Benny is consistent

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Benny is consistent

In response to RockScully's comment:

Seek it.  You shouldn't be this angry coming off that shift at 7-11, Pezzy.

Haven't even been to a 7-11 in years.

What is it that you do again other than spend 24/7/365 on BDC? 

Is there a job title for that?    Bwahhhahhhaaa

Do you ever wonder why you have no job, no friends and no life and every one hates you?  What is your purpose for living?   Guess negative attention is better than none.

But only you would know that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the personal attacks is a bit much for a sports forum.

as for the OP, benny isnt a great running back, but these threads are just way too played out. he actually played pretty well today when he got the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Do you ever wonder why you have no job, no friends and no life and every one hates you?  What is your purpose for living?   Guess negative attention is better than none.

Hilarious. I attended the Wake vs Duke game today at Cameron Indoor for FREE.  My buddy got me in.

You're an idiot.

Sure you did.  And then you scurried back home so you wouldn't miss 15 minutes of posting on BDC.  And which buddy would that be?  Rusty grisswold or the Burger king dude or maybe it was neil page?  LMAO@U

Phoney and fraud!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Hilarious. I attended the Wake vs Duke game today at Cameron Indoor for FREE.  My buddy got me in.

You're an idiot.

that was you?!

there was this guy sitting behind Coach K telling him how to coach and screaming all game "run the ball! run the ball!"

hey u got good seats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Oh yeah and Mayo is really terrible, all his peers that voted him to an All Pro team were wrong.

I never said Mayo was terrible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Come on, Wozzy. You're smarter than that.

He is without a doubt smarter than you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

It's almost like it wasn't Benny at all who made that 29 yard run, maybe it was a clone, isn't that his WEAKNESS that he doesn't make long runs... until he makes them, and then it's no thanks to him.  

Long runs aren't Benny's weakness. He has had runs of 29 or better as a Patriot. His weakness is his inconsistency. You just can't count on him to be a steady 4.5+ guy. That's what you need to keep the run viable. It sets up more possibilities as the series of downs progresses. A 12 yard run and a 1 yard run don't help you like a couple of 6 yarders do with establishing the run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

as for the OP, benny isnt a great running back, but these threads are just way too played out. he actually played pretty well today when he got the ball.

4.15 yards a touch. That's not "pretty well". He had one good play. The rest was pretty dismal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the issue with Benny WAS his one long run. He should have taken that to the house but he did not have the speed. same Benny that was here, half to one step too slow. Cant make a defender miss, seeks contact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

the issue with Benny WAS his one long run. He should have taken that to the house but he did not have the speed. same Benny that was here, half to one step too slow. Cant make a defender miss, seeks contact.

I had the same impression rkarp. Seemed like the whole right side of the field was clear of defenders. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Tough to figure this one out....

Look at the stats for the game...Cinn trailed in TOP, first downs, only 1-9 on third down conversions, Dalton messed up many critical throws,

And somehow, BJGE, who had decent stats, is why Cinncy went home?

BJGE played very well for us and was a solid team player. I have nothing but respect for him and wish him the very best in his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I had the same impression rkarp. Seemed like the whole right side of the field was clear of defenders. 

That was known about him going into all this.  What was in question was making him a feature back.   Due to his lack of speed you have to weigh other factors to decide if you risk it with him. I'm sure his durability and ball security played in cincy signing him as an interm back. Cincy is a run first team look to see them grab a back high in the draft and sign a FA running back in the off season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the real run that pissed me off was on that third and two late in the game...Dalton audibled (which took a half hour for him to do) and then the magical play turned out to be a toss sweep!! A toss sweep with Benny?!?!?! The funny part is that it was there, it was open, but Benny had to do one thing to make it work...make a cut...not going to happen. So insted of him taking advantage of the absolutely beautiful hole that turned out to be there (props to Dalton on that one) he ended up getting only a yard:(  I screamed at the TV on that one, because I had seen it at least 80 times the year before with us - the play is there and the guy can't make that one cut without losing his quickness and it's over. I thought last year that Benny probably left 200 yards on the field on that very play for us last year and it happened yesterday. Awful.

The two screen plays in the first half that went for loses hurt too...killed drives...killed momentum..killed the chances of them putting up points. I'm not saying Benny was the reason they lost - that would go to Dalton, but Benny once again proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he doesn't make a difference. Even that long run he had (which was totally blocked perfectly by the way) should of went for more...a lot more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The most important 1st down run of the year, for 2 years in a row now, the dude gets stuffed for -1 setting the drive up for failure.  Benny being Benny.

you've been hanging around with babe too long. Most of the time a back gets stuffed behind the line it's the fault of the O-line not the back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabePariIIi's comment:

In response to RockScuIIy's comment:

It's beyond ridiculous that a few Washers and Irrationals still haven't learned the game.  Hopefully Brady won't gag in January/February so that the Pats can win a 4th SB.

Junior, you always seem to ignore the fact that The Great One led this offense to a scoring drive in the waning minutes of both Super Bowls and yet the Defense BLEW IT!!!

Do you think it's a coincidence that BB invested his whole draft trying to shore up our awful defense?

LMAO@U

Standard Babe idiocy. Apparently Brady is the only QB ever to play the game that can put together a late scoring drive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

4.15 yards a touch. That's not "pretty well". He had one good play. The rest was pretty dismal.

Yes, 11 runs for 63 yards equates to a 4.15 YPC average.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Topic discussed ad nauseam.  The Pats play in a week fellas.  Time to kill?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Topic discussed ad nauseam.  The Pats play in a week fellas.  Time to kill?

I guess so.  

It's the same old garbage spewed by people who don't appreciate any current or past Patriots player unless their name is Tom Brady.

I think it would be best if for now on we started to ignore these foolish threads who put down our current and past players.  It's sickening.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Irish,

Too right.  A season of Benny threads...the last I checked the Pats let the guy walk and he's somewhere in Ohio. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Yes, 11 runs for 63 yards equates to a 4.15 YPC average.  

I llove how Babe is on here pushing this "YPC thing over and over, and when BJGE gets one over 4 yards in limtied carries in a low scoring game, somehow he changes his tune on how to analyze an RB.

He also just used the word "dismal". When desperate they use adjectives that don't really apply to what happened. So obvious.

Johnnie Cochrane would be proud, but that's about it. Maybe Ray Lewis's attorney.

If one of Babe's previous measurements no longer suits his agenda, he'll spin it into something else and demean the player that way.  It's sick.  I really don't get it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Irish,

Too right.  A season of Benny threads...the last I checked the Pats let the guy walk and he's somewhere in Ohio. 

Yupp.  I'm happy for Benny and will always appreciate what he did here as a player and also as a person.  We now have 2 young, promising backs that are going to help lead us to another Super Bowl.  I couldn't be more satisfied.

Sections
Shortcuts