Ben Volin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Ben Volin

I wish BCD would hire reporters that have at least just a little bit of  enthusiasm for the team's they are suppose to be covering. It seams this dude is going out of his way to cast the Pat's in the worst light possible. Between his tweats and reposting of every negative article. The Wes W. story being the latest example. The dude is from Florida and you can tell from his tweats he would rather be reporting on the dolphins. Come on BCD how much more would you have to pay in order to hire some compentent local talent! Not only that I get really tired of looking at his mug on the tweats.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: Ben Volin

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

yep, y hire guys with actual objectiwity.. we want the koolaid and pompoms.. he's done many pro-pat stories as well..

Really you covering the Pat's with objectivity but your a dolphin's fan. How does that work!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have found Volin to be incredible. he hustles with first hand news, has great insight, and is mostly first on much news. BDC was sorely missing this once Bedard focused on game analysis and the entire NFL...never was a fan of Shalise. Voln is a breath of fresh air to an otherwise staid BDC football coverage....I find his tweets are great...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have found Volin to be incredible. he hustles with first hand news, has great insight, and is mostly first on much news. BDC was sorely missing this once Bedard focused on game analysis and the entire NFL...never was a fan of Shalise. Voln is a breath of fresh air to an otherwise staid BDC football coverage....I find his tweets are great...

Good for you. Give me Mike Reeise anyday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

dude, you still have Mike...and Volin. different strokes for different folks...read them both, read only one, go find some one else...the incredile part is what you like is right at your finger tips.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Does The Globe even send a reporter to camp? I get all my news from Reiss.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

dude, you still have Mike...and Volin. different strokes for different folks...read them both, read only one, go find some one else...the incredile part is what you like is right at your finger tips.

You don't get it. If I am a right wing whack job I watch Fox news. It I am a left leaning pinko I watch Msnbc. This is a boston based web site so one would think that the people that they have reporting would be a little bit biased to the team they are suppose to be covering.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Does The Globe even send a reporter to camp? I get all my news from Reiss.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

I don't even think they cover sports any longer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

you guys have to give Volin and Berry a chance. They arent Bedard, not many are, but come from a different slant. I am really liking Volin. He's really hard working, puts out a ton of info. Dont know Berry too well, but like what I read so far.

The days of WillMcD, Gammons, Ryan are gone at the Globe. If you want that, go to ESPN...they have the most talent. Thats not to say every person at ESPN is to your liking, but I am sure you will find many that you will enjoy, like Reiss or Yates. Cimini, is very good. Walker is really dry and has a great eye for seeing what is happening on the field. Clayton and Schefter are really plugged in. Many, many more and thats just football.

If you are looking for someone to sugar coat the Pats and lick BB's b**ls sit here on BDC and read Rusty...he does a good job at that...doesnt know football even a little, but is good at sugar coating the Pats...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

you guys have to give Volin and Berry a chance. They arent Bedard, not many are, but come from a different slant. I am really liking Volin. He's really hard working, puts out a ton of info. Dont know Berry too well, but like what I read so far.

The days of WillMcD, Gammons, Ryan are gone at the Globe. If you want that, go to ESPN...they have the most talent. Thats not to say every person at ESPN is to your liking, but I am sure you will find many that you will enjoy, like Reiss or Yates. Cimini, is very good. Walker is really dry and has a great eye for seeing what is happening on the field. Clayton and Schefter are really plugged in. Many, many more and thats just football.

If you are looking for someone to sugar coat the Pats and lick BB's b**ls sit here on BDC and read Rusty...he does a good job at that...doesnt know football even a little, but is good at sugar coating the Pats...

Look at his tweets all he is ever tweating about is the dolphins! If he wants to tweet about the dolphins go work for a south florida based web site.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I wish BCD would hire reporters that have at least just a little bit of  enthusiasm for the team's they are suppose to be covering. It seams this dude is going out of his way to cast the Pat's in the worst light possible. Between his tweats and reposting of every negative article. The Wes W. story being the latest example. The dude is from Florida and you can tell from his tweats he would rather be reporting on the dolphins. Come on BCD how much more would you have to pay in order to hire some compentent local talent! Not only that I get really tired of looking at his mug on the tweats.

Wholehearedly agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Wholehearedly agree.

but isnt the simple solution....drum roll......take him off your tweet account? or dont read his articles on BDC? There are literally over 50 people covering the local football team...isnt it great you can pick and choose who you wish to read and who you wish to ignore? simply ignore Ben if you dont like him....you actually sound like Rusty....he listens to Mazz every day on the radio, and complains about what Mazz said every day. when I suggest that he shouldnt listen to Mazz, he says he never does.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

It took Bedard about 6 monthhs before he flipped, so I expect a similar time frame on Volin. Unless I msised something?

I'm hoping you missed the fact the NY Times no longer owns the Globe and is no longer calling the shots. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, when Henry gets control, you'd think sports reporting will once again be a priority.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I prefer to get every perspective  - pro, con, inbetween, and indifferent.  If you just want one perspective (Fox News is a good example) you become shallow, myopic and ignorant of the facts.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why is everyone so negative on this board?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

yep, y hire guys with actual objectiwity.. we want the koolaid and pompoms.. he's done many pro-pat stories as well..

Really you covering the Pat's with objectivity but your a dolphin's fan. How does that work!

Easy, it's called being a professional. That's like saying a person raised in an Islamic family is incapable of writing historically and objectively about Jesus Christ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Ben Volin has done live interviews from Philly for Sports Tonight on Comcast Sports Net and was very complimentary of the Pats in the their performance vs. the Eagles....I thought he was fine...I have no problem with the guy...

I DO have a problem with the current Pats coverage from the Globe....hopefully the new ownership will try to do a better job, and not just for the Red Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts