Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered?!?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered?!?!?

So I have been mulling over the idea that Big Ben could lessen his suspension to two games.  This guy is a (explicative) clown!  What he did at that bar is awful.  The pro athletes need to be punished for what they do.  He made his own choices that night, and we cant forget that this isnt the first time he has done something like this.  I think that it is a joke if Roger Goodell decides to lower the suspension.  You might as well tell everyone that it is alright to act the same way Ben did.  I don't think 6 games is enough, it should be 8.  Please do not lower this guys suspension, let him lose some money and play time.  What do you guys think...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered?!?!?

Talk about setting the wrong precedent by lowering it. Can you see anyone else who receives a suspension from this day forward. I say make it 6 games and stick to your guns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I guess refraining from attempting to rape any women since the last time is considered "good behavior."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

The reality is the NFL is a big business.

The Steelers bring a lot of money into that business.

To the NFL (the entire NFL, including Bob Kraft) this is not a moral decision, it is a financial one.

In light of that, Ben's "suspension" will be reduced.

And don't be surprised if the Steelers make it back into the Superbowl this season. That way the league can show off its "rehabilitation" program to the world.

LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Relax guys. He deserves a slap on the wrist. `It's not like he videotaped another team from the sidelines- the NFL wont stand for that sort of thing. All he did was rape a couple of women. That we know of. So no big deal.

So much for remorse or taking responsibility for his actions. The fact that he's a rapist makes him scary enough.The fact that he doesn't even feel the need to pretend he's sorry is what makes him an evil piece of garbage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3eb23/article/big-bens-suspension-cut-to-four-games-set-to-play-oct-17-vs-browns?module=breaking_news

here is your answer to that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

<sarcasm>Premeditated (serial?) rape deserves a slap on the wrist.  Anything more would be bad for the game.  Now a triple murder, that deserves a six game suspension. The NFL has to stand for something, you know.</sarcasm>

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

The new chant at Pitt games, "She said No!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sorry I still don't know why he was even suspended at all, because he was not even convicted of any wrong doing.  Since he has been in trouble before and now again in the media.. then fine a 3 game suspension should be adequate to teach him to stay away from trouble and grow up.  All this really does is punish the Steelers and their hope for a playoff push.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered?!?!?:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I still don't know why he was even suspended at all, because he was not even convicted of any wrong doing.  Since he has been in trouble before and now again in the media.. then fine a 3 game suspension should be adequate to teach him to stay away from trouble and grow up.  All this really does is punish the Steelers and their hope for a playoff push.

Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Just because it wasn't proven? The NFL is a business, not a court of law. They don't have to have proof. Just like the OJ situation. Anybody with a brain knows Ben is guilty and a piece of garbage.

He is tarnishing the image of the Pittsburg Steelers and the NFL. But nobody really cares. Because at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. 90% of fans will put up with anything. Rape, murder, child molestation. Anything.You name it. As long as the guy helps them win football games. It's not like the Steelers are going to sell fewer tickets because they have a rapist for a QB.

It's just like anything else these days. All that really matters is the money. If fans refused to settle for this sort of thing, so would the NFL.

Ben is apparently a serial rapist, so they give him a 4 game vacation. You know why? He's not going to cost the NFL any money. But Michael Phelps gets sponsorships axed because some morally superior nutjobs might not buy a box of Wheaties  if they see a drug user representing the company.

The obvious assumption is that the general public has higher moral standards than your average NFL fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm pretty worried about the asteroid about to hit earth.  Sure it hasn't happenned and probably won't ever happen but I'm still worried.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty worried about the asteroid about to hit earth.  Sure it hasn't happenned and probably won't ever happen but I'm still worried.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I agree. Hamburgers ARE delicious. But hold the onions- I hate onions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

In Response to Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered?!?!?:
    [QUOTE]So I have been mulling over the idea that Big Ben could lessen his suspension to two games.  This guy is a (explicative) clown!  What he did at that bar is awful.  The pro athletes need to be punished for what they do.  He made his own choices that night, and we cant forget that this isnt the first time he has done something like this.  I think that it is a joke if Roger Goodell decides to lower the suspension.  You might as well tell everyone that it is alright to act the same way Ben did.  I don't think 6 games is enough, it should be 8.  Please do not lower this guys suspension, let him lose some money and play time.  What do you guys think...
    Posted by elmatador1225[/QUOTE]

Lets put this in perspective. He liquored up, then RAPED, a 20 year old girl. Oh yeah, this occurred not in his very classy mansion, or in a $1000. a night hotel room but in the bathroom of a night club while his goons stood guard outside, not letting the girls friends remove her from the situation. No, a 20 year old shouldn't be in a club nor should she be drinking. But thats what 20 year olds do, its called youthful indescretions. But for a grown man to take advantage of her is criminal. She is still somebodies daughter. Suspension reduced? Hell no, he should be shot! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Missed in all this, a township police officer and a pennsylvania state trooper assisted him in this.  Both are still employed to the best of my knowlege.  Which is the sickest part of the whole thing.  One year, no less.  He came extremely close to being prosecuted, and should have been.  One year.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Ben Roethlisberger's suspension lowered

[QUOTE]The reality is the NFL is a big business. The Steelers bring a lot of money into that business. To the NFL (the entire NFL, including Bob Kraft) this is not a moral decision, it is a financial one. In light of that, Ben's "suspension" will be reduced. And don't be surprised if the Steelers make it back into the Superbowl this season. That way the league can show off its "rehabilitation" program to the world. LOL.
    Posted by CarveMaster[/QUOTE]

Money talks.
    Bulls#!7 walks.
    Money+Bulls#!7=Screams Like A Chicken.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]The new chant at Pitt games, "She said No!"
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Perfect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

The most ironic thing about this situation is that the vast majority of Female NFL fans would still jump at the chance spend a night with this guy if they could, and brag about it to their girlfriends the next day.

If anyone doesn't believe that, they are completely out of touch with our current society.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I have no trouble at all believing that. Which is probably why I'm out of touch with today's society.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I should have known Sheriff Goodell would lower it to four games. Unbelievable...Just unbelievable...I'm still shaking my head!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

[QUOTE]I should have known Sheriff Goodell would lower it to four games. Unbelievable...Just unbelievable...I'm still shaking my head!
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Now, you really don't believe that Goodell had any say in this, do you? This suspension was the whole doing of the Rooney Family. They were sick and tired of Ben making fools of them. Goodell was just the conduit they went through.

The plan all along was for (1) 4 games if Ben got it into his thick skull quickly that his Animal House frat boy behavior was unacceptable, (2) 6 games if the lesion took longer, and (3) being cut from the team if it happens again.

Dan Rooney is the *only* reason why Goodell is comish in the first place, and Roger is smart enough *not* to bite the hand that feeds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Goodell obviously took the bribe money from Rooney.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

First of all, I don't have kids yet. But if that was my sister or daughter that Ben raped and then he walked, there isn't a thing in this world that would keep him or his sleazebag rent-a-cops safe. Nothing.

Secondly, the idiotic comment that most women would want to be with Ben and would then brag about it is sad. You are describing shallow classless w hores with no self respect. While there certainly is no shortage of them, most women are not w hores.

The fact that you think "most" women would bang some butt ugly dude and go around bragging about it shows how little you must think of women. That's kind of sad. And if your statement were true, he wouldn't need to rape girls to get laid.

20 years old? That means around two years ago she was a child. So basically, Ben is a borderline pedophile. What a manly man!

Sections
Shortcuts