Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks:
    In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : So he sucks because he's not exciting?
    Posted by Evil2012

No.

He is mediocre because he isn't threatening. 

I don't think NE needs a better running back. But then, I don't think they really need to run the ball much more either, at least not with BJGE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

7 TDs, only McCoy and Peterson have more.
    75% pass completion, only Kuhn has more. 
    Turf toe the past 6 weeks.
    Shares carries with 4 other RBs.
    The man is a workhorse and DOES HIS JOB!
    Some people wouldn't be happy if they found an envelope with $1000 in it.
    They'd be pissed it wasn't $10,000.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I agree that he is mediocre in talent, but most mediocre backs make more mistakes. And lots of Adrian Peterson highlight runs end up with the ball on the ground and the opponent's offense coming on the field.

When winter comes, that 4-per-carry without fumbling might start looking pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

7 TDs, only McCoy and Peterson have more. 75% pass completion, only Kuhn has more.  Turf toe the past 6 weeks. Shares carries with 4 other RBs. The man is a workhorse and DOES HIS JOB! Some people wouldn't be happy if they found an envelope with $1000 in it. They'd be pissed it wasn't $10,000.
    Posted by pezz4pats

I don't think that is enough! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the guy is an average runner, nothing special, but he doesn't suck. I think if they had a guy that had a similar skill set, but with better quickness and speed it would greatly improve our offense. The guy runs low and hard and seems to have good vision, it's just that there are quite a few things he can't do. He can't take a hand off deep in the backfield and do well with it - he's too slow for that - the defense swallows him up. So you can forget draws and delays. He can't get around the corner or cut it back inside quick enough, so the defense just has to meet him head on. He obviously is very limited in the passing game as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Patriots have not done well with "suckey" RB's!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : I didnt say that, I love benny, look at my posts, If im having running troubles im calling the law firm of Ben, Jarvis, Green, and Ellis
    Posted by ChasaB

I knew dat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Let me see if I get this thread:

The Firm sucks is the assertion.

Here's what I know:

He never fumbles, always falls forward, is almost automatic for short gains, blocks well and plays hurt.

And you're complaining!?

Do you remember fumble-head from last year?

Conclusion: you're a moron.

As JoniM sang, "You don't know what you got till it's gone . . . "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe the problem is you are looking at one specific area and not the whole picture. The Law Firm as seen today, does exactly what BB wants and that is to keep the other teams defenses honest and churn out positive yards,(3-5 on average), so as to allow Brady to complete medium to short passes for first downs. This team is surgical in that it will take it's chances to drive down the field believing it can do so without mistake. This is where Green-Ellis comes in-he rarely ever loses yards! He will always give you yards, which in turn allows Brady to manage the game which I believe the only other QB being his peer was Montana!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : He sucks because he should be doing better in a Pass first offense where the defense primarily prepares to stop Brady and the offensive threats.  I seriously doubt any team waste film time watching BJGE's runs preparing against us. Not only does he have a mediocre carry average, but he does so in our offense where he should be benefitting. Hell even Woodhead has a better average. Woodhead averages 5.1 in career, and outperformed on carry average to BJGE both last year and this year. 
    Posted by murghkhor

Here we go with the stupid stat game. Lets just ignore the little fact that he's on the # 2 passing team, the fact does he does all of his jobs well, that he never fumbles    ( now tell me how unimportant that is ). Besides his 4.1 yds per carry aren't bad and if you're suggesting Woodhead become the feature back that's even worse than your Bennie hate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Solid, and ran well today.  I like him.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Agree,  got the ball rolling today. Even on their 1st possession even though they had to punt he was getting good yards. In the end he ended up having a good game.
    Is Ridley any better ?  Just because he moves his feet more than Ben Jarvis does not making him better or more exciting to watch. 
    Anyway this is a discussion for another time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

he never fumbles, he's tough, he gets positive yardage almost every time, and he knows how to find the end zone

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If BJGE was the Patriots only back I would be nerveous.  But with so many different options in that position I feel good with BJGE in there.  Never fumbles, and can break the big runs.  No, he's not Cris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, or the eliete RB's but he is better then some Patriot RB's in the past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

To say he sucks is just plain rediculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He doesn't suck! This offense is designed to pass the ball as a running game.However BJGE may not be flashy,he does what he's asked to do and that's to run north and south and hold onto the ball when he carrying the rock! He scored two TDs in todays game so I don't think I'd use the term "he sucks" too describe him or his skill level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : This was the reason for my post, as you would see from my original post. BJGE is mediocre at BEST. And the reality is that he probably ranks in the bottom third of RBs in the league, bottom half for sure. When I say he sux I mean we should get better at this position. If you are happy having someone mediocre just because he doesn't fumble, then that's you not me. I disagree.  Having a decent RB could go a long way towards helping our offense. 
    Posted by murghkhor

The main issue I have with your post is that instead of questioning BJGEs skills you just come out in an insulting way by saying he sux. How would you like it if your boss or your close freinds didn't want to associate with you and they wrote to you saying you suk. I would think that you would wouldn't like it and would feel insulted. There are a lot better terms you can use without insulting him. I guess it would be fair to say you SUK.

As for answering your your comments, he's a huge improvement over Maroney who useto dance around waiting for holes to open. He rarely loses yardage and a 4.1 average in the NFL on a pass oreinted team is decent. He won't be mistaken for Barry Sanders but he's a decent back who provides enough of a running game to augment the passing game and as others mention he doesn't fumble. I think its called reliability !!   

Just my observation !!

Hetchinspete.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I do'nt think BJGE is a big concern to a D'Coord, game planning for the Pats.

This is a TEAM game, and when they NEED or forced to game plan for a back that can power up the middle, shed blocks and with speed enough to take it to the house around the edge then that changes everything. Opens up other weapons for the QB.

Yes, BJGE does his job well, but ..... He could easily be put on the second shift by the appropriate RB that they must game plan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

...a wise man was once  quoted as saying " Stats are for loosers".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Vareen ran well today in limited reps. They put him in when everyone knew we were going to run it and he fought for some tough yards. He also was able to cut back and get something extra. I worry that the guy is too small for a feature back roll, but he looked pretty solid getting swarmed when he ran into the teeth of the defense a couple of times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the difference between an average of 4.0 and 4.7 is less meaningful than the difference between 4.0 and 3.3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chung25. Show chung25's posts

I cant see why you think he sucks. The only reason why he does not have a higher average is because he doesnt have the long rushes. If you take out outliers from other running backs, he is probably more consistant than them. Plus he doesnt fumble 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

Oh Yeah, stats are for losers. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

You are right. He does suck. Lets go get Maroney back!
    I will take BJGE over any of the backs we had in the last few years.
    He runs N & S and holds on to the ball. I hated watch LM dance for no gain!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

This is all wrong.

Benny is much better than your stats are giving him credit for. Remember that in our system we are often ahead in the forth quarter and BJGE is running against a defensive front THAT IS EXPECTING the run. He doesnt get all the snaps as he is splitting them with other backs so he isnt getting as many opportunities to pull off one of the 68yd carries that really help yardage stats. In addition to things like not fumbling and good pass protection with at least average if not a little above average hands which dont go into your stats.

There are very few backs in the league that I would take over one that doesnt fumble and gets tough yards. Give the guy a little, no a lot, more credit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I knew there was a reason I put this poster on ignore.

Sections
Shortcuts