Benny watch continued.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Benny watch continued.

You won't hear this from Babe but BJGE's pass blocking would have been useful Sunday. Vereen has been a no show since he joined the team and Woodhead is useless against a defensive lineman.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree

[/QUOTE]

You seldom disagree with yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Interesting that I put up Benny's numbers, just the facts, without comment, and a slew of his fans rush in like attack dogs as if I had offered an analysis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting that I put up Benny's numbers, just the facts, without comment, and a slew of his fans rush in like attack dogs as if I had offered an analysis.

[/QUOTE]
    Quit flattering yourself.  You aren't that special.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

Against the mighty Browns...

21 rushes for 75 yards, 3.6 yards a carry, no TDs, no receptions.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, good post Babe, nice to see how some of the former Patriots are doing.  I wish him well, he did a good job here but now we have a better back in Ridley. Not bashing BJGE just think that Ridleys better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seriously, if it's such a bad idea to sub in Woody, why has it been done under two different offensive coordinators?  There must be something that's making the OCs do this.  My (somewhat educated) guess on this is that Woody is still a better pass blocker than either BJGE was or Ridley is.  He may also understand the passing offense better and therefore be a better outlet receiver. 

I don't think our offensive coordinators (past and present) are that dumb to sub a guy who isn't contributing in some way.

Also, Woody's numbers aren't that bad.  It's just that he's not fast, agile, or powerful enough to regularly get more from a play than what the blockers/defense give him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously, if it's such a bad idea to sub in Woody, why has it been done under two different offensive coordinators?  There must be something that's making the OCs do this.  My (somewhat educated) guess on this is that Woody is still a better pass blocker than either BJGE was or Ridley is.  He may also understand the passing offense better and therefore be a better outlet receiver. 

I don't think our offensive coordinators (past and present) are that dumb to sub a guy who isn't contributing in some way.

Also, Woody's numbers aren't that bad.  It's just that he's not fast, agile, or powerful enough to regularly get more from a play than what the blockers/defense give him. 

[/QUOTE]

When they drafted Vareen I was like...what did they do that for? We already have a third down back in Woodhead - well now I know why - Woodhead is nothing special. It just goes to show you that there is more to these players than to the untrained eye - coaches see them in practice, on film, in games, in the weight room, etc. It probably also explains why Belichick decided not to even try to resign BJGE, despite having plenty of cap space to do so...he knew what he was capable of and it wasn't good enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe we should start a Brandon Tate watch too?   4 receptions, 74 yards and counting,,,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When they drafted Vareen I was like...what did they do that for? We already have a third down back in Woodhead - well now I know why - Woodhead is nothing special. It just goes to show you that there is more to these players than to the untrained eye - coaches see them in practice, on film, in games, in the weight room, etc. It probably also explains why Belichick decided not to even try to resign BJGE, despite having plenty of cap space to do so...he knew what he was capable of and it wasn't good enough.

[/QUOTE]

After the Maroney fail BB was pleasantly surprised to find a cheap somewhat serviceable back in Benny. That probably sufficed to keep him from dipping into the FA running back market. But he sure wasn't going to give any real money to the stop-gap Benny and his significant draft investment at the position shows he was just getting by with Benny as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

After the Maroney fail BB was pleasantly surprised to find a cheap somewhat serviceable back in Benny. That probably sufficed to keep him from dipping into the FA running back market. But he sure wasn't going to give any real money to the stop-gap Benny and his significant draft investment at the position shows he was just getting by with Benny as well.

You forgot about fragile Fred. Notice the fullback.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81572010/Taylor-TD-run

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8157328d/Taylor-scores-2nd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81575513/NFL-Scoreboard-Patriots-vs-Texans-highlights

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You won't hear this from Babe but BJGE's pass blocking would have been useful Sunday. Vereen has been a no show since he joined the team and Woodhead is useless against a defensive lineman.

[/QUOTE]

Probably Benny was better at that. Faulk was amazing. For his size he became a superb pass blocking back. The asset Falk provided on 3rd downs over the years is sorely missed on this team. He was like an ace in the hole.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You forgot about fragile Fred. Notice the fullback.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81572010/Taylor-TD-run

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8157328d/Taylor-scores-2nd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81575513/NFL-Scoreboard-Patriots-vs-Texans-highlights

[/QUOTE]

Fragile Fred wasn't too reliable for actually being able to play. I think BB was pretty frustrated with the FA market for RBs between him and Morris.

15. This post has been removed.