Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks:
    He has never fumbled.  Not in the his entire football life. I didn't claim he was great, but I think he is decently above average with just the right skills to suit the Pats. We can assume he was not used much today because he has turf toe and they will need him more later.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I still disagree, Chris. I don't think he is above average.

I don't think his skills suit this offense, he is a no show in the passing game. That right there means you don't suit an offense that doesn't feature a FB. 

And I could think of 15-20 pure runners off the top of my head I think would improve this offense over what he gives NE, which has thus far been about 4.0 ypc footbal, no fumbles, no long TD threat, but no threat in the passing game.  

To me, that is average at best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

All I will say is that the run blocking, outside of Gronk, has been quite poor the past month or so.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

That's for certain.  But what can you expect when your team is reduced to it's fourth center in 12 games?  Or SeaBass beng in/out/in/out all season?  Been a tought year on the line for the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : The problem with Benny is he's just not quick and fast enough to do much beyond getting what is there, which in the NFL is usually not a lot. He doesn't even try to get outside anymore (and he shouldn't), but the problem is defense's know there are way too many things he can't do. I can't believe people want to give him props for that touchdown run today, are you kidding me? Marion Butts got 8 rushing touchdowns one year for us, does that make him good too?
    Posted by mthurl

That is essentially it in a nutshell. 

Unfortunately, RB, like OLB/DE is really about pure athletic ability as the primary indicator of success. 

And no, he basically never gets more than is given to him. 

BB valued that over Maroney, who would sometimes sacrifice yardage in hopes of a big play. 

In the end, I think NE can do better. In time, I think they can do better with what's on their roster now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : That's for certain.  But what can you expect when your team is reduced to it's fourth center in 12 games?  Or SeaBass beng in/out/in/out all season?  Been a tought year on the line for the Pats.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Mankins has been sub-par, Waters started great but I get the sense he may be slowing a bit as the season wears on, and ya they need a big burly center...Wendell shows much more in the run game than DC in my opinion.  Did Cannon get any snaps today?  I would have liked to see him out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Cannon played and when I watched him he looked good.  

Yeah, Mankins has been in his worst year, IMO.  He does not deserve a Pro Bowl, but idiot fans will send him anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

BJGE is definitely average at best. Look at his average/carry this year. Faulk playing today was what? A gift from Belichick for being a great Patriot...I love Faulk as much as the next Pats fan, but I also loved Sam Cunningham, but its not time for either.

Today was a great opportunity to run Ridley; pass the ball to Ridley...see what he can do.

Bad coaching today in my humble opinion. That seems the MO for both sides of the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah, they passed on some downs that were clearly best for runs (bomb to Branch on 3n1), and ran on some plays that were clearly best for passes (run by Woodhead on 2n18 or whatever).  Seems like O'Brien was trying to outsmart the Colts D, instead of just beating them straight up with superior play.  He has down that in the past, especially in his two play-off losses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He has never fumbled.  Not in the his entire football life. I didn't claim he was great, but I think he is decently above average with just the right skills to suit the Pats. We can assume he was not used much today because he has turf toe and they will need him more later.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I think it's great that he has never fumbled, but saying he has just the right skills to suit the pats is wrong in my opinion. I really can't envision Belichick sitting in his office thinking...wow Benny suits us just perfectly, he gives us exactly what we need...a guy that defense's don't have to account for and a guy that can't take the pressure off of Brady when he needs it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, they passed on some downs that were clearly best for runs (bomb to Branch on 3n1), and ran on some plays that were clearly best for passes (run by Woodhead on 2n18 or whatever).  Seems like O'Brien was trying to outsmart the Colts D, instead of just beating them straight up with superior play.  He has down that in the past, especially in his two play-off losses.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

League wide, not just in NE, passing has a better chance on 3rd and 1 than running. Moreover, running on second and long has a better chance of success (yard for yard) than passing does. 

Hanging playoff losses on O'Brien is nuts. Look at this defense ... look at Dan Orlovsky, Joe Flacco, and Mark Sanchez, then back at the defense, then to Danny O, the Flack, and the Sanchize again. 

Bad and mediocre QB's run rampant on this defense each week, and you are getting on them for going for the jugular on 3 and 1? It was a great playcall, and if NO-cho hangs on to it, it looks like what it was, smart. Weiss lived off of unpredictable calls like that, because BB lives off of it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He was great today.  Running was hard early, AS ALWAYS, and opened up later.  They took their foot off the gas too early, is about all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Jarvis Green Ellis sucks : League wide, not just in NE, passing has a better chance on 3rd and 1 than running. Moreover, running on second and long has a better chance of success (yard for yard) than passing does.  Hanging playoff losses on O'Brien is nuts. Look at this defense ... look at Dan Orlovsky, Joe Flacco, and Mark Sanchez, then back at the defense, then to Danny O, the Flack, and the Sanchize again.  Bad and mediocre QB's run rampant on this defense each week, and you are getting on them for going for the jugular on 3 and 1? It was a great playcall, and if NO-cho hangs on to it, it looks like what it was, smart. Weiss lived off of unpredictable calls like that, because BB lives off of it. 
    Posted by zbellino

Z, we usually agree, but not on this call.  A footrace bomb to a slow WR nursing a sore hamstring playing against a speedy rookie DB on 3-n-1?  That is a good call?  No way, Jose'.  That is an idiotic call.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Ridley had a break out game earlier this year, All the yahoos lobbied for him to get more carries and sit out BJGE. Ridley did get carries the next game and averaged about 1.6 yards per carry. The Yahoos went quiet. 

This will repeat itself on and off the rest of this year. The Yahoos will call for Ridley and Vareen, and then go quiet when BJGE produces or the rookies don't produce. 

BJGE is the feature back this year. BB trusts him. He is in no way, shape, or form like the dancing and fearful Maroney. 

When we won with Corey Dillon, CD averaged less than 4 per carry. BJGE is much more like Dillon and nothing like Maroney. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Ridley had a break out game earlier this year, All the yahoos lobbied for him to get more carries and sit out BJGE. Ridley did get carries the next game and averaged about 1.6 yards per carry. The Yahoos went quiet.  This will repeat itself on and off the rest of this year. The Yahoos will call for Ridley and Vareen, and then go quiet when BJGE produces or the rookies don't produce.  BJGE is the feature back this year. BB trusts him. He is in no way, shape, or form like the dancing and fearful Maroney.  When we won with Corey Dillon, CD averaged less than 4 per carry. BJGE is much more like Dillon and nothing like Maroney. 
    Posted by gandalf433

To quote Tim Tebow, "Amen."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Looks like BJGE "fell forward" and did some "positive yards" for another 2.3 yard per carry turkey today.

But hey, he didn't have any negative yards!!!! so that's awesome no?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Looks like BJGE "fell forward" and did some "positive yards" for another 2.3 yard per carry turkey today. But hey, he didn't have any negative yards!!!! so that's awesome no?
    Posted by murghkhor

Whaaa big phucin baby

Sections
Shortcuts