BENGALS ARE TOAST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

BENGALS ARE TOAST

Carson Palmer, what an overrated joke.  A stat machine who can't win when it matters.  

Ocho and T.O. = washed up.

Marvin Lewis ... no BB.

Rest of team ... the bungles.

Pats gonna romp to 34-13 victory.  Next.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: BENGALS ARE TOAST

I like that prediction

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ah, now you're talking. I just want to see a show

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't think either team will hit 30 points. We keep talking about this defense, but last year's defense only gave up 30 points 3 out of the 16 games we played. This defense, in my opinion, is much better than last years. The offense will hold on to the ball as long as they can. 

24-21 Pats. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats 73 - Bengals 3

BB will singlehandedly sack the entire Bengal offensive line and Carson Palmer on every play, strip the ball and score a TD. That is right. Every play. He will voluntarily surrender the ball on offense just to be sporting. The Bengals three points will come when he kicks his one FG (to show he can) so hard that they need to count it for both teams. It will be declared a global act of charity and BB will refuse the Nobel Peace Prize for it ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Bengals like most teams are inconsistent on a year to year basis.  I don't know who will show up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Bengals have a much better D than the Pats and likely to be a top 10 D again this year.  I see you guys are smoking the same stuff you always have.  How this is a blowout in anyones' book is flat out strange.  Probably a tough hard fought close game either way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A little nervous going into the first 2 weeks of the season.  No doubt that these first 2 games are going to be tough.  Bengals are going to be a tough opening day test.  I hope Pat's blow them out but the reality of it is, it's going to be a hard, tough game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ulby84. Show ulby84's posts

Bengals have,

Better D by far, but Brady does what he does, so I expect a shootout.
    With Boden out for the year I expect Shiply to have a very good day.
    Go Bengals!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't think this is a laugher at all.  The Pats play well at home. Brady has the tools to take it in short strides which not only plays into Cinci weaknesses, but also helps to control the clock.   I see the Pats maintaining control and grinding out win, taking a 10 plus point lead in the 4Q. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Bengals are a very talented team.  If Palmer can find his old self this thing can turn into a machine and give Baltimore and the rest of the NFL a run for it's money.  I don't think this is going to be any kind of runaway victory.  This, if anything, will be a hard win at the very least.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I haven’t seen much out of Cincinnati since week 16 of 2009.

In the Hall of Fame Game, really a home game in Ohio, Carson Palmer folded, getting the football out of his own end, but scoring no points in two tries.  Meanwhile, in his only drive, Tony Romo went on a 16 play drive but only got a field goal.

Denver is typically a wuss on road games, but Kyle Orton drove 72 yards and 68 yards on the Cincinnati D.  That’s defense?  The Cincinnati O didn’t score on Denver’s D until their third try, and I’m not perfectly sure who was in Denver’s D by then.

Cincy’s D somewhat redeemed itself in week 2 against Philly.  Philly went on two long drives for field goals but that’s it.  Cincinnati’s O did not show up whatsoever.  Carson Palmer had one 8 yard drive for a touchdown in the first half, but no field goals, and two interceptions.

In week 3 at home versus so-so Buffalo, Carson Palmer pulled out the no-huddle and scored two touchdowns in the first half.  However, Cincy’s D quit at home.  They gave up three long drives for touchdowns in the first half. 

Finally, against Indy’s scrubs, Carson Palmer drove the team to where they could kick a 52-yard field goal.  Nice kick!

So, that’s been five unhappy games in a row for Cincinnati’s first string, six if you count the playoff game.  I may not know why, but I simply don’t like this team if they hardly ever show up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Expect a tough game. Teams have waited all off season to go smash a head, and this team is a physical team.

Keep the run in check, force Palmer to throw to TO or Ocho to the outside.

Play physical man coverage and take away the inside lanes.  Put Chung in Nickel on Gresham.

Start Sanders/Merriweather and use Chung in a lot of nickel for the run and Gresham.

28-17, Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

As a Patriot's fan I am uncomfortable with this game.  Both teams have a lousy defense and great offense. 

The Patriot's defense is better than the Bengal's defense, BUT
    The Bengal's offense is better than the Patriot's offense.

I have always been one to believe that defense is more important than offense.  The problem I have is the Patriot's defense is not strong enough to stop the Bengal's offense.

Let us pray for home field advantage!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Bengals D is lousy?  Wrong.

It's very fundamentally sound, but I don't think they'll have any easy time when BB unleashes both style of offense when he needs it (spread and run balanced/TE sets).

Expect NE's offense to be a total headache for every D this season.  Who knows how long it takes for it to get locked in, but the personnel is clearly there.

Everyone is drooling over TO and Ocho Cinco acting like they'll be in their primes lighting up Ds, and I need to see that for myself before I believe it.

Neither are in their primes.  Ocho is still the superior WR, but their offense is cleary set up around the run first. They can't throw to set up the run like NE has the option of doing, so I think the gameplan for them is pretty clear cut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: BENGALS ARE TOAST:
    Bengals have a much better D than the Pats and likely to be a top 10 D again this year.  I see you guys are smoking the same stuff you always have.  How this is a blowout in anyones' book is flat out strange.  Probably a tough hard fought close game either way.
    Posted by Casportsfan

Like everyone else, I can't predict the future, but the past shouldn't be so difficult. 

Points Per Game Leaders 2009

RKTEAMYDSYDS/GPASSP YDS/GRUSHR YDS/GPTSPTS/G
    1NY Jets4037252.32459153.7157898.623614.8
    2Dallas5054315.93606225.4144890.525015.6
    3Baltimore4808300.53316207.3149293.326116.3
    4San Francisco5222326.43670229.4155297.028117.6
    5New England5123320.23355209.71768110.528517.8
    6Cincinnati4822301.43249203.1157398.329118.2
    7Green Bay4551284.43218201.1133383.329718.6
    8Indianapolis5427339.23403212.72024126.530719.2
    9Carolina5053315.83056191.01997124.830819.3
    10Minnesota4888305.53494218.4139487.131219.5

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Gotta love stats.^ How 'bout them Cowboys!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

True stat there, but to be fair, I think Cincy was second in red zone TDs allowed or something like that last year.

They were rated higher than NE in some other categories. I would rate Cincy's D as slightly more of a sure thing for now, but I also agree that NE's D is not that much worse than Cincy's.

When you consider BB's scheming in 2008 and even 2009 covering up a weak pass rush, and landing in 5th place overall forthis points allowed, or leading in rush TDs allowed in the red zone overall in the NFL (tied with Vikes during Houston lay down), this proves BB can scheme to the team's strengths.

In 2008, they were older and slower, but still fiinished with an 11-5 record because of experience on D.

In 2009, it was a younger/unstable secondary and again a weaker edge problem both agains the run and with a pass rush consistency.

Should be interesting to see how they look here today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

I like that prediction
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Of course yo udo, its called day dreaming, see you after the game  so I can say told you so, oh, the Patriots will lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

With Tom Brady healthy, I think we take the offense of the Patriots for granted.  What is really interesting is the Patriot's defense, although young and with some new pieces, better than we realize.  We know success is not based on the names of the players.  It is based on the team concept and the real test because there are quite a few of them in the lineup has Bill Belichick changed his view and now is willing to give some of these new players on the job training.  It will be exciting to watch and since BB has been doing so many jobs himself, this season may be a real test.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I agree completely. This will be the first gameplan and scheming within it with a particular focus, so let's see how they do.

Wouldn't it be funny if they looked like they did in Week 1 or Week 2 in preseason and all the trolls disappear?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don't sleep on the Bengals. They swept their division last year, which was no easy feat. The Patriots have only done this once. The Ravens were a good team, the Steelers were down a bit and the lowly Browns managed to win their last four games.

That said, we know the Patriots are better than most prognisticators think we are, but there may be some early season bumps. Just not today!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I hope you are right but I'm not so positive. The Bengals play their best football at the beginning of the season then throw in the towel. I think it will probably be a tight game because the Pats should be able to score but I really don't have any idea how the D will look. They couldn't play straight up vanilla 3-4 all preseason without getting the ball jammed down their throats. Hopefully things look different with BB's game planning. 

21-17 Pats

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Pats 73 - Bengals 3 BB will singlehandedly sack the entire Bengal offensive line and Carson Palmer on every play, strip the ball and score a TD. That is right. Every play. He will voluntarily surrender the ball on offense just to be sporting. The Bengals three points will come when he kicks his one FG (to show he can) so hard that they need to count it for both teams. It will be declared a global act of charity and BB will refuse the Nobel Peace Prize for it ...
    Posted by zbellino

Hmm.  He sounds like "The Most Interesting Man In The World".  Does he drink Dos XX?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to BENGALS ARE TOAST:
    Carson Palmer, what an overrated joke.  A stat machine who can't win when it matters.   Ocho and T.O. = washed up. Marvin Lewis ... no BB. Rest of team ... the bungles. Pats gonna romp to 34-13 victory.  Next.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

YEAH mighty! Tell it like it is! GO PATS...Champions again in '10!

Sections
Shortcuts