Benny Watch cancelled.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Benny Watch cancelled.

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get the Benny watch nor the Benny criticism? Benny played well here, well enough to earn a contract that set him up for life, with a playoff team. The Pats decided not to match, feeling they had better and less expensive alternatives. This is not Benny's fault, nor does it detract from how he played nor carried himself as a true professional in a Pats uniform. 

I am sure the Bengals are happy they have Benny, as are the Pats happy they are not paying that coin for a RB, with their current RBs playing well. 

Based on all that has transpired, why does this deteriorate into criticism of Benny? He is one of the more humble, hard working and friendly players to pass thru the locker room, still having many, many friends in the area both on the team and in the media. Benny was and is a role model for players named Fletcher, Bolden, Tarpinian and Francis. 

[/QUOTE]

Nobody dislikes Benny.  The reason this has taken on a life of its own is because last year a certain group of posters kept criticizing the coaches for not running the ball more with Benny and for subbing Woodhead for Benny too much.  Most of them claim that utilizing Benny in the Super Bowl more would have resulted in a win.  

A lot of us (including me) said the coaches were using Benny about right given his skills and talents.  Our thought is that Benny is a serviceable running back, a guy who will reliably get the yards that are available on a play, but who won't create a lot of yards on his own. I think the Pats used him fine last year and people just think they should have utilized him more because (1) they don't realize how much they really did use him and (2) they forget that a lot of times they did use him, he got short gains, which means they had to go back to passing. They weren't necessarily ignoring Benny, they were just finding themselves in too many situations where handing the ball to Benny didn't make much sense. 

The Benny watch was created to see if Benny's performance in Cincy would prove which group of posters was right about how Benny was utilized (or not ultilized) in New England.  I think it's inconclusive, because Cincy is a different team. Benny, though, continues to average less than 4 yards a carry, which seems to confirm that he's not a guy who is going to create a lot of yards on his own and therefore will never be a guy who you can build game plans around.  He's a complementarty player, not a guy you highlight.  

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the part where that certain group came rushing in after Benny had a decent start to the season to say, "I told you so". But when he started to suck, they vanished. I just thought we should make a special observance of his sucking as well as his successes.

It's like I said all along, Benny is a so so starter and a good backup.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't forget the part where that certain group came rushing in after Benny had a decent start to the season to say, "I told you so". But when he started to suck, they vanished. I just thought we should make a special observance of his sucking as well as his successes.

It's like I said all along, Benny is a so so starter and a good backup.

[/QUOTE]

You were also exposed earlier when I posted a link about how Cincy lost 2/3rds of its O Line in camp.  So, it;s not surprising they needed to build some chemistry. Now, they have, BJGE has also improved.

Fact is, you hate contexts and truth and purposely ignore facts to suit whatever your agenda is.

[/QUOTE]

Be real junior. Your "contexts" are simply excuses you try to offer instead of facts.

"Now they have"???? He just averaged less than 1 ypc against the Steelers genius.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The best part of this thread is how people like Hurlie see BJGE not leaned as much and Brady is worse without him leaned on, yet he can't figure out why that's the case.

Moss is dealt in 2010, Brady leans on BJGE, BJGE rushes for 1000 yards, has 13 TDs, doesn't fumble, NE's D leads the NFL in turnovers created and Brady only throws 4 INTs all year, ZERO aafter the Moss trade (yes I know he threw one on a Hail Mary before halftime vs Baltimore).

So, with these facts known, you'd have to be a moron to mock BJGE/not appreciate what his play meant for Tom Brady.

Don't look now, but the lack of commitment to a run game and keeping Brady in a shotgun more than he should, running more Woodhead based plays, means better odds for a LOSS, not a win.

NE never lost a game with BJGE used as a lead back.  Fact. Yet, we see inbreds like Hurlie clamoring for 40+ passes, Woodhead used too much and a loss. My god.

Find the help you need and please stop displaying mental illness here.

[/QUOTE]

You make me laugh, not in a funny type of way, but more like a nervous...wow this guy is walking around free on the streets?? Type of laugh.

Yeah Brady "leaned" on a undrafted free agent running back. LOL!!!! Uhm, I got news for you, this football. They're are running backs in an offense and sometimes those runners have to run with the ball (forward preferably). Don't confuse that with Brady "leaning" on anybody.

And you really have to stop using this "mock" word...the, you mock me, they mock this one or that one. What do think this is? This is not a dark alley in Chicago in the 1940's here. This a football discussion board...Benny is not going to get sad. 

And another thing - no one is running around here saying we want Brady throwing 40 plus times a game, it's just that we want him to hand the ball off to a above average runner (something Benny was/is not).

[/QUOTE]

He makes me laugh in the way Barney Fife makes me laugh.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

You two make me laugh in a combo between Pee Wee Herman and Jack Nicholson's chracter in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest kind of way.

[/QUOTE]

Hey junior. Tell us again about how the rebuilding of the defense was complete at the start of last season. I never get tired of laughing at that one!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You two make me laugh in a combo between Pee Wee Herman and Jack Nicholson's chracter in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest kind of way.

[/QUOTE]

Hey junior. Tell us again about how the rebuilding of the defense was complete at the start of last season. I never get tired of laughing at that one!

[/QUOTE]

The base was, sure. And that's what I said.  Mayo, McCourty, Spikes, Nink, yep.  Good base.
    Complementary pieces like Love, Dane Fletcher as well were also nice little pick ups as UDFAs, that BB likes.  Heck, even Arrington as a nickel on the inside plays well there. Nice nickel.  

Infusion pieces aka the bells and whistles with 2 1st rd picks this year (as predicted) solified the overall mini rebuild through the draft on D.  Dennard is a bonus.    

I am thrilled with the base and what he added to top it off this year.  Why a nice young D trending up, the youngest in the league with SB experience, is a bad thing and funny to you, I have no idea.

[/QUOTE]

Spare us the revisionist history. BB just spent virtually his whole damned draft on a defense you said was rebuilt a year before that..... and not only that, he traded up twice in the 1st round to top it off! He went "all in" for the D you had said was a "mission accomplished". Then he trades mid-season for a bad boy CB which he starts immediatly to further mock your inpet conclusion.

I was correct and you were wrong on that, just like on Cassel and just like on Benny. And just like I'm right every time I go up against you. Then you pathetically pull some "context" out of your rump to try and save face. LMAO@U

I love to watch you lie and squirm junior. Learn the game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

there is no way Benny could have helped in SB 46 last February.

[/QUOTE]

Take that up with Belichick junior.... and.... Learn The Game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Fact is, you got exposed. BJGE had a nice little year and Andy Dalton's passing skills didn't open up ANY rushing lanes for BJGE this year like you claimed Brady's prowess did here.

[/QUOTE]

Fess up junior. What the hell is WRONG with you? You have been shown over and over and over that Benny is not even an average NFL starter, yet you still hopelessly flail away trying to spin it differently.

What more do you need to know than the fact that 26 NFL defenses give up more yards per carry than Benny averages? TWENTY SIX GIVE UP MORE PER CARRY THAN BENNY GETS! Learn The Game.

The Pats have the 7th best run D in the NFL, and they give up more per carry than Benny gets! Learn The Game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

There is an unhealthy obsession in this place to a) track former Patriots players who left here through trades or as FAs (BJGE, Samuel, Ty Law, others) and slam their contributions since they aren't here anymore (good riddance eh?) or b) track other Patriots players who were jettisoned and who aren't producing to say "...see, he was finished and BB is a genius for letting him go".  BJGE got a good contract to be a slightly above average running back in Cinci.  He wasn't getting that money here. Even though he gave the team some good years they went in another direction.  

What is it with some of you that you just can't let it be?  I know what your reasons are, but just know that it gets really old.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If the Pats face the Bengals in the first round (a likely scenario) what are we most worried about, Benny against our front 7 or AJ Green against our secondary? Here's a hint: I bet we're not putting eight in the box . . .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fact is, you got exposed. BJGE had a nice little year and Andy Dalton's passing skills didn't open up ANY rushing lanes for BJGE this year like you claimed Brady's prowess did here.

[/QUOTE]

Fess up junior. What the hell is WRONG with you? You have been shown over and over and over that Benny is not even an average NFL starter, yet you still hopelessly flail away trying to spin it differently.

What more do you need to know than the fact that 26 NFL defenses give up more yards per carry than Benny averages? TWENTY SIX GIVE UP MORE PER CARRY THAN BENNY GETS! Learn The Game.

[/QUOTE]

Please rate, in order, Brady's best SBs as a Patriot.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Brady has played very well in every SB he has played. He has overcome adversity at times, such as a poor running game, poor protection and key injuries, including his own.

In 2011 Brady was superb. Despite having his prime weapon who scored one third of the team's offensive TDs hobbled, a weak running game and having an inordinate number of possessions due to a D that couldn't get off the field, he still managed 2 TD passes.

In 2007 Brady was superb. Despite again, a weak running game and taking many sacks and hits he still manged to throw a late TD to take the lead, despite playing on a bad wheel, only to see the D give up 14 points in the 4th quarter to lose it.

In 2004 Brady was superb. A strong running game helped him to throw 2 TDs.

In 2003 Brady was superb. He threw 47 times with a so so running game, and won a wild shootout with the Panthers.

In 2001 Brady was superb. Great running and no mistakes plus a D that held the GSOT in check won it all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You guys should get a room. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is an unhealthy obsession in this place to a) track former Patriots players who left here through trades or as FAs (BJGE, Samuel, Ty Law, others) and slam their contributions since they aren't here anymore (good riddance eh?) or b) track other Patriots players who were jettisoned and who aren't producing to say "...see, he was finished and BB is a genius for letting him go".  BJGE got a good contract to be a slightly above average running back in Cinci.  He wasn't getting that money here. Even though he gave the team some good years they went in another direction.  

What is it with some of you that you just can't let it be?  I know what your reasons are, but just know that it gets really old.    

[/QUOTE]

There would be no discussion if people simply admitted the fact you just pointed out. Though, substituting "below" for "above" in your sentence is more accurate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Take a hike doggydoo. Nobody asked you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I hate that about some of our fans. And, the thing is, other fanbases notice it and it makes us come off as bitter and angry, which I can see.  It's really pathetic, especially going after someone as hardworking and as classy as BJGE.

If we could just eliminate this part of our sports teams' fanbases, it would be great.  

[/QUOTE]

You just don't "get" anything, do you junior? The people who are now saying Benny is average... listen closely... SAID IT WHEN HE WAS HERE! And guess what? The facts say they are exactly right.

It's not a matter of downplaying him because he plays somewhere else now. Dense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats face the Bengals in the first round (a likely scenario) what are we most worried about, Benny against our front 7 or AJ Green against our secondary? Here's a hint: I bet we're not putting eight in the box . . .

[/QUOTE]

Yup

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't change the fact that we win the SB if that above average RB was used more in the SB for us to win the game, though.

[/QUOTE]

Junior, I told you.... TAKE THAT UP WITH BELICHICK.

For me, I'm going to trust him to run the team more than I would trust you to do it. LMAO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Take a hike doggydoo. Nobody asked you.

[/QUOTE]

Poor Babe.