Benny watch, 10 games.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Benny watch, 10 games.

In response to Patsman3's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Due to popular demand, the Benny watch continues.

Big week for Benny. He was way over the top on his 3.4 ypc season's average, getting 4 ypc yesterday. Brought his average all the way up to 3.5 ypc. The NFL average per carry is about 4.2 btw. And he's only averaging 1.1 ypc less than Ridley.

Right now he has the 7th most rushing attempts, and is 16th in total rushing yards.

Got to hand it to you Babe - here you are posting a Benny thread even when Benny has a good week and you're still getting slammed. It's funny, but people confuse the fact that no one is saying Benny wasn't a try hard/nice guy...all we are saying is that he wasn't very good and he was no reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands. Same thing that Belichick told everyone this summer...if he had a guy that warranted additional carries, he would of gave the guy additional carries. Simple.

Funny thing is in 2010 Benny's stats were the following:

229 carries  1,008 Yards, 4.4 yards a carry and 13 TD's

Sounds pretty good to me.  2011 the stats dip some but he still added 11 TD's.

Seems like Ridley is on that pace this year.... Not seeing the big difference.  Benny also has been healthy his whole carrer and Ridley already missed a full season....

Ridley already missed a full season?? News to me. Ridley I think is on pace for something like 1400 yards - that a big difference from 1000. And I wouldn't call it a bib deal scoring 11td's when you have three tries running from the one yard line. Seriously, how many times has Benny scored from beyond the 10 yard line or even the five yard line? Benny was the guy no one was worrying about stopping on this offense, yet his big season was barely making it over 1000k yards...not too impressive for 16 games.

Last season Benny did a little more than dip...there were 27 runners that had more yards than him and there were 47 running backs that had a better ypc average. That's about as unimpressive as you can get. Belichick had 29 million in cap space to spend this off season, he didn't offer a single dime of it to Benny...come to think of it there were 31 other teams that didn't either. They all knew what they were doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Big week for Benny. He was way over the top on his 3.4 ypc season's average, getting 4 ypc yesterday. Brought his average all the way up to 3.5 ypc. The NFL average per carry is about 4.2 btw. And he's only averaging 1.1 ypc less than Ridley.

Right now he has the 7th most rushing attempts, and is 16th in total rushing yards.

Got to hand it to you Babe - here you are posting a Benny thread even when Benny has a good week and you're still getting slammed. It's funny, but people confuse the fact that no one is saying Benny wasn't a try hard/nice guy...all we are saying is that he wasn't very good and he was no reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands. Same thing that Belichick told everyone this summer...if he had a guy that warranted additional carries, he would of gave the guy additional carries. Simple.

Seems like Ridley is on that pace this year.... Not seeing the big difference.  Benny also has been healthy his whole carrer and Ridley already missed a full season....

Ridley already missed a full season?? News to me. Ridley I think is on pace for something like 1400 yards - that a big difference from 1000. And I wouldn't call it a bib deal scoring 11td's when you have three tries running from the one yard line. Seriously, how many times has Benny scored from beyond the 10 yard line or even the five yard line? Benny was the guy no one was worrying about stopping on this offense, yet his big season was barely making it over 1000k yards...not too impressive for 16 games.

Last season Benny did a little more than dip...there were 27 runners that had more yards than him and there were 47 running backs that had a better ypc average. That's about as unimpressive as you can get. Belichick had 29 million in cap space to spend this off season, he didn't offer a single dime of it to Benny...come to think of it there were 31 other teams that didn't either. They all knew what they were doing.

The Pats got rid of Green-Ellis because Ridley and Vereen are more talented and (Ridley, at least) had a season of experience underneath their belts. It was clearly the right decision, but it is not just cause to bash Benny and his contributions. He was an average player with an all-pro's heart...society at large could use more like him.

As far as Benny "more than dipping" last year, please recall that he played almost the entire season with a turf toe injury. I've never had one, but my understanding is you have to be one tough hombre just to walk with one, never mind play professional football. Prior to last season, Benny had a career average of 4.24 per carry. Impossible to think such a debilitating injury did not have at least some effect on his performance.

As for now, you simply have to account for the change in systems and O-lines.  In 2010, BJGE ran for 4.4 per carry, while Steven Jackson ran for just 3.8. Does that mean Benny was really a 16% better back than Steven Jackson in 2010? Of course not. Jackson was a bull who ran for more than 1,200 yards. But Benny benefitted from a very talented Pats O-Line, one much more talented than Jackson's, so his stats showed the results. Benny does not enjoy that privilege this year.

Which kind of makes the whole "Benny watch" idea superfluous, if not ridiculous. At best, his Pats versus Bengals perfomance is an apples versus oranges comparison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

The Pats got rid of Green-Ellis because Ridley and Vereen are more talented and (Ridley, at least) had a season of experience underneath their belts. It was clearly the right decision, but it is not just cause to bash Benny and his contributions. He was an average player with an all-pro's heart...society at large could use more like him.

As far as Benny "more than dipping" last year, please recall that he played almost the entire season with a turf toe injury. I've never had one, but my understanding is you have to be one tough hombre just to walk with one, never mind play professional football. Prior to last season, Benny had a career average of 4.24 per carry. Impossible to think such a debilitating injury did not have at least some effect on his performance.

As for now, you simply have to account for the change in systems and O-lines.  In 2010, BJGE ran for 4.4 per carry, while Steven Jackson ran for just 3.8. Does that mean Benny was really a 16% better back than Steven Jackson in 2010? Of course not. Jackson was a bull who ran for more than 1,200 yards. But Benny benefitted from a very talented Pats O-Line, one much more talented than Jackson's, so his stats showed the results. Benny does not enjoy that privilege this year.

Which kind of makes the whole "Benny watch" idea superfluous, if not ridiculous. At best, his Pats versus Bengals perfomance is an apples versus oranges comparison.

You know I just don't get the whole..we need to respect his contributions stuff. I'm sure he's a super nice guy, probably throws 50 bucks into the Salvation Army basket at Christmas, but that doesn't mean the raging debate of why we didn't run more last can't go on.

Turf toe? Now it's his line? How about this...he wasn't drafted for a reason. He had a good year once in his career because no one knew or cared who he was - once they found out, it didn't take long to figure how to stop him. The guy runs a 4.7...he can't catch..he can't get outside, he can't cut without losing the little amount of speed he has..and he doesn't break tackles unless he builds up a full head of steam. I'm sure he spends time doing cross word puzzles at the old age home on Saturday nights, but it doesn't mean he is a guy that we should give the ball to. I'm sure he's not reading this and getting wicked sad either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

You know I just don't get the whole..we need to respect his contributions stuff. I'm sure he's a super nice guy, probably throws 50 bucks into the Salvation Army basket at Christmas, but that doesn't mean the raging debate of why we didn't run more last can't go on.

Turf toe? Now it's his line? How about this...he wasn't drafted for a reason. He had a good year once in his career because no one knew or cared who he was - once they found out, it didn't take long to figure how to stop him. The guy runs a 4.7...he can't catch..he can't get outside, he can't cut without losing the little amount of speed he has..and he doesn't break tackles unless he builds up a full head of steam. I'm sure he spends time doing cross word puzzles at the old age home on Saturday nights, but it doesn't mean he is a guy that we should give the ball to. I'm sure he's not reading this and getting wicked sad either.

Dude, turf toe was never his line. It's what the team reported all last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

but it is not just cause to bash Benny and his contributions. He was an average player with an all-pro's heart...society at large could use more like him.

I have never bashed Benny. It's others that have overrated him which has been the root of the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Were you right in there saying this when his fan club here was crowing from the rooftops after his first game this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No, I'm talking about his current offensive line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to Neal Page's comment:

the majority of the board sees you as a 61 year old closet queen stuck in there with a vast array of Brady dolls.

It's disturbing. Flat out disturbing.  If you want to be Jeffrey Dahmer with dolls and lustful thoughts ot athletes, that's your business. Don't make it ours.

Your insanity worsens junior. You keep talking about "we" or "us".

Here's a clue. The "voices" you hear are not real people. Just like your fake accounts aren't real people.

No, it's really the many here who cannot stand you and think your little crusade to wildly protect Tom Brady's legacy in this little pocket of the interwebs is PATHETIC for a 60+ year old adult.

The only "many" I see here that revile anybody is the multitude that revile you junior. I am a faint shadow of you in that regard. Mamma mia you are as dense as they come. You probably actually believe your own BS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I also hear the wind resistance levels are much higher in Cincy - the wind that comes off the lakes really slow the runners down (except for Corey Dillon). Apparently the wind also carries more moisture - which adds weight - you can't expect Benny not to be slowed by this.

Add that into the fact that he might have some sort of mysterious injury, and you can see why he is doing poorly. And of course his offensive line MUST be taken into account...injuries don't happen in football. Yeah you could say that he has a pretty good passing game to take the heat off of him, but then you would just be forgeting the moisture in the air!

Wind resistance? Wow. Just put Jim Brown in his prime downwind of Rusty's yap and he wouldn't get one yard a carry.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The extent to which some Pats' fans can be anal is astonishing. It's one of the BIG reasons the fanbase is so hated. Certain suspects overrate guys like Benny, Edelman and Chung and the rest of the team's fans just roll their eyes.

And if you try to be objective about it as a fan those same suspects savage you for not joining in with the overrating.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Were you right in there saying this when his fan club here was crowing from the rooftops after his first game this year?

I have never crowed from the rooftops about him. I don't think he's as good as his strongest supporters, and I don't he's as bad as his worst critics.

He's a humble guy, with limited talent, who gets the utmost out of his talent. So I credit him for that. I may even prefer it to someone like a Dez Bryant, who has a world of talent, but only scratches the surface of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

No, I'm talking about his current offensive line.

Oh, got it.

To be honest, I've only seen one Bengals game from start to finish, this year. In that game, their line was atrocious. They probabaly are not as that every week.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I have never crowed from the rooftops about him. I don't think he's as good as his strongest supporters, and I don't he's as bad as his worst critics.

He's a humble guy, with limited talent, who gets the utmost out of his talent. So I credit him for that. I may even prefer it to someone like a Dez Bryant, who has a world of talent, but only scratches the surface of it.

My question was... were you in the thread calling it "superfluous, if not ridiculous" when Benny fans were crowing about his first good game with the Bengals?

I have said numerous times, I like Benny, I even admire Benny, he is a good NFL backup RB. Nothing more.

This thread is not about Benny!!! It's about lunkheads who overrate players then cry like a wench when it's pointed out they were wrong. You know, the - we can get a 2nd round draft pick for Hoyer - Edelman is as good as Welker - Meriweather is the second best safety in the AFC - we are all set when Brady goes; we got Mallet - types.

Sections
Shortcuts