BenJarvus Green-Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis

In Response to BenJarvus Green-Ellis:
    He got so little playing time yesterday.  Strange because the Patriots won super bowls with runnin backs pounding the football. I would love to know what % of plays he was actually on the field for. He would go out there - run for 6 yards and then sit the bench for 5 plays - made very little sense to me. I realize that BB liked the match-up problems that Woodhead creates - but I think it was a mistake to change his role from the Kevin Faulk-3rd down role to FEATURED back and #1 offensive option. BJGE should have been given more carries.  I'm not sure that BB wasn't trying to be too clever - or even worse:  he may have been trying to stick it to the Jets by featuring their waiver-wire cast off. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

More proof we need an experienced OC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You'd think that someone would have noticed the 7 dropped back in zone coverage and said "Let's pound it with BJGE and force them to stop that crap"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

In Response to Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis:
    In Response to BenJarvus Green-Ellis : More proof we need an experienced OC
    Posted by Evil2010

The 2010 Pats ranked in the Top 10 all time in points scored in a season and were coming off 8 straight games scoring 30+ points.  I'd say that was being pretty productive.

The main issue I have had with NE in recent seasons is not so much their pregame scheming and game planning.  They normally have been very good and then execute well and score a lot of points.

The problem has been when the scheme for a particular game is not effective they don't do very much to adjust and come up with a PLAN B.  When it was clear the Pats were going to clog the middle of the field in zone coverage and not blitz, the Pats should have run more routes to the flats or along the sidelines in addition to having Brady rollout to force the defense to move.  They also could have overloaded one side of the field (like the Jets were doing) to create more receivers to cover than their were defenders in the zone.

But they didn't, so the Jets D could man their posts, not have to worry about Brady scrambling or rolling out, and basically frustrated Brady and the offense for most of the game.

The biggest head scratcher was the nearly 8 minute drive running the ball in the 4th quarter down by two scores and not running a no huddle offense.  That one still makes little sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Productivity in the regular season is almost irrelevant.  You still need defense and Running to win play off games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It made absolutely no sense.  Brady was complete confused and taken out of his comfort zone.  So naturally our non coordinator coordinator continues to drop Brady back to be sacked instead of pounding the rock to set up pay action.  Just another playoff gag job to follow up last years gag job.

At least our non coordinator coordinator is consistent when it come to F**King up the biggest games of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Jets practically playing prevent-defense...

A quincy back would have made big yardage...

Zones_medium

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

In Response to Re: BenJarvus Green-Ellis:
    Productivity in the regular season is almost irrelevant.  You still need defense and Running to win play off games.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

NE had 113 rushing yards to 120 for the Jets.  That doesn't look like a big area that cost the Pats the game.

The defense IMO did ok considering that the Jets started 4 drives in Pats territory (resulting in 3 TD).  Only one drive starting on the Jets side of the field resulted in points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You're right the Pats played a great game yesterday. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I was screaming RUN THE BALL all first half. Pats were getting 5 yards a pop, yet Brady was 5 wide on 2nd and 5, and a 3rd and 2 (which went incomplete). Apparently Pats forgot they had a 1000 yard rusher on the team.....

Sections
Shortcuts