Benny Watch cancelled.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Benny Watch cancelled.

In response to RockScully's comment:

lol

Sometimes the truth hurts, Babe. Brady failed and played his WORST SB as a Patriot, when he could have handed it off more and been a better game manager with our best lead back in 2011 (BJGE).

You're nuts junior. Brady played well. The run game stunk and the D couldn't get off the field to give the O a normal number of possessions. Played right into the Giants' hands with that D which gave up so many yards all year (that you think doesn't matter). Junior, learn the damned game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You guys should get a room. 

Take a hike doggydoo. Nobody asked you.

Poor Babe. 

Nothing poor about me doggydoo. I'm not so pathetic I'm trolling another team's board and my sports hero didn't assault anybody so that I have to try to spin such despicable behavior as a college prank.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That doesn't change the fact that we win the SB if that above average RB was used more in the SB for us to win the game, though.

Junior, I told you.... TAKE THAT UP WITH BELICHICK.

For me, I'm going to trust him to run the team more than I would trust you to do it. LMAO

Wow, what a comeback.  BB, the best coach and GM ever, is a better choice than me.  Wow!  What a prolific statement, Babe.

I'll take it up with Brady's worst INT of his career, poor execution at the start and end of SB 46, thanks very much.

You're the one who keeps questioning BB's game decisions junior, not me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

There is an unhealthy obsession in this place to a) track former Patriots players who left here through trades or as FAs (BJGE, Samuel, Ty Law, others) and slam their contributions since they aren't here anymore (good riddance eh?) or b) track other Patriots players who were jettisoned and who aren't producing to say "...see, he was finished and BB is a genius for letting him go".  BJGE got a good contract to be a slightly above average running back in Cinci.  He wasn't getting that money here. Even though he gave the team some good years they went in another direction.  

What is it with some of you that you just can't let it be?  I know what your reasons are, but just know that it gets really old.    

There would be no discussion if people simply admitted the fact you just pointed out. Though, substituting "below" for "above" in your sentence is more accurate.

That doesn't change the fact that we win the SB if that above average RB was used more in the SB for us to win the game, though.

lol

Sometimes the truth hurts, Babe. Brady failed and played his WORST SB as a Patriot, when he could have handed it off more and been a better game manager with our best lead back in 2011 (BJGE).

Dude dude dude...you really can't be serious here. He played his worst SB as a Patriot in 2011??? The guy would of won the MVP hands down if we had won that game...christ he was probably in the running even though we lost! He had one of the (if not the) longest scoring drives in SB history during THAT game! He was 7 for 7 for a scoring drive. He had to start from the worst field position on almost every single drive during that game. I don't think I can recall any other team that had to start so burried in their end every single damn possesion.

And if you watched that game there is no way in hell you could possibly think Benny could of helped that team in the second half...no way in hell. He nearly got himself decapetated on a run in the second half. The Giants were destroying our pass and run blocking - those defensive linemen are some of the longest arm guys in football. There was one particular drive were Benny just killed the whole thing by little to no gain at a crucial moment...it just killed it.

Good for Benny - he made himself a good chunk of change and will be living comfy as some high school football coach in a few years....he'll probably end his career with 4-5k yards worth of running (not bad). He seems smart, so hopefully he's not blowing that cash, but in no way was this guy going to help us win a Super Bowl. He's the definition of JAG.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

lol

You're nuts junior. Brady played well. The run game stunk and the D couldn't get off the field to give the O a normal number of possessions. Played right into the Giants' hands with that D which gave up so many yards all year (that you think doesn't matter). Junior, learn the damned game.

Our own QB got off the field very quickly MANY times. Once with a Safety on ONE play to open the game and again on a 1st down pass to Chase Blackburn in Giants territory, except Blackburn plays for the other team.

I just watched the Gronk ESPN interview and they show a clip of him hobbled in the SB and they show that play.  The angle used makes Brady's INT look even worse than it appeared!  Gronk stopped, waited for 3 seconds and looked up trying to gain position to bat it down. It was AWFUL.

YOU learn the game.  Tossing wild throws and bad decisions in close games is not a good thing for a team.

All QBs throw picks junior. Brady just happens to throw less than all of them.

Glad to see you finally keying in on Gronks bad judgement though. 3 seconds and he lets the guy take the ball. He should have leveled him before he even caught it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

There is an unhealthy obsession in this place to a) track former Patriots players who left here through trades or as FAs (BJGE, Samuel, Ty Law, others) and slam their contributions since they aren't here anymore (good riddance eh?) or b) track other Patriots players who were jettisoned and who aren't producing to say "...see, he was finished and BB is a genius for letting him go".  BJGE got a good contract to be a slightly above average running back in Cinci.  He wasn't getting that money here. Even though he gave the team some good years they went in another direction.  

What is it with some of you that you just can't let it be?  I know what your reasons are, but just know that it gets really old.    

There would be no discussion if people simply admitted the fact you just pointed out. Though, substituting "below" for "above" in your sentence is more accurate.

lol

Dude dude dude...you really can't be serious here. He played his worst SB as a Patriot in 2011??? The guy would of won the MVP hands down if we had won that game...christ he was probably in the running even though we lost! He had one of the (if not the) longest scoring drives in SB history during THAT game! He was 7 for 7 for a scoring drive. He had to start from the worst field position on almost every single drive during that game. I don't think I can recall any other team that had to start so burried in their end every single damn possesion.

And if you watched that game there is no way in hell you could possibly think Benny could of helped that team in the second half...no way in hell. He nearly got himself decapetated on a run in the second half. The Giants were destroying our pass and run blocking - those defensive linemen are some of the longest arm guys in football. There was one particular drive were Benny just killed the whole thing by little to no gain at a crucial moment...it just killed it.

Good for Benny - he made himself a good chunk of change and will be living comfy as some high school football coach in a few years....he'll probably end his career with 4-5k yards worth of running (not bad). He seems smart, so hopefully he's not blowing that cash, but in no way was this guy going to help us win a Super Bowl. He's the definition of JAG.

It is simply mind boggling that junior bashes Brady like this. Brady has carried this team on his back for years, and junior trashes him and praises slugs like Benny, Chung and Cassel.

There really ought to be a law aginst it, it is sooooo wrong.

There is no Patriots' fan on earth that deserves Mallet more than Rusty.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Speaking of Benny and the Super Bowl, what do folks think of Benny's two-yard run on first down (start of a drive) with 6:37 left in the third?  Was it a smart decision to cut back inside there or should Benny have continued to the outside with his blockers even though there were defenders on the outside?

This is a serious question, by the way.  But if we're going to really ever end this debate, we need to look at actual plays . . . 

This is a good one to start with, I think. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You guys should get a room. 

Take a hike doggydoo. Nobody asked you.

Poor Babe. 

Nothing poor about me doggydoo. I'm not so pathetic I'm trolling another team's board and my sports hero didn't assault anybody so that I have to try to spin such despicable behavior as a college prank.

Poor Babe.  BTW, Brady didn't play a good SB, and his reckless safety at the beginning of the game changed the course of the game entirely.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Exactly. I hate that about some of our fans. And, the thing is, other fanbases notice it and it makes us come off as bitter and angry, which I can see.  It's really pathetic, especially going after someone as hardworking and as classy as BJGE.

If we could just eliminate this part of our sports teams' fanbases, it would be great.  

So, who started this thread, rusty?  Guess you must hate yourself too, Right?  Exposed Fraud!

Benny Watch

posted at 12/13/2012 08:36:11 EST

• RockScully
    • First: 12/04/2012
    • Last: 12/27/2012

Congrats to BJGE for going over 1000 yards on a 40 yard burst, setting up your team for 1st and goal and finishing that opening drive with a TD. 

All that with 3 starting OL down for the year.  Very impressive.  I wish we used him in the SB.

Babe has just been moved to the watch ward on the east wing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Speaking of Benny and the Super Bowl, what do folks think of Benny's two-yard run on first down (start of a drive) with 6:37 left in the third?  Was it a smart decision to cut back inside there or should Benny have continued to the outside with his blockers even though there were defenders on the outside?

This is a serious question, by the way.  But if we're going to really ever end this debate, we need to look at actual plays . . . 

Was he subbed in for that play?  Answer that one first. Actually, before you do...Pull the data. I want a percentage of how many runs he had for this team when he wasn't subbed in v.s. subbed in for an obligatory run.

If memory serves he only had like 2 more carries total than Woodhead, which is the problem.

As I said, it was the start of a drive.  Go back and watch the first half.  Benny was in for the vast majority of plays in that half.  I'd have to go back and count to give you the number you're asking for, but if anyone was "subbed in" during the first half it was Woody, not Benny.  Benny was in on the vast majority of run and pass plays in the first half. 

Still, you don't need all these facts and figures to watch the play . . . it was a simple question.  One doesn't need a stat manual to answer it. 

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Exactly. I hate that about some of our fans. And, the thing is, other fanbases notice it and it makes us come off as bitter and angry, which I can see.  It's really pathetic, especially going after someone as hardworking and as classy as BJGE.

If we could just eliminate this part of our sports teams' fanbases, it would be great.  

So, who started this thread, rusty?  Guess you must hate yourself too, Right?  Exposed Fraud!

Benny Watch

• RockScully

Congrats to BJGE for going over 1000 yards on a 40 yard burst, setting up your team for 1st and goal and finishing that opening drive with a TD. 

All that with 3 starting OL down for the year.  Very impressive.  I wish we used him in the SB.

What?

I was responding to the idea that people BASH former players who are no longer here.  So, you think me congratulating a former player is somehow the same?  Are you Forrest Gump?

Do you have any idea how dumb you look showcasing what is arguably the WORST reading comprehension anyone has ever seen?lol

Instead of following me around pretending I am contradicting myself, try slowing down and actually reading to understand concepts within a discussion.

My god. You seem to think it's a good thing to promote stupidity.

Matt05 just slapped you yesterday for your embarrassing education level and that wasn't enough?  

Matt was slapped back and should have stuck to his not defending you.  How many times does Brady throw a game?  According to you it's 20   (10 for welk and 10 for Hern)  plus a few scraps for the back-ups. Exposed Fraud.

Posting a retort to the Benny watch thread is keeping it going,  DUH.  Didn't you just agree to how ridiculous it was? 

Every one else is wrong right, Queenie?

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I would truly love to see some of that second half again (then again it's too painfull to watch). If I could see that play again I would probably say Benny had no choice but to run it straight ahead for two - Benny could not bounce anything outside - he just loses whatever speed he has when he has to make a cut. I really thought in terms of pure run blocking that last year was one of the better ones I had seen from our line, yet they were blocking for a guy that just wasn't very good. Look at some of the holes that were there on the outside while Benny was running for us last year...not sure if it was more a situation where the defense knew he couldn't get out there or not though. Benny was the type that would/could only get what was blocked perfectly for him - there was no wiggle room for error. How many runs in his career did this guy have that you could say...wow, that was amazing!! That was all him. 

In response to mthurl's comment:

lol

You think he played better in SB 46 than he did in SB 36?  His stats show us more in SB 46, but his PLAY in SB 36 is why he earned that MVP trophy. He played so well withiin the gameplan and then leading that drive with people like JR Redmond, Charles Johnson, Jermaine Wiggins, or Fred Coleman  on that roster is insanely impressive.

The majority of those players around Brady in SB 36 quickly fell out of the NFL just a couple of years later. Think about that.

Meanwhile, last year, even without a healthy Gronk, he's got to All World Guards, Matt Light at LT, Vollmer and SOlder at RT and a good player in Connolly up front. He has BJGE and Woodhead two different RBs, Branch, Hernandez and Welker as his receiving options.

That is MORE than enough of a quality base offense to not be taking a Safety in the FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME or tossing that ill advised INT, never scoring in the game again, etc. That high throw to Welker is the capper.

If he did that to Troy Brown in SB 36, we probably don't win SB 36.

You will not find anyone here, outside of your psycho Brady Washers, to say that he was better in SB 46 than 36. Outrageous premise.

Subbing in RBs for obligatory runs has nothing to do with BJGE. It has to do with Woodhead a better option in the shotgun spread formation and Brady preferring that (documented proof via 2010 WEEI interview) formation.

If Brady hadn't gotten his preference and was told to get under Center, and we're going to  hammer the rock with a 17-12 or 17-15 lead, we win the SB.  Yes. Yes we do.

I do think he actually played better in this past Super Bowl - he had to do much much more because of the defense we had to put on that field. Super Bowl 36 was won by our defense...the defensive game plan is in the Hall of Fame. Brady will get the credit for playing with nerves of steel during the last two minutes of that game (and it's part of his legacy), but in reality he only had to make maybe 4 difficult throws in that game. The team was good was good enough where he didn't have to do much more than that - that no longer was the case last year.

I'm stunned that someone who watches football as much as you doesn't see it like this. I really think you are not realizing just how good THAT defense was compared to the one we now have. I'm also stunned just how little weight you are putting to the importance of a team's defense - we win that game if our defense could of gotten off the field or created a turn over.

Benny Watch

• RockScully

What?

I was responding to the idea that people BASH former players who are no longer here.  So, you think me congratulating a former player is somehow the same?  Are you Forrest Gump?

Do you have any idea how dumb you look showcasing what is arguably the WORST reading comprehension anyone has ever seen?lol

Instead of following me around pretending I am contradicting myself, try slowing down and actually reading to understand concepts within a discussion.

My god. You seem to think it's a good thing to promote stupidity.

Matt05 just slapped you yesterday for your embarrassing education level and that wasn't enough?  

Matt was slapped back and should have stuck to his not defending you.  How many times does Brady throw a game?  According to you it's 20   (10 for welk and 10 for Hern)  plus a few scraps for the back-ups. Exposed Fraud.

Posting a retort to the Benny watch thread is keeping it going,  DUH.  Didn't you just agree to how ridiculous it was? 

Every one else is wrong right, Queenie?

Hopefully, Brady has never "thrown" a game like you just said, Jizzdispenser, er, I mean Pezzdispenser.

Yes, Hernandez was targeted 9 times in the JAx game, with Welker over 10.  Yes. 20 targets.

That's a lot just to two people. I prefer Brady spreading it around more because he won't throw 2 INTs in a game, almost losing games for us, if he does.

Only you would think Matt didn't just slap you, too.  He mocked your horrendous understanding of the English language, so as you can see, it's not just me who sees your low IQ. lol

Ummmm Hern was 1 for 5 in the jax game.  Wrong again Fraud.   Brady throws more than 40 times a game.  So that means the other 20+ attempts are scraps for the bench?

Get real!  We all know you meant Welk and Hern get 20 each and the remaining few are scaps for the bench.  Exposed liar and fraud!

You lied and got caught AGAIN.  Try being a man or woman and admitting it for once in your pitiful existence..

• Sections
    Shortcuts