Benny was all effort, but is not indestructible: 3 fumbles in last 30 carries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Benny was all effort, but is not indestructible: 3 fumbles in last 30 carries

mike reiss:

. Former Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis was known for his ball security during his time here, so how do you explain this: He has three fumbles in his last 30 touches with the Bengals. One theory is that Green-Ellis is getting more carries in Cincinnati and it's one the coaching staff seems to think has some validity. As Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com wrote this past week (link here), Green-Ellis might see a reduction in workload with Bernard Scott returning to health.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Benny was all effort, but is not indestructible: 3 fumbles in last 30 carries

Hmmmm. Ridley fumbles at beginning of career when he had no offseason, but has DRAMATICALLY increased his ball security this year.

BJGE does not fumble in entire NE career, leaves, and promptly starts coughing it up with regularity.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say this is more of BB's genius at work!

The universe always balances things out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Benny was all effort, but is not indestructible: 3 fumbles in last 30 carries

I think Benny will see a reduction in work load not because of his fumbles, but becasue he's not very good. Plain and simple. He's not giving the Bengals much as a runner and they probably realize the same thing Belichick did...the guy is a back up...back ups shouldn't be starting.

Good guy, try hard, doesn't fumble (at least he never used to), but just nothing more than back up material. Nothing wrong with that - unless he's starting.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why is that crazy Reiss talking about former players? That's what several of our regulars cried about when I posted to the Benny Watch.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how BB has a plan in place and how the player he lets go, he has someone just like him (generally speaking, most of the time) to move forward with.

BB weighed his picks and a roll of the dice investment in Bolden like he did with BJGE coming in for 2008, and it's paid off handsomely so far, and that's without the need for Vereen so far.

Just fantastic management and scouting as well.  BJGE is likely trying a bit too hard out in Cincy.  All the best to a classy, quality RB in this league.

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah he had a plan.

Maybe even you got an inkling of that when he spent 2 high draft picks on RBs a couple of years ago despite having Benny.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

Just give it up.  I do think it's odd how BJGE has all of a sudden fumbled after leaving NE. Coincidence, IMO.  But, we'll see.   Cincy is playing well and I think BJGE can help them in many ways, while not being overly priced for them in their budget. Cincy is an up and coming team.  Some issues on D for sure, but they're young and getting better.

[/QUOTE]

It's not coincidence, it's coaching.  The Bengals have one of the least disciplined teams in the NFL, the Patriots one of the most.  Ball security is all about discipline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

That;s no different than how he's already treated the RB position. He goes for more RBs and goes cheaper, hoping to hit, knowing that's a sexy position, so when FA comes, with BJGE getting a nice offer, BB can already have people place.

He's been doing that the whole time, not just when BJGE was about to be a FA.  My lone concern was leaving a known commodity with BJGE and then turning it over to a kid like Ridley.

I'm a Ridley guy. I feel the Bolden thing absorbs the BJGE loss.  This is a good thing.

You act like everything is black and white, Babe, which shows a lack of intelligence/critical thinking on your part as we know.

Just give it up.  I do think it's odd how BJGE has all of a sudden fumbled after leaving NE. Coincidence, IMO.  But, we'll see.   Cincy is playing well and I think BJGE can help them in many ways, while not being overly priced for them in their budget. Cincy is an up and coming team.  Some issues on D for sure, but they're young and getting better.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah that's exactly what Bill did when he signed Corey Dillon to a multi million dollar deal...Fred Taylor too...or when he extended Antoine Smith or paid Eric Metcalf like no other third down back had ever been paid...or when he suggested to Parcells they had to have Curtis Martin.

You sure you went to college? And listen - you're suppossed to SELL those X Ray machines and Cat scan machines...not turn thm on and radiate yourself. Dumb.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Benny will see a reduction in work load not because of his fumbles, but becasue he's not very good. Plain and simple. He's not giving the Bengals much as a runner and they probably realize the same thing Belichick did...the guy is a back up...back ups shouldn't be starting.

Good guy, try hard, doesn't fumble (at least he never used to), but just nothing more than back up material. Nothing wrong with that - unless he's starting.    

[/QUOTE]

hes a third back to me, and preferably on another team.