Benny all but gone.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Benny all but gone.

ESPN's Bill Williamson and Scouts, Inc.'s Matt Williamson both believe free agent BenJarvus Green-Ellis would be a good fit in the Chiefs backfield.

The notion gained popularity hours after Rotoworld's Evan Silva tweeted that the fit made sense due to Green-Ellis' history with GM Scott Pioli, familiarity with Brian Daboll's offense, and the short-yardage prowess to complement to Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs have plenty of cap room, and both Jackie Battle and Thomas Jones are free agents. Agent Joel Segal told PFT Live Tuesday that he's had "on and off" discussions with the Pats over a new contract for BJGE. - rotoworld.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Benny all but gone.

I agree he would be a good fit, that doesn't mean he's gone though. It all depends what they offer him and what the Pats would be willing to offer back. Then of course it's always up the BJGE in the end

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think KC gives Benny more money, not by much but more.  He also see's vereen and Ridley in the wing.... I think KC the better opportuity for him.  He is a legit number 2 there, and I am not sure he would be that in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

With your reasoning Welker should be all but gone because he could fit in any team. Why don't you try that bait and switch title to get you some clicks if that is what you are after. One rumor monger dreams up a rumor, another likes it and you say it is all but done. Yet the agent mentions contract talk with the Pats are in progress.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Benny all but gone.:
    [QUOTE]With your reasoning Welker should be all but gone because he could fit in any team. Why don't you try that bait and switch title to get you some clicks if that is what you are after. One rumor monger dreams up a rumor, another likes it and you say it is all but done. Yet the agent mentions contract talk with the Pats are in progress.....
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

New England didn't spend 2 of their first 4 picks on WRs last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You butt hurt?

3 reason why Benny could be gone.

1.  A Second rounder name Vareen
    2.  A third round named Ridley, who did takeover feature back before fumbles.
    3.  A team with a lot of cap space that needs to compliment their feature back with a downhill runner that has never fumbled.

3 Reasonings why your Welker anagolgy fails miserable.

1.  Welker cannot fit on 'any' team.  Eg. Dolphins and San Diego.  TB does use Welker unlike other QB's.
    2.  There is no replacement for Welker yet, Edleman not the answer.
    3.  Pats very thin at WR.

Also.. cannot compare BJGE to an elite slot WR

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benny all but gone. : New England didn't spend 2 of their first 4 picks on WRs last year.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Who was your No. 1 RB all of last season? And did Riddly prove to be a No. 1 RB last year? Yes a second and third pick were spent on RB but we retired 3 thirty something RB's at the same time. When was the last time you saw only 3 RB's on this team especialy run by a second year starter? Listen to reason not the rumor mongers that will be picking away every piece of this team for the next couple months.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]You butt hurt? 3 reason why Benny could be gone. 1.  A Second rounder name Vareen 2.  A third round named Ridley, who did takeover feature back before fumbles. 3.  A team with a lot of cap space that needs to compliment their feature back with a downhill runner that has never fumbled. 3 Reasonings why your Welker anagolgy fails miserable. 1.  Welker cannot fit on 'any' team.  Eg. Dolphins and San Diego.  TB does use Welker unlike other QB's. 2.  There is no replacement for Welker yet, Edleman not the answer. 3.  Pats very thin at WR. Also.. cannot compare BJGE to an elite slot WR
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Your reasoning is Vareen who hasn't played a lead roal in a single game yet replaces BJGE? Riddly who has NOT started as a feature back as of yet, and was not trusted to play in the playoffs because of fumbleing will replace BJGE who has NEVER fumbled yet. And some one who has a lot of cap space will spend a lot of it on a back up RB to complement their starter. Don't the Pats have in excess of 26 mill. with carry over from last year, that seams like a lot of cap space to keep their starter.
    This is bordering on delusional. Then you retort that their is NO team that would be more interested in Welker than BJGE, Common Man!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Welker isn't replaceable, BJGE is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Stays or goes I wish the kid the best of luck.  He's Patriot way all the way, just does his job doesn't complain and trusts his coach to put him in the best situation possible.  If KC gets him they get a heck of a RB, I'm a huge Benny fan part of what he's done on the field but more so they type of kid he has been.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really don't think he is all but gone unless the Patriots have a plan to bring in a major running back, like Foster!   But I really don't see that happening.  Sure Ridley shows signs of being a nice back for the Patriots, but we have yet to see Vareen perform.  BJGE, while he isnt a Adrian Peterson, he certainly isn't a Lawrence Maroney.  BJGE is a solid, trustworthy back who hit the 1K mark for a season a couple seasons ago.  They keep BJGE on a two - three year deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

BJGE has what, 26 TDs in last 2 seaons and has never fumbled ( Pros and college). he is a 1000+ yd guy.He will still be the Pats #1 RB, he wont be THAT GUY at KC ... Jamaall Charles!.  Also remember these names :

John Stephens  might have been good if not for beach flag football
    Regie ( no yard) Dupard
    Leonard Russell
    Laurence Maroney

these guys all had potential    Vereen? Ridley?  still unproven

I like the proven product.

I would think BB does too.

But all things said it comes down to the $.

Is there still the "tender offer" , " restricted FA " in the new CBA that would let the Pats have the opportunity to match an offer?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]BJGE has what, 26 TDs in last 2 seaons and has never fumbled ( Pros and college). he is a 1000+ yd guy.He will still be the Pats #1 RB, he wont be THAT GUY at KC ... Jamaall Charles!.  Also remember these names : John Stephens  might have been good if not for beach flag football Regie ( no yard) Dupard Leonard Russell Laurence Maroney these guys all had potential    Vereen? Ridley?  still unproven I like the proven product. I would think BB does too. But all things said it comes down to the $. Is there still the "tender offer" , " restricted FA " in the new CBA that would let the Pats have the opportunity to match an offer?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

John Stephens made the pro bowl then was sent packing by Parcells. Your thinking of Robert Edwards who tore his knee up playing beach flag football

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He's gone because he is a bleh RB. Unless he signs for a huge discount he is history around these parts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benny all but gone. : John Stephens made the pro bowl then was sent packing by Parcells. Your thinking of Robert Edwards who tore his knee up playing beach flag football
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

My bad  Edwards was the guy!    he was the UGA RB , back then you couldn't go wrong drafting them 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Maybe pats send one of their twos for jonathan stewart from carolina?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Pats stand pat at RB, with BJGE,Woodhead, and prospects Riddly, and Vareen. With healthy OL and LB's no need for FB. Maby a UFA on the PS for possible future development.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If we let benny go and don't make a move for at least a B running back I am afraid we might never run the ball again.

Ridley looked ok this year but it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside to go into next year with Ridley,Vareen or Woodhead picking up the blitz for Tom Brady.

Then again our team obviously isn't concerned about Brady getting hurt at 35 as we just threw the ball over 600 times.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

BJGE has a very small history with Pioli who has been gone just about as long as BJGE has been here.  Additionally, BJGE was an UDFA, not a draft choice which was Piloi's job here as GM.  They may have passed each other in the hall on occasion in 2008 but I doubt that the connection makes it likely that he will be in Kansas City.  On that basis, I see this post as pure speculation based on ephemera...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude is Maroney lite.  He sucks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I thought his agent already said they have began discossusions on a new contract w the pats, they obviously want him back

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]The dude is Maroney lite.  He sucks.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

You a crack head?  The guy is solid - very good and dependable.  Troll comment jass!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Heis not spectacular but servicable.  Hopefully they will not break the bank to bring him back.  He is more a full back short yardage type.  He does not have the breakout game changing capability.  If another team gets into a bidding war he will be gone.  Vereen and ridley were drafted as the replacements for Faulk and BJGE.  Faulk had fumble issues in his early years. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

NOISE,

I started a discussion about Stewart rumors a few days ago. I live in the Charlotte area and there's been talk here about interest from the Patriots in him. However, they keep mentioning a first and I don't believe there's any chance NE gives that up. It's just a starting point. I'm looking hard for something in print to post here. Haven't found it yet but they're talking about it on radio some. Where there's smoke there's fire. Keep reading and listening.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts