Bengals, Broncos or Steelers who do want to play and why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Bengals, Broncos or Steelers who do want to play and why

We'll crush both the bengals and broncos so either of them, the steelers are a tough out even with the injuries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Bengals, Broncos or Steelers who do want to play and why

*sigh*  cant we just play the Jets again...oh wait

I would take a rematch with the Broncos but Id be scared of them if they got past the Steelers. Tebow Mania scares me a little.

I am not really concerned with Dalton. He is good but B.B. will cook up something nice for him, I am concerned with the Bengals defense tho. A tough group we havent really faced and would present a tough 1st quarter and we already start slow.

Bring on the Steelers!  Fck It!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'm for the Steelers as well. The Steelers have the best record among the 3 teams and yet they get screwed and have to play a road game in Denver. They beat us early and it's pay-back time. I don't care that Big Ben is hobbled and Clark and Mendenhall are out. I'd like them to be at full strenth, so that we could spank their butts and send them to the links early. If this Patriots team plays a lesser foe, they're liable to fall asleep the way they did against the Broncos, Phins and Bills and not recover til it's too late! Let's humble the best competition out there all the way to the Super Bowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Good thinking Trout!  I like that. Plus Id take B.B. any day in a rematch..

He has the film to break down the the revenge factor..Look at the Buffalo game...lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Steelers are the only team imo that could beat us in the afc. I can't believe we have to play them our 1st game. A 12-4 2 SB champion 5 seed W T F

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A win against the Steelers, given how just about EVERYONE is writing off the Pats as many feel the Steelers are the AFC favorites, will SHUT everyone up!!  A win against the other two will simply mean the pundits will pick the Ravens to come into Foxboro and knock off the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

It doesn't matter who we play, we'll kill them all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Steelers, Pats don't respond to being favored- but write them off like in the Second Jets game after losing two in a row. Or down 17 points, or 21 points or one minute to go down by seven like Dallas. But when they're favored like going to Buffalo hearing how Buffalo hadn't beaten the Pats since 1812, or how the Steelers lost like 9 of the last 10 and they come out flat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No matter, We'll crush all three.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I want the toughest team which appears to be the Steelers. 

I want them to earn everything they get. Playing tough teams is the way to do it. 

If they lose to the Steelers, so be it. It is better to lose to the best than beat the worst. If they fight hard and lose, I will still be proud.

If they get thru the Steelers, I hope they play the Ravens. After that it does not matter as SF, NO, GB, DET and the Giants are all tough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Bengals, Broncos or Steelers who do want to play and why:
    [QUOTE]I want the toughest team which appears to be the Steelers.  I want them to earn everything they get. Playing tough teams is the way to do it.  If they lose to the Steelers, so be it. It is better to lose to the best than beat the worst. If they fight hard and lose, I will still be proud. If they get thru the Steelers, I hope they play the Ravens. After that it does not matter as SF, NO, GB, DET and the Giants are all tough.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]
    Games against good opponents in which the Pats win will only increase their stature for the SB and winning it.  If they can beat the Steelers and the Ravens, both with D's better than any NFC rival other than the 49ers, this would bode well for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

[QUOTE]I want the toughest team which appears to be the Steelers.  I want them to earn everything they get. Playing tough teams is the way to do it.  If they lose to the Steelers, so be it. It is better to lose to the best than beat the worst. If they fight hard and lose, I will still be proud. If they get thru the Steelers, I hope they play the Ravens. After that it does not matter as SF, NO, GB, DET and the Giants are all tough.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I like this attitude.  Bring em on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Steelers won't beat us, revenge game, and better to face a tough team before baltimore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I guess I'm in the minority here.  I want the Broncos.  Second choice would be the Bengals.
    I don't care to play the toughest teams.  The Lombardi trophy is the same no matter who you play.
    I liken this to the 1994 49ers.  They were a #1 seed but got to play a wild card team in the 2nd round.  Then they avoided the AFC #1 in the SB, leading to a rout of the Chargers.  People will remember you won the SB, but years from now the opponents along the way are forgotten.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You people are crazy! I understand the enthusiasm though. Like years past, it'd be great if they beat whoever was in front of them.

I want the bengels 100%. Going through Pitt and then Balt is VERY tough. Cincinatti will just be happy to be there and should be an easy victory. Just my opinion. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I agree Squealers then Ravens and if the winds are blowing in the right direction a revenge SB agianst the Giants or Packers but a total beat down of the giants would be good for the soul!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Of course we should be saying the lesser opponent - but don't think that will work out like that.  I see Hou winning, and the Steelers this weekend, which would mean, Pitt coming here.  

The Pats are playing at home, I expect them to win! no matter who they play. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Part of me wants Pitt, I want the revenge game and I want to beat the best in a tough game before Baltimore. Then again I think we would crush Denver In a rematch, I mean seriously who cares how bad your secondary is when tebow passes it <10 Times a game.....and you know the offense is putting up points, no way they can keep pace. I think we'd crush Cinncy, but who knows. Either way I'll be there next Saturday night at Gillete, and Sunday i plan on having no voice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I would prefer Bengals or Broncos ( allegedly lesser teams) if only to make it easier to shred the one( albeit at home) and done onus that is the prevailing attititude of all the pundits.
    If we win the first one then the next home game opponent is in trouble ... and also the NFC oponent in the SB!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

its a playoff confidence thing!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Bengals, Broncos or Steelers who do want to play and why:
    [QUOTE]We'll crush both the bengals and broncos so either of them, the steelers are a tough out even with the injuries.
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

first off, i'm glad to see you're back and i hope you're doing better and i'll leave it at that because you said you wanted privacy

i'm torn

(option 1) easiest matchup to break the young guys' playoff virginities / get this 1-and-done monkey off of our backs

(option 2) toughest matchup to avoid being favored / battle-test the roster / get revenge on the Steelers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Cincy could be a tougher match-up than some think.  I haven't seen them play an awful lot this year, but in the little I've seen, I've been impressed with their receivers and surprised by the relatively high quality of both their offense and defense.  I think their inexperience makes them an easier opponent than the Steelers, but I don't think they'll be the pushovers we've come to expect from past Bungles teams.  Denver, of course, is a pushover . . . but I doubt there's any chance we'll face them.  Unless the injuries at Pittsburgh are more devastating than I thought, the Steelers should win that game relatively easily, I think.  Tebow is easy to stop if you contain him and don't overpursue . . . and he really won't beat you with his arm.  Denver's defense looked good earlier in the season, but it's given up a lot of points recently--and if you contain Tebow well, you don't need to score a lot of points anyway. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

We can kick any of them to the curb.  Just keep those Ravens away - Ray Rice, those receivers, and our sefenceless D scare the s**t out of me!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think Cincy could be a tougher match-up than some think.  I haven't seen them play an awful lot this year, but in the little I've seen, I've been impressed with their receivers and surprised by the relatively high quality of both their offense and defense.  I think their inexperience makes them an easier opponent than the Steelers, but I don't think they'll be the pushovers we've come to expect from past Bungles teams.  Denver, of course, is a pushover . . . but I doubt there's any chance we'll face them.  Unless the injuries at Pittsburgh are more devastating than I thought, the Steelers should win that game relatively easily, I think.  Tebow is easy to stop if you contain him and don't overpursue . . . and he really won't beat you with his arm.  Denver's defense looked good earlier in the season, but it's given up a lot of points recently--and if you contain Tebow well, you don't need to score a lot of points anyway. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Pro.... Well spoken

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SXPTSCLTSRULE. Show SXPTSCLTSRULE's posts

This is not even close.  The Broncos & Bengals stand zero chance of beating the Pats in the RAZR.  However, the Steelers are one to be concerned about.  They can and basically need to air it out based on injuries.  They can exploit the Pats weakness better than any other team in the AFC playoffs.  Luckily big Ben is hobbled pretty badly (I have had that same 3rd degree sprain back when I was in my 20's and it took 4 months and lots of PT to recover.  You are frankly better off breaking you ankle than suffering that injury as it is extremely painful).  He won't be able to scramble and throw which is really his game.   Pats beat any of the three.  No "one and done" this year.  We will take our chances in the AFC Championship game but in reality the Pats have little chance of beating the Ravens in the Championship game especially if they get down early. The Ravens are really the class of the AFC who are finally ready to make that final step to the SB.  Unless of course Ray Rice gets hurt, crazier things have happened.