1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Benny Watch cancelled.

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

More spinning.  Rusty says above (and I quote):

"I'll wager with you RIGHT NOW on this premise.  Right now. Take the bet. We will lose if we don't turn to a lead back, limit the subbing of that back and don't establish some version of a run game by the 2nd qtr."

Then he says:

"That's not the bet. The bet has been stated here very clearly for anyone to take for like 2-3 months.

"Here is the wager which can be applied from here on out including Sunday, since Miami's D is a quality D enough to be considered "good".

"My premise is this:  We lose if Brady throws 40+ times v.s. good or great Ds.

"This means if he throws more than 40, and we win, you win the bet.  If we lose, with him over 40, I win."

So, the bet has changed.  But let's analyze Rusty's second wager, since he does repeat that one over and over.  There's a reason why anyone who really understands football won't take this bet. Those of us who know football know that, unless you're the Lions, you generally don't go into a game planning to throw 40 or more times.  Generally, you end up throwing this much for one of three reasons:  (1) your running game is not working well so you have to try something else to get first downs, (2) you end up in a lot of second and long or third and long situations and are therefore forced into throwing by down and distance, or (3) you are behind in the second half and need to pass in order to score fast. All of these are bad things that mean your chance of losing the game is higher.  But the important thing to note is that the 40+ throws are generally not something you game plan for.  Going into the game, you generally aren't planning to throw that much (there are rare exceptions, of course, such as when the other team has a terrible pass defense and a strong run defense, for instance). Generally, the 40+ throws are a reaction to things not going well during the game, to situations that develop that force you into throwing a lot.  Simply put: the 40+ throws are usually a consequence of bad situations developing. They aren't something you game plan to do--they are something you are forced to do by the situations you find yourself in.    Generally, they are symptoms of the team struggling. So of course, the chance that a game will be a loss when 40+ passes are thrown is higher than when fewer than 40 passes are thrown.  The reason, though, has nothing to do with planning to throw that many times or Brady being a spoiled brat who wants to throw all game from the shotgun.  It is simply a symptom of the Pats being in bad situations that require them to pass a lot. It proves nothing about the game plan or the play calling.    It's a non sequitur.  An oversimplification.  A distraction.  Which is why no one takes Rusty up on his bet.  

How has my bet changed? It's the same bet!  Your backpedaling is pathetic, dude.

What's even more pathetic is that these 40 passes USUALLY come when we have a lead in the game.

Do not force me to post the games that show this since 2005. The reason why you and the other blowhards aren't taking the bet is because you know I am right and you will lose the bet this Sunday, because you TOO, don't trust Tom Brady with how he runs the offense.

You have no balls and no spine and this proves that. You can fly in to every home game you want, Prolate, but your Brady homerism has blinded you from the truth.  Did you ever tell us when you started with your season tickets? lol

It's utter and complete CRAP that he gets to 40 throws when things aren't going well. A 21-3 lead in Buffalo up to 21-3 in a pass happy, 4 INT game for him, is WHY I realized what this main problem was with this offense and why I am still destroying you in this debate 18 months later!

It doesn't matter what game we lost or barely won since 2005 where he threw 40 times, because almost all of them occurred when we had leads. LEADS.

His INTs and other 3 and out disasters with obsessive passing BY CHOICE, BY CHOICE of Brady, in his preffered shotgun spread base, is not because he was "forced" at all.

That's a flat out lie.

Take the bet or forever be known as a coward and disingenuous fan here.

Please post those stats.  I'd love to see them.  Go ahead, coward and liar,  Do it!

Also post all the losses where they were ahead in the 4th and the D blew it. 

Here, I'll make it easier for you.  Just list all the losses where the Pats weret ahead in the 4th and the D didn't blow it.  Thanks

How about you just think back to the 2009 season where we didn't score any points (or very few, maybe a FG) in the second halves of games that year after we blew leads.

@ NY, @ Denver or @ Miami.  The only game where he didn't go over 40, was in Denver.

You would have won this bet in that instance.

Look at vs Dallas or the NY Giants last year.  Tied at halftime vs NY, but he threw 2 INTs. In the Dallas game he tossed THREE INTs with a lead and only his own great play on the last drive, allowed us to luckily win.

This doesn't even count the 3 and out disasters in succession. 

I could go on and on and on.  2006 AFC Title game.  Our only points scored? Came off an Ellis Hobbs 80 yard return to set up the lone score in the second half.  No lead back was used and the run game was all but abandoned by the end of the first half.

40+ passes.

Shall I keep going?

SB 42, SB 46, AFC title game, 2010 playoff loss to the Jets, we had a lead but abandoned the run once Brady threw that stupid INT to BJGE on the first drive. Woodhead started getting looks as if he is some kind of a lead back. lol

Also, it was only 14-11 NY after the 3rd qtr, so it's not like the game was out of hand whatsoever.

Post the stats  that prove the Pats throw 40 or more times while ahead and not losing, or shut it. 

Go ahead and prove yourself not a liar and fraud for once.  Can't do it can you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No, because I don't think the number of passes says anything important about anything.  Generally, they plan to throw about 55% of the time (last year it was closer to 60%).  That percentage may change with the team they are facing.  Sometimes, they'll plan to throw a little more if they think the team is more vulnerable to the pass than to the run, sometimes they'll throw a bit less if they think the team is easier to run against.  The amount they actually throw, though, depends on game situations.  And situations aren't really predictable ahead of time, so betting on number of passes is meaningless.  In football, the situation is everything.  (You've heard Belichick talk about "situational football" before right?) The number of passes thrown only makes sense if you look at the situations the team found itself in.  The number divorced from anything else is just meaningless. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like I told you junior, find a game where Brady threw 40+ times that we lost and the run game was being effective; let's say 4.5 ypc or better from the backs. You can't because they don't exist. Amaze us and find one game out of say the last 80!

There's your bet bucko. Take it or be forever branded a kookoo for cocoa puffs buffoon.

With all due respect to Russ (that's hard), using 4.5 yards per carry as the measuring stick for an effective run game is a pretty high standard.  Currently, only 9 teams in the NFL have that kind of a stat.  I wouldn't equate all others as ineffective.  In 2011, there were only 8 (25% of the league).  In 2010 and 2009, only 7. 

Not to call you out, but its one of your more common tactics which is to set challenges that can't be met then claim victory. 

Thank you. A 4.5 YPC average is for RBs like Adrian Peterson.   Or, when we blow out a BAD defense, which doesn't reflect my premise (I've said for 18 months "good or great Ds").

Thanks for helping me expose why they are total pansies on this topic.

My bet is more than fair and reflects my premise and theirs.  They have sat here over a year and said 40+ passing in a game is irrelevant.

Now, they are claiming it's where the games called for more passing neeed due to NE trailing.

Maybe we're trailing because Tommy Boy  has thrown mutliple picks and we go 3 and out constantly!

Ummm, no.  The Pats get more first downs and have the least 3 & outs of any team.  We are behind because the D gives up multiple TD passes over 20 yards every single game.

Now go get those stats for us.  We're waiting. 

Don't really want to jump into this but here goes. 

I am going to grant Pezz's stats about 1st downs and 3 and outs without looking them up.  But I do think I just looked up his stat about the defense giving up multiple TD passes over 20 yds every single game. 

If I have this correct, the pats d has given up only 5 tds (only Pitt is better at 4) of over 20 yds, and their longest TD given up (31 yds) is second best to only Houston. 

So Pezz may be right on one hand, but he trying feed a line of doo doo on the other.

Oh really?  They gave up 4 TD's over 20 to ATL alone.   That's only one game.  LMAO@U What a moron!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Like I told you junior, find a game where Brady threw 40+ times that we lost and the run game was being effective; let's say 4.5 ypc or better from the backs. You can't because they don't exist. Amaze us and find one game out of say the last 80!

There's your bet bucko. Take it or be forever branded a kookoo for cocoa puffs buffoon.

With all due respect to Russ (that's hard), using 4.5 yards per carry as the measuring stick for an effective run game is a pretty high standard.  Currently, only 9 teams in the NFL have that kind of a stat.  I wouldn't equate all others as ineffective.  In 2011, there were only 8 (25% of the league).  In 2010 and 2009, only 7. 

Not to call you out, but its one of your more common tactics which is to set challenges that can't be met then claim victory. 

Thank you. A 4.5 YPC average is for RBs like Adrian Peterson.   Or, when we blow out a BAD defense, which doesn't reflect my premise (I've said for 18 months "good or great Ds").

My bet is more than fair and reflects my premise and theirs.  They have sat here over a year and said 40+ passing in a game is irrelevant.

Now, they are claiming it's where the games called for more passing neeed due to NE trailing.

Maybe we're trailing because Tommy Boy  has thrown mutliple picks and we go 3 and out constantly!

Ummm, no.  The Pats get more first downs and have the least 3 & outs of any team.  We are behind because the D gives up multiple TD passes over 20 yards every single game.

I am going to grant Pezz's stats about 1st downs and 3 and outs without looking them up.  But I do think I just looked up his stat about the defense giving up multiple TD passes over 20 yds every single game. 

If I have this correct, the pats d has given up only 5 tds (only Pitt is better at 4) of over 20 yds, and their longest TD given up (31 yds) is second best to only Houston. 

So Pezz may be right on one hand, but he trying feed a line of doo doo on the other.

Oh really?  They gave up 4 TD's over 20 to ATL alone.   That's only one game.  LMAO@U What a moron!

Please prove to us the Pats are the best 3 and out team in the NFL.  I know they get the most 1st downs, but a lot of that is tied to our D getting a minimum average of 2 turnovers per game, upping the odds for that.

Please SOURCE your statement of us having the fewest 3 and outs on offense.

Thanks,

The Rest of the Board That Doesn't Have a 24 Hour Boner for Tom Brady

Ummm, they clearly said it during the broadcast of the game when we played The Texans and the 9ers but we know you are too hammered to listen and why would u question that??  I mean who would u thnk is better?? I mean we lead the league in scoring right so it is that hard to believe.....oh ya, forgot who I was talking to

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, if it's not important, why are you fearful of the 40 number then? You're a walking hypocrite. You are also completely gutless. I just lowered it down to 35 and you still won't take it?!!

Well, the odds are I'd win at 35, but I'm still not betting because I think the bet is stupid. 

My premise is the 40 pass barometer, really anything above 35, IS NOT MEANINGLESS.

Look, most games if they are going well are going to have somewhere between 30-40 passes.  When you start throwing more than that, usually something isn't working well.  Either the running game is stalling or the defense is giving up a lot of points.  So the number of passes is a fair barometer of whether the game is going well or not.  But if the game isn't going well and you need to pass because of the situations you are in, the answer isn't to pass less.  That's what you don't get.  There's no magic to the number 35, or 39, or 40 . . . game situations determine what you have to do.   

That's the point!    You are saying above it's meaningless, I take umbrage, and I am using a very simple parameter set to challenge you and defend my premise. I don't think it's "meaningless" at all. After doing research since 2005, looking at box scores of memorable losses or barely eeked out wins, seeing everyone thinking it's JUST our defense's fault, I realized how MEANINGFUL it really is. This is the point!

You're just wrong, though.  You're confusing a symptom with the disease. 

You can't just come in here, mouth off at the rate you have, be absolutely blasted in a debate, and then try to wiggle away. Have some decency, for chrissakes.

Do I need to count up the games in 2009 with 40+ passes, the peak of our awful ROI on the 40+ passing addiciton shotgun spread games, add in Weeks 1-4 with Moss and then show the difference of the ones less than 40 from Week 4 onto Week 17 in 2010, post Moss, to embarrass the living daylights out of you?

Do I need to do that?

I think you should look at every game in Brady's career and chart out every play and then start to draw conclusions.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Please prove to us the Pats are the best 3 and out team in the NFL.  I know they get the most 1st downs, but a lot of that is tied to our D getting a minimum average of 2 turnovers per game, upping the odds for that.

Thanks,

Without even having to go back and look, they pretty mention it in every game (if you watch them).  Every time they get a 3 & out, they say "the Pats only have xxx, 3 & outs...the best in the league.  Do you actually watch and listen to the games or are you too busy sticking pins in your TB voodoo doll?

No go ahead and post your stats that you said we shouldn't make you do. 

We all want to see them.  Hurry now!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Well, if it's not important, why are you fearful of the 40 number then? You're a walking hypocrite. You are also completely gutless. I just lowered it down to 35 and you still won't take it?!!

Well, the odds are I'd win at 35, but I'm still not betting because I think the bet is stupid. 

My premise is the 40 pass barometer, really anything above 35, IS NOT MEANINGLESS.

Look, most games if they are going well are going to have somewhere between 30-40 passes.  When you start throwing more than that, usually something isn't working well.  Either the running game is stalling or the defense is giving up a lot of points.  So the number of passes is a fair barometer of whether the game is going well or not.  But if the game isn't going well and you need to pass because of the situations you are in, the answer isn't to pass less.  That's what you don't get.  There's no magic to the number 35, or 39, or 40 . . . game situations determine what you have to do.   

That's the point!    You are saying above it's meaningless, I take umbrage, and I am using a very simple parameter set to challenge you and defend my premise. I don't think it's "meaningless" at all. After doing research since 2005, looking at box scores of memorable losses or barely eeked out wins, seeing everyone thinking it's JUST our defense's fault, I realized how MEANINGFUL it really is. This is the point!

You're just wrong, though.  You're confusing a symptom with the disease. 

You can't just come in here, mouth off at the rate you have, be absolutely blasted in a debate, and then try to wiggle away. Have some decency, for chrissakes.

Do I need to count up the games in 2009 with 40+ passes, the peak of our awful ROI on the 40+ passing addiciton shotgun spread games, add in Weeks 1-4 with Moss and then show the difference of the ones less than 40 from Week 4 onto Week 17 in 2010, post Moss, to embarrass the living daylights out of you?

Do I need to do that?

I think you should look at every game in Brady's career and chart out every play and then start to draw conclusions.  

All that fancy lawyer speak still won't get you out of it.

You know the 35 ceiling bet will favor you, it would force me to admit I am wrong and I leave the board for a week with you a hero (supposedly), and you still won't take it?

You're beyond gutless. My next post will be the box scores from 2009 and into Weeks 1-4 in 2010 with Moss and comparing Brady's exceedingly improved QB play post Moss trade, that will showcase you being 100% wrong on this topic.

Enjoy the extra bludgeoning!

OMG! What the he11 does that have to do with your ignorant premise that the Pats pass more over 40 when winning as apposed to losing?

Post the stats to prove THAT or shut the heck up and we will all be satisfied in knowing what a liar anf fraud you are.  Not that we don't already!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Thanks,

Without even having to go back and look, they pretty mention it in every game (if you watch them).  Every time they get a 3 & out, they say "the Pats only have xxx, 3 & outs...the best in the league.  Do you actually watch and listen to the games or are you too busy sticking pins in your TB voodoo doll?

No go ahead and post your stats that you said we shouldn't make you do. 

We all want to see them.  Hurry now!

"They pretty much mention it"?  Please SOURCE where you came up the statement, "they lead the NFL in fewest 3 and outs".

Source it or conceded you're making that up. They lead the NFL in 1st downs converted, that's it.

That's pretty simple to do as they have the highest amount of 3rd down and 4th down conversions by far.  Do you understand that if they are converting 3rd and 4th downs more than every one else, that means they have less 3 & outs than every one else?

Do you understand that if they have the most 1st downs then they have  to have the least 3 & outs, since it's impossible to have the most 1st downs if you are going 3 & out.

Now quit deflecting about something sooooo obvious and often quoted stat and put up or SU.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Everyone is done, everyone!! Pezz, prolate, rebate, babe, santa...you name it! Rusty won! Just ask him. If we throw the ball we lose...our defense is the best. Benny is the best...hell Jerod Mayo is the heavenly father himself...chung's his brother.

I can't even believe we're a legit NFL franchise with this QB throwing the ball we got...I feel for our D and previous runners (Benny, Fred Taylor, Morris). All these guys would be in the Hall of Fame if it weren't for that coach killing QB we have. It's a damn shame. And never mind guys like Brace, Butler, Haynesworth, Dowling, Ocho, Cunningham..they wasted their careers here! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ummm, I hate to break this to you, but that's not necessarily true. The two concepts are not inclusive. At all.

But, cheer up. Even though I just caught you lying, unable to prove your statement, which is a lie as I suggested, at least you get a chance to live your dream and tea bag Tom Brady.

You are the only liar here. And yes they are related as in you can't get 1st downs by going 3 & out.  Get it?

Three and Out Drives   Team Three and Out Drive Percentage Total Drives Three And Out Drives 1 New England Patriots 12.50% 176 22 2 Green Bay Packers 17.05% 176 30  

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2012/

NOW WHERE's YOUR PROOF???

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ummm, I hate to break this to you, but that's not necessarily true. The two concepts are not inclusive. At all.

But, cheer up. Even though I just caught you lying, unable to prove your statement, which is a lie as I suggested, at least you get a chance to live your dream and tea bag Tom Brady.

You are the only liar here. And yes they are related as in you can't get 1st downs by going 3 & out.  Get it?

Three and Out Drives   Team Three and Out Drive Percentage Total Drives Three And Out Drives 1 New England Patriots 12.50% 176 22 2 Green Bay Packers 17.05% 176 30

Where website is this from?

Moron, they could get 8 first downs in a row and then go 3 and out 5 times in a row.  If NE's D is getting them 2 and 3+ more drives on top of their normal possessions, and they are going 3 and out with those additional possessions, it's a bad thing, not a good thing.

Or, if Brady throws a drive away with picks.

Pathetic lying troll, the fact is they don't do any of that which is why they have the least in the nfl.  Their D is not getting them more drives.  The drive total for NE and GB are equal, dope.  Even with the obscene amount of picks you think TB has, they STILL HAVE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF 3 & OUTS.   Period!  You lose again.

I proved my point, still waiting on your proof or waiting for he11 to freeze over, which ever happens first.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Everyone is done, everyone!! Pezz, prolate, rebate, babe, santa...you name it! Rusty won! Just ask him. If we throw the ball we lose...our defense is the best. Benny is the best...hell Jerod Mayo is the heavenly father himself...chung's his brother.

I can't even believe we're a legit NFL franchise with this QB throwing the ball we got...I feel for our D and previous runners (Benny, Fred Taylor, Morris). All these guys would be in the Hall of Fame if it weren't for that coach killing QB we have. It's a damn shame. And never mind guys like Brace, Butler, Haynesworth, Dowling, Ocho, Cunningham..they wasted their careers here! 

Why isn't he taking the bet then? Why aren't you?  Go root for the Jets if you think they draft better than BB. All you do is mock BB and make excuses for Brady when he sucks in certain games like the AFC title game vs SF or last week.

You just excuse awful games by Brady and make excuses for him pretending our QB doesn't need to be good for us to win a SB. I give you an opportunity to show my premise is wrong and you run and hide like a little girl with stained panties.

Debuting scones tomorow in Home Ec, Hurlie? We all hope it goes well!

Bet? What bet? You don't honestly think I'm reading any of this stuff, do you? My God, I don't think anyone wants to sit here and argue with a madman all day...you're getting nuts.

Saying we are making excuses for Brady when he "sucks" in certain games is laughable. I hate to break it to you, but the guy even at his absolute worst has never "sucked". Watch some of the games around the league and you would pee your pants at some of the "suck" that goes on with qb's (Brady has never been that).

And how can I go decorate scones? You ever hear of Christmas break? I don't work this week:) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pezzy, Babe and Prolate all done. Done.

LMAO@U.. Never seen a person with such a distorted sense of reality.  EVER!!!!

Again, prove your ignorant statement or erase any minute doubt and forever be known as the liar and fraud that we all know you are.

Time to delete this account yet?  R.I.P

The mods delete my accounts, stupid. Prett sad that Underpants showed you up today, and Matt05 did it yesterday.

Neither wanted to support me, but your lying and behavior was bad, they had it. Ouch.

No one showed me up because you can't dispute the truth.  Liars like you are the only one's shown up.  FACT!

Sections
Shortcuts