Ben Roethlisberger's latest details

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Ben Roethlisberger's latest details

Wow...was Roethlisberger lucky. Had the semen sample found been greater and had come back to him...he'd likely be in some deep trouble. I can now see why the Steelers are fielding trade offers on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Roethlisberger's latest details:
    guy is bad news....hopefully the Steelers & the NFL step on this slimeball.
    Posted by NOISE

hopefully there are not double standards for QB's that win super bowls. this kinda of behavior is worse than being a dog fighting ring master.

i don't want to the NFL turn into a military displince academy, but some of these guys need to be better vetted before a team drafts them.

and that's why i'm glad BB didn't pick up ant FAs this yeasr that have had behavior problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea except that Mike Vick was charged and found guilty of dog fighting where as Big Ben was not even charged so its not the same thing at all. All any of us are doing is speculating no one can prove he did anything which is why he was not charged. I think he did it but the facts remain he was not charged.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

What a nightmare in Pittsburgh! Holmes this guy...This behavior is as bad as it gets. He's damn lucky they don't have more evidence.  Especially with other women have documented reports of similar behavior.  If this guy took the Tiger Woods slam bang approach, as he should have been able to, he'd be free and clear.

I think the Steelers sit him down and say this is it.  Suspend him a few games to show it, and ride it out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yea except that Mike Vick was charged and found guilty of dog fighting where as Big Ben was not even charged so its not the same thing at all. All any of us are doing is speculating no one can prove he did anything which is why he was not charged. I think he did it but the facts remain he was not charged.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

that's what i'm getting at. why wasn't he charged? favortism, cause he won a couple superbowls. the whole thing smells.

surprised they put him in jail with bubba to give him a little taste of what being a bad boy is all about.

hard to believe the state Georgia let this one go 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

kansas he was not charged because the evidence was not enough to convict and the victim didnt want to go through it she couldnt geta  conviction. And I dont think his name had anything to do with it, if this happened to me they still would not charge me because there was not enough evidence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

There was a small DNA found but Rapistberger refused to give his to the Georgia police. He sure covered his track having TWO off duty policemen standing guard for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

kansas he was not charged because the evidence was not enough to convict and the victim didnt want to go through it she couldnt geta  conviction. And I dont think his name had anything to do with it, if this happened to me they still would not charge me because there was not enough evidence.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

All that may be true, but I'm free to draw whatever conclusion I see fit.  From what I've read, I conclude he's a rapist who got away with it.  Should be hanging out with OJ as far as I'm concerned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There was a small DNA found but Rapistberger refused to give his to the Georgia police. He sure covered his track having TWO off duty policemen standing guard for him.
    Posted by bobo354

The DA said they told Ben's lawyer they didn't need to provide a sample as the one they had was too small for testing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

MVP, with all due respect if the witnesses said they saw any of us get a girl drunk take her to the bathroom where our friends barred anyone from entering, the victims friends tried to get the owner to open the bathroom but the off duty cops wouldn't allow it and then the girl ran to the first cop she could find on the street we'd be in jail that day until the trial. I knew a guy who was accused of rape and he was held in jail for 30 hrs until they confirmed that he wasn't even in the area she claimed he raped her (she was obessed wih him and wanted to get him back for saying no to her. Nothing was done to her). It's only sports stars that get the special treatment and the high priced lawyers. And appearently his lawyer is known for running big slander campaigns against the victims, no wonder she didn't want to testify. I say if lawyers slander victims as bad as this guy appearently does and they still find the defendent guilty the lawyer should go to jail too or atleast lose their license to practice

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]PLEASE don't lump Tiger in with this guy.  Because Tiger is unfaithful, but not a serial rapist.  Which is as low as you can go in my book.  If the Steelers keep him, shame on them.  He is "sorry" in sooooooooooooooo many ways.  The entourage having a state trooper and another policeman on it is a travesty.  The trooper better be fired, and the other guy as well.  They knowingly participated in the isolation of this girl with the intent of allowing him to do what he did.  This makes me SICK.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I agree - I thought the Rooney statement was disappointing - Ben is ready to accept the punishment - of course he is - what else is he going to do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

If you're Roethlisberger, how many "incidents" does it take before you grow the eff up and realize you have a problem with alcohol or understanding that your status as a pro football player isn't a license to abuse women?  None of my friends spent time at 28 y.o. trying to pick up drunk teenage college girls, and if they did I'm pretty sure they would have been ridiculed.  Maybe Ben likes being a drunken misogynist and will never change, and I wouldn't blame the Steelers for unloading this guy since he seems intent on embarrasing the franchise.   I would say the same thing about any current Patriots player, this isn't Steelers hating.       
    Posted by BrooklineRob

Rob, most violent crimes involve drunkeness.  I learned this reporting a story on college crime.  I also learned this from a criminal profiling expert.  Guys like Dahlmer had to get drunk before they could commit their crimes.  Or some guys just lose their better judgment while drunk.

Here is the thing about Ben - he wasn't drunk that night, as according to reports he had been drunk the night before and decided not to drink that night of the alleged rape. So he doesn't even have the excuse of being drunk and losing his better judgement. He knew exactly what he was doing that night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

After further reading tonight, it appears that Ben did get drunk that night, despite a report that he did not intend to get drunk. I stand corrected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All you folks crack me up! You think that because someone reports it,that it must be true. I wasn't in that bar,nor was I in that bathroom,I didn't see a darn thing. I know for a fact that most D.A.'s like to prosecute high profile cases during election years cause it usually helps in their re-election campaigns. I would bet the farm that there was no evidence to support the girls allegations. I actually feel sorry for Ben. At any rate since none of us were in the bar like I said earlier,maybe we should just abstain from making ignorant statements.