to play only 12-13 games. who knows what his condition will be at the end of the season.

you make it sound like this is a foreign thought...yet BB has paraded 11 guys that play the TE position into camp in the past few weeks. clearly there is a concern, and apparently a need from the GM/coach point of view.

why don't you join the discussion, rather than mock the discussion? do you think Gronk will be able to stay healthy thru the playoffs, and if he does not, are you comfortable with the current TE situation? 

I don't join in because opinions are so extreme on a subject that is impossible to predict.  The fact is this: no one knows if Gronk will make it through this year.  Not me, you, Belichick or anyone else.  If someone dives at his knees again, chances are he will be out again.  If not, chances are he won't miss more than a game or two for random dings.  You're right, two freak injuries, one of which came at the worst possible time, took him out of games and may have cost the team 2 championships.    But no one could see them coming, and no one can see how his health will go this year.

Am I comfortable with the TE situation?  Finding high quality pass catching TEs is not easy.  It is one of the hardest positions to fill.  That's why guys like Gronk, Graham, vintage Gates, even an un-jailed Hernandez, are so rare to find.  Unlike a productive RB or WR, or cannon fodder on the line where you can plug in a guy with some talent.  Replacing a versatile, well rounded TE is not easy so serviceable is the way to go when you have so much invested in a top flight guy (the best TE in the game).  You almost have to gamble that he will be good to go. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't join in because opinions are so extreme on a subject that is impossible to predict.  The fact is this: no one knows if Gronk will make it through this year.  Not me, you, Belichick or anyone else.  If someone dives at his knees again, chances are he will be out again.  If not, chances are he won't miss more than a game or two for random dings.  You're right, two freak injuries, one of which came at the worst possible time, took him out of games and may have cost the team 2 championships.    But no one could see them coming, and no one can see how his health will go this year.

Am I comfortable with the TE situation?  Finding high quality pass catching TEs is not easy.  It is one of the hardest positions to fill.  That's why guys like Gronk, Graham, vintage Gates, even an un-jailed Hernandez, are so rare to find.  Unlike a productive RB or WR, or cannon fodder on the line where you can plug in a guy with some talent.  Replacing a versatile, well rounded TE is not easy so serviceable is the way to go when you have so much invested in a top flight guy (the best TE in the game).  You almost have to gamble that he will be good to go. 

well said. thank you

I think Gronk is worth the gamble. I simply would like to see a "what if" on the team, that is not an all pro, but better than Jones, Hartsock, Watson and DJ Williams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

well said. thank you

I think Gronk is worth the gamble. I simply would like to see a "what if" on the team, that is not an all pro, but better than Jones, Hartsock, Watson and DJ Williams.

Well sure so would I, but most of those guys are already scooped up by a team.  I think due to rarity of that position.  Many teams don't even have an all rounder type TE.  So the Pats are looking at who's around and hoping one is a hidden gem they can work with.  Some people act like this a matter of finding a new pair of shoes (not directing this comment at you or anyone else in particular) when finding a one-for-one replacement of Gronk is probably one of the toughest things you can do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Maneri still on the roster? Scary....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

well said. thank you

Well sure so would I, but most of those guys are already scooped up by a team.  I think due to rarity of that position.  Many teams don't even have an all rounder type TE.  So the Pats are looking at who's around and hoping one is a hidden gem they can work with.  Some people act like this a matter of finding a new pair of shoes (not directing this comment at you or anyone else in particular) when finding a one-for-one replacement of Gronk is probably one of the toughest things you can do.

they have had 15 months to draft or sign someone that is a #2. repeat, no one is looking for a one on one replacement for Gronk. impossible

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

Maneri still on the roster? Scary....

that's gotta be training camp body. Gronk and Hooman are not ready to play yet (or practice) and Williams is injured (again)

Sections
Shortcuts