Benny watch continues.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Benny watch continues.

He wasn't a workhorse because the head coach ( a pretty smart guy I've heard) didn't want him to be or believe he could be, you choose. Despite playing an offense you despise (a good one) they have made 2 super bowls in the past 5 years. You absolutely hated McDaniels all last year and blamed everything on him and now he's your saviour. Thank goodness you have no say because the Mallet led Patriots would have been killed this past weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Right, and he was replaceable, but at least Weis used him. That's sort of the point here.  BJGE wasn't a workhorse for this team in 2010?  Maybe  he would have been a SB champ if a certain #12 didn't make a few huge mistakes?

And you're talking to a Ridley fan as well here.    BB replaces backs all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he wouldn't have even sniffed a SB without #12. Ever think of that?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Who cares. We're moving on

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Yeah, I did. Brady said he sucked in the AFC Title game and he was correct. God bless Spikes and Sterling Moore. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what Brady said or anyone else on this board says. Brady was fine in the AFC championship game. They scored more against the Ravens in that game than anyone but the Chargers. The Ravens were a top 3 defense last year. The Patriots had a lot of good long drives and Brady's TD run is just as valuable as a TD pass. His only bonehead play was the second interception right after a turnover, and even that was more about an amazing defensive play (the first interception was clearly defensive holding, the db had Welker's shirt in his fist). Brady played better in the Championship game than in the super bowl. Even ESPN's goofy QBR rating for Brady was better than Flacco's in that game. Plus Flacco got to play the Pats secondary while Brady had to face the Raven's excellant secondary and pass rush.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I did. Brady said he sucked in the AFC Title game and he was correct. God bless Spikes and Sterling Moore. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what Brady said or anyone else on this board says. Brady was fine in the AFC championship game. They scored more against the Ravens in that game than anyone but the Chargers. The Ravens were a top 3 defense last year. The Patriots had a lot of good long drives and Brady's TD run is just as valuable as a TD pass. His only bonehead play was the second interception right after a turnover, and even that was more about an amazing defensive play (the first interception was clearly defensive holding, the db had Welker's shirt in his fist). Brady played better in the Championship game than in the super bowl. Even ESPN's goofy QBR rating for Brady was better than Flacco's in that game. Plus Flacco got to play the Pats secondary while Brady had to face the Raven's excellant secondary and pass rush.

[/QUOTE]
    It's pointless. He's probably the one guy in the country that doesn't understand what he's watching when it come to Tom Brady and overrall quarterback importance, etc. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You know I think we should start a Moss watch thread while we are at it because lets face it Moss wouldn't get to a SB without #12 and he's done wonders since leaving the Pats.

What did he do:

• week 2? 1rec for 14yds
    • week 3? 3rec for 27yds
    • week 4? 0rec for 0yds

who would have ever guessed that BJGE essentially being BJGE (minus the fumbles) would be a more productive player then Randy Moss right now?

Babe you rag on people defending BJGE for being BJGE, essentially a nice RB who will never be a #1 RB but put in rotation is servicable, and yet you have professed your love for Moss and killed the Pats for not taking him back this year, last year, and the year before that after Min released him. You proclaimed how much of an impact player he was going to be this year. I wouldn't be ragging on the BJGE supporters right now when you look like a complete fool for your comments on Moss during preseason and after the first week

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know I think we should start a Moss watch thread while we are at it because lets face it Moss wouldn't get to a SB without #12 and he's done wonders since leaving the Pats.

What did he do:

• week 2? 1rec for 14yds
    • week 3? 3rec for 27yds
    • week 4? 0rec for 0yds

who would have ever guessed that BJGE essentially being BJGE (minus the fumbles) would be a more productive player then Randy Moss right now?

Babe you rag on people defending BJGE for being BJGE, essentially a nice RB who will never be a #1 RB but put in rotation is servicable, and yet you have professed your love for Moss and killed the Pats for not taking him back this year, last year, and the year before that after Min released him. You proclaimed how much of an impact player he was going to be this year. I wouldn't be ragging on the BJGE supporters right now when you look like a complete fool for your comments on Moss during preseason and after the first week

[/QUOTE]

If you don't like the Benny watch, you could just not click on the thread.

Just a thought.

And you're wrong. I freely admit Benny is a decent #2 RB. Always have.

Go read some stuff on Moss this year. He's doing what they asked. He gets 25 snaps a game. He has the 3rd most catches for their WRs and 2nd most TDs.

You can make a Randy watch thread if you like.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is why Benny was let go imo.  From BB's conference call yesterday:

Q: You talked a little bit yesterday about what makes a good runner, particularly getting yards beyond what he should based on the blocking. Of the 247 yards on Sunday, do you know what the total was after contact or after the 'should have been tackled' mark?

BB: No, I don't have a specific number on that. No, sorry.

Q: Is that something you gauge?

BB: We track the actual numbers, absolutely. We track it in each game and at the end of the year when we evaluate the players and all that. That's something we definitely keep track of. Wide receivers, well anybody really, anybody that has the ball - running backs, receivers, tight ends, whoever it is, yup. Yards after contact is definitely something that we keep tabs on and really emphasize to the players every week. I just don't have the exact number though.

The big knock on Benny is that for the most part he only got the yards he should get.  It seems to me that BB apparently wanted more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

But what really is the point of this thread?  Is it to make the argument that the reason the Pats' offense was so pass heavy is because BJGE is not a true #1 back?  That B O'B loved the spread and shotgun because he was playing to his team's strenghts? Is it to make the argument that BB was probably right when he let BJGE walk to Cincy for that much money?  Is it to make the argument that the current RB personnel is why the Pats are running more?  

No matter how you slice it, BGJE was only ever part of the running back rotation here and he got paid a lot of money to be a #1 back.  He's not a # 1 back.  He's at best part of team's running back stable. 

So, are we praising BB for being smart in personnel decisions or are we defending O'Brien for having an O that was pass heavy beacuse BJGE was a limited player?  It seems like the whole point is to downplay the contributions of BJGE despite the fact that he did a decent job while here.   Can't really say I understand the reasoning.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

BJGE who?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Is there a more irrelevent thread on the board these days? Why not have a Meriweather watch or a Koppen watch? How about an Ocho watch to see which team is dumb enough to pick up that clown? Any of those would be at least as, if not more interesting than wondering what BJGE is doing. Damn!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a more irrelevent thread on the board these days? Why not have a Meriweather watch or a Koppen watch? How about an Ocho watch to see which team is dumb enough to pick up that clown? Any of those would be at least as, if not more interesting than wondering what BJGE is doing. Damn!

[/QUOTE]

Do you respond to irrelevant threads often?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BJGE who?

[/QUOTE]

Knock knock.

Who'sm there?

BJGE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But what really is the point of this thread?  Is it to make the argument that the reason the Pats' offense was so pass heavy is because BJGE is not a true #1 back?  That B O'B loved the spread and shotgun because he was playing to his team's strenghts? Is it to make the argument that BB was probably right when he let BJGE walk to Cincy for that much money?  Is it to make the argument that the current RB personnel is why the Pats are running more?  

No matter how you slice it, BGJE was only ever part of the running back rotation here and he got paid a lot of money to be a #1 back.  He's not a # 1 back.  He's at best part of team's running back stable. 

So, are we praising BB for being smart in personnel decisions or are we defending O'Brien for having an O that was pass heavy beacuse BJGE was a limited player?  It seems like the whole point is to downplay the contributions of BJGE despite the fact that he did a decent job while here.   Can't really say I understand the reasoning.  

[/QUOTE]

The point of the thread is to show how Benny is doing when given the ball more times than only 2 runners in the entire league the first 4 weeks. Remember, how we were told he was a great player if only he was given the ball consistently? Well he is. How do you think he's doing?

Why are you saying OB had a pass heavy O? The facts show we actually ran the ball more than the average NFL team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot less often than you write them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is kind of you to supply me with your assessment of the worth of my threads. Wouldn't it just be easier to pass them by if you find them not worthwhile? Or are you one of those people who like to attack others because they choose to discuss a certain subject you find distasteful?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is kind of you to supply me with your assessment of the worth of my threads. Wouldn't it just be easier to pass them by if you find them not worthwhile? Or are you one of those people who like to attack others because they choose to discuss a certain subject you find distasteful?

[/QUOTE]

You're right. Who am I to have an opinion? Indeed, who am I to question such a sage an august personage as yourself. I leave you to hammer away on this dead horse until it reaches the consistancy of a pudding you find to your liking.               Carry on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ejb222's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BJGE who?

[/QUOTE]

Knock knock.

Who'sm there?

BJGE

[/QUOTE]

Suppose he wouldn't fumble so much if he wasn't so busy knocking on my door. But in all seriousnes...he has been replaced be at least a more capable back. I wish him luck, but I don't think it was a bad move not resigning him. We definitely made out on the better side with Ridley and company 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The point of the thread is to show how Benny is doing when given the ball more times than only 2 runners in the entire league the first 4 weeks. Remember, how we were told he was a great player if only he was given the ball consistently? Well he is. How do you think he's doing?

Why are you saying OB had a pass heavy O? The facts show we actually ran the ball more than the average NFL team.

[/QUOTE]

Who said BJGE was great?  I didn't, even though I admittedly hated seeing Brady in the shotgun at times and with 3-5 Wr's in the game.  So if you're saying that BJGE has been exposed a bit by being given the ball more, I sort of agree with you that early on it's looking that way.  BJGE is slightly above average at the RB position.  Serviceable at best.  If your overall larger point is that past play calling may have been due to personnel, maybe you're right.   

If I'm not mistaken, the pass v. run ratio (at least last year with BJGE) was something like 60% passing and 40% running.  I believe that put the Pats close to top 10 in passing attempts.  That is pass heavy to me.  This year, it think it is closer to 53/47.  Mabe it's McD, maybe it's the fact that they have two RBs who are just better players that BJGE was.  Regardless, I hope the balance continues because they are a better team when they can run the ball.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right. Who am I to have an opinion? Indeed, who am I to question such a sage an august personage as yourself. I leave you to hammer away on this dead horse until it reaches the consistancy of a pudding you find to your liking.               Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Going into threads only to criticize that people are even discussing the subject is generally considered whiny when it's easy enough to just not comment if the matter isn't your cup of tea. There are a plethora of threads I just don't bother with because I'm just not interested. What I don't do is go in and gripe that people have chosen to discuss it.

Obviously, there are some who don't see this thread as a dead horse. Some see the grandiose claims that BJGE was a terrific RB that just need more play to shine. This isn't being proven out now that he is getting just that. To some of us, the error of the aforementioned claims are worthy of noting. Mostly, the ones who see this thread as a dead horse are exactly the ones who claimed he was so great. No big surprise there, eh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Who said BJGE was great?  I didn't, even though I admittedly hated seeing Brady in the shotgun at times and with 3-5 Wr's in the game.  So if you're saying that BJGE has been exposed a bit by being given the ball more, I sort of agree with you that early on it's looking that way.  BJGE is slightly above average at the RB position.  Serviceable at best.  If your overall larger point is that past play calling may have been due to personnel, maybe you're right.   

If I'm not mistaken, the pass v. run ratio (at least last year with BJGE) was something like 60% passing and 40% running.  I believe that put the Pats close to top 10 in passing attempts.  That is pass heavy to me.  This year, it think it is closer to 53/47.  Mabe it's McD, maybe it's the fact that they have two RBs who are just better players that BJGE was.  Regardless, I hope the balance continues because they are a better team when they can run the ball.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't recall you saying he was great and should be a "featured" back.

The 2011 Pats were 1.39/1 pass/run, the league average was 1.24/1 pass/run. Or, we passed .14/1 times more than the NFL average. I wouldn't call that some kind of crazy imbalance compared to the rest of the league. 14% more passes - the same amount of runs. But we ran 14% more plays than the average too.

And as I showed facts for in another post, in 2011 we passed 38.25 times a game. So far this year we have passed 38.5 times a game. The claims of some dramatic new reduction of passing this year are imaginary.