Benny Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Benny Watch

ridley is clearly a superior running back to BJGE......i wish they would have used ridley in the super bowl.....but it is what it is. however, BJGE is a pretty good back, and a very good short yardage back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

ridley is clearly a superior running back to BJGE......i wish they would have used ridley in the super bowl.....but it is what it is. however, BJGE is a pretty good back, and a very good short yardage back.

Totally agree with you lawfirm was serviceable and great on short yardage but did he ever have a homerun run for the Pats?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

Is that what this thread is about...? Like all the other Benny threads...?  So..... Babe thinks Benny sux.  Jintsy just dinks around trying to take sides against Scully... Babe would rather take sides with juvenile dink weed of a troll than acquiesce to an obvious fact of bjge talent.... . Fascinating.

Of course correct me if wrong.

Funny stuff. I never said Benny sux. But then facts are oooooh so hard to retain for too many people around here. I said he's a good backup and a so so starter.

And since he has yet to even reach the NFL average in ypc, my assessment is spot on.

That's picking around stats and sh!t.  The guy is good.  Do you need stats to see it ?  he was trained by  BBs system... Ball security,  get upfield.   C'mon babe, and don't ever take sides with jintsy the dink please.

I take sides with anybody that's right.

What should I go by other than stats to measure performance? Your opinion?

Wrong answer... I don't care what Scully said or what name he called you, jintsy the dink and his kind are the worst troll scum ever to walk the earth never deserving of ANY respect whatsoever . turds of his ilk should be verbally and figuratively beaten down repeatedly, relentlessly, and ruthlessly. BTW... Its fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Totally agree with you lawfirm was serviceable and great on short yardage but did he ever have a homerun run for the Pats?

[/QUOTE

I agree Rid is a better back, but Benny has more runs of over 20 yards and a longer season high(48 or something) then Rid. Lets also take into consideration that Ridley runs with Tom Brady handing him the ball and BJGE runs with some guy handing him the ball.

Just because Rusty's thread was made in an attempt to call out the 3 or 4 of you(not you redsox, or Csylvia) that said BJGE wasn't good enough to carry a load doesn't mean it isn't true. You were all wrong, and I will await the 1st of you to be man enough o admit it....

But I won't hold my breath.

Our one dimensional offense of the last few years didn't need to be...but BB fixed it. We should all be thankful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Is that what this thread is about...? Like all the other Benny threads...?  So..... Babe thinks Benny sux.  Jintsy just dinks around trying to take sides against Scully... Babe would rather take sides with juvenile dink weed of a troll than acquiesce to an obvious fact of bjge talent.... . Fascinating.

Of course correct me if wrong.

Funny stuff. I never said Benny sux. But then facts are oooooh so hard to retain for too many people around here. I said he's a good backup and a so so starter.

And since he has yet to even reach the NFL average in ypc, my assessment is spot on.

That's picking around stats and sh!t.  The guy is good.  Do you need stats to see it ?  he was trained by  BBs system... Ball security,  get upfield.   C'mon babe, and don't ever take sides with jintsy the dink please.

I take sides with anybody that's right.

What should I go by other than stats to measure performance? Your opinion?

Wrong answer... I don't care what Scully said or what name he called you, jintsy the dink and his kind are the worst troll scum ever to walk the earth never deserving of ANY respect whatsoever . turds of his ilk should be verbally and figuratively beaten down repeatedly, relentlessly, and ruthlessly. BTW... Its fun.

Agree 100%, not a coincidence that Jints is trolling and agreeing with Babe and Mthurtl. 1 of these guys might be a Pats fans....but I doubt it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

yes down with jints

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny ends up with a below NFL average 4.24 ypc against the 4-10 Eagles. Mediocre, just like I told you, over and over and over again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont think so, which is why i think ridley is the better back.....he is definitely more capable of breaking off a long run and breaks off 20+ yard runs consistently....im not surprised benny is having success in cincy because he is a good back, he just isnt the home run hitter that some wanted him to be.....one thing i would like to say though, is that andy dalton isnt just "some guy"...he is a good qb and he has one of the best receivers in the game which also helps with the predictability of the running game. obviously ridley has the better job being the running back of the pats because brady can chuck it all over the yard, but i just dont think its fair to say dalton is just "some guy". just my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That's fair Redsox, Dalton is not a bad QB who looks to be going up, but there is no comparison between the 2 guys handing Benny the ball over the last few years. Teams expect benny to run as after this week he will be around 7th in the LG in rushing att's at 260. He had 360 in 2 years in N.E while we had 1,200 passing att's. Teams focused on the pass in N.E the last 2 years where they pay more attention to Benny with Marvin Lewis's heavy use of the run.

point being Benny has answered the bell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Benny ends up with a below NFL average 4.24 ypc against the 4-10 Eagles. Mediocre, just like I told you, over and over and over again.

Yeah. If you watched the game you would have seen that until the 4rth qtr when the Bengals ran out the clock with a 20 pt lead Benny had 19 carries for 100 yards. This is over 5 ypc which seems to be the only thing you care about. On his last 2 drives while again "killing" the clock Benny had 6 carries for 6 yards  which helped limit the Igles time to come back....which is something a few of you just refuse to understand

Not that I expect you to ever admit you were wrong about Benny being a bad RB.....you and a few others that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

That's fair Redsox, Dalton is not a bad QB who looks to be going up, but there is no comparison between the 2 guys handing Benny the ball over the last few years. Teams expect benny to run as after this week he will be around 7th in the LG in rushing att's at 260. He had 360 in 2 years in N.E while we had 1,200 passing att's. Teams focused on the pass in N.E the last 2 years where they pay more attention to Benny with Marvin Lewis's heavy use of the run.

point being Benny has answered the bell.

yes i agree 100%. nice post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yeah. If you watched the game you would have seen that until the 4rth qtr when the Bengals ran out the clock with a 20 pt lead Benny had 19 carries for 100 yards. This is over 5 ypc which seems to be the only thing you care about. On his last 2 drives while again "killing" the clock Benny had 6 carries for 6 yards  which helped limit the Igles time to come back....which is something a few of you just refuse to understand

Not that I expect you to ever admit you were wrong about Benny being a bad RB.....you and a few others that is.

Funny how when I parse his runs I'm a bad guy but you can do it and it's okay.

I don't have to admit I was wrong about Bennt being bad, because...

I NEVER SAID HE WAS A BAD RUNNING BACK.

Why do you people constantly do this? It's always the same types who do it. The same ones who think so so RBs are good RBs and bad Ds are decent Ds. I correct it 20 times and still the same thing comes out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

....im not surprised benny is having success in cincy because he is a good back,

You people are just amazing. He runs for below the league average per carry but to you he's a good back.

This is why people hate Pats' fans. Because they don't know the game from their azz or their elbow and pronounce grand conclusions that are just so wrong a kid would laugh at it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

....im not surprised benny is having success in cincy because he is a good back,

You people are just amazing. He runs for below the league average per carry but to you he's a good back.

This is why people hate Pats' fans. Because they don't know the game from their azz or their elbow and pronounce grand conclusions that are just so wrong a kid would laugh at it.

people hate pats fans because of people like you......people who let their ego get in the way of any possibility of them being logical. as i posted above, i think ridley is a better running back, but BJGE isnt a bad running back either. i dont get what you are trying to get by dumping on him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

people hate pats fans because of people like you......people who let their ego get in the way of any possibility of them being logical. as i posted above, i think ridley is a better running back, but BJGE isnt a bad running back either. i dont get what you are trying to get by dumping on him.

I'm not "logical"? You can't even get what I said about him right.

This is why you don't "get it". The same reason why you never will "get it". I HAVEN'T DUMPED ON HIM. I've said he is a so so starter and a good backup, over and over and over again. But because I contested those who started the season praising him like he was the second coming of Jim Brown they say I'm dumping on him. It's like conversing with children.

This is why people hate Pats' fans. Overrating Patriot connected players and underrating those on other teams is probably the #1 reason Pats' fans are loathed. It's considered arrogant.

Ask the fans of other teams here about it. I'm sure they will agree that is a prime reason for the hate.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

This is why you don't "get it". The same reason why you never will "get it". I HAVEN'T DUMPED ON HIM. I've said he is a so so starter and a good backup, over and over and over again. But because I contested those who started the season praising him like he was the second coming of Jim Brown they say I'm dumping on him. It's like conversing with children.

This is why people hate Pats' fans. Overrating Patriot connected players and underrating those on other teams is probably the #1 reason Pats' fans are loathed. It's considered arrogant.

Ask the fans of other teams here about it. I'm sure they will agree that is a prime reason for the hate.

YEP

i never said Benny was anything special, just a good back that is good in short yardage situations and is good at ball security....and im not overrating him, he has produced pretty well this season. and please give me one instance where i have underrated another teams' player?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

YEP

i never said Benny was anything special, just a good back that is good in short yardage situations and is good at ball security....and im not overrating him, he has produced pretty well this season. and please give me one instance where i have underrated another teams' player?

He's not a "good" back. Average isn't "good". Good is "good".

I didn't say YOU underrated players. I said some Pats' fans do and that makes other fans hate them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The problem with Benny I believe is that he had (and continues to have) far too many runs that go for less than 3 yards.  Every back is going to get some of those "stuffs" (and often they are the O-line's fault, not the back's)  but if you get too many of them and have trouble turning that 1 or 2 yarder into a 3 or 4 yarder, you really hurt the effectiveness of the running game.  Having too many of those stuffed-runs actually forces a team to pass more because you end up in second and long or third and long too often. 

Some of the perception that the run was "predictable" last year comes from the fact that in obvious running situations, the run tended not to work.  We have plenty of equally "predictable" runs this year, but Ridley and Vereen are much more likely to get gains of more than 3 yards in those situations. 

Six carries for six yards may control clock a bit, but it's not a terribly effective strategy for doing so since it tends to force passing and may result in more punts than desirable.  The real way to kill clock at the end of a game is to run but with runs averaging 4 yards per carry.  When Brady said in the offseason that the Pats needed to improve their 4-minute offense, he was talking about being able to run at a 4 ypc or greater clip at the end of the game when the opponents were expecting run.  This is something that True Champ never gets.  The game isn't only about deception.  Really good offenses can execute successfully even when everyone in the stadium knows what they are going to do.  In the Broncos game this year, in the first half, everytime Brady was under center, the Pats ran.  Everytime he was in shotgun they passed.  It was completely predictable.  It was blatantly obvious, actually.  But they still ran well.  That's the difference between this year and last year.  Last year, with Benny, they needed some deception or the run didn't work.  This year they can run when everyone in the world knows they are running. Think (for another example) of the Vereen run on Monday night, when Brady motions Vereen into the backfield from a spread formation and then motioned Lloyd to line up tight.  It was obvious he was changing the play to a run, but Vereen still got 4 or 5 yards.  That's what a good running game does.  It gets yards even when the defense knows you are running. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Again, congrats to Benny.  1,000 yards is nothing sneeze at, especially with a weak O Line like that and a 2nd year QB.

1000 yards isn't that impressive when you have the 30th best ypc in the league (at least 70 atts).

So that must mean you don't think Foster is impressive either since his ypc is worse then BJGE's. Is that right Babe?

BTW he's actually the 23rd in the league in ypc for RB's with over 70 carries  of which there are 49! That means he's middle of the pack at worst. 

Where did you get that 70 number from anyways? Seems very random, I mean that's less then what most back up RB's average and most back up RB's have a higher then normal ypc average since they are brought in as change of pace or to catch opposing teams D's off guard. Unless you are telling me that Hunter, Richardson, and Brown are better then Ridley, Foster, or Forte because they certainly have better ypc numbers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Benny deserves kudos for stronger performances in the past four weeks after some weak performances earlier in the season. But it's a myth that the Bengals offensive line is poor.  In fact, they are rated one of the better lines in the league this year.  They had injuries, but the back-ups have turned out to be better than the projected starters.  

Here's what ESPN is saying:

Kyle Cook, the Bengals' starting center, suffered a high-ankle sprain in the preseason and has yet to play one snap in the regular season. Left guard Travelle Wharton, the team's first free-agent signing, went down with a season-ending knee injury on the opening series of the preseason opener. 

Instead of making excuses, the Bengals filled those voids and put together one of the top offensive lines in the NFL this season. According to Pro Football Focus, the Bengals have the fourth-best offensive line in the league, trailing only the 49ers, Patriots and Saints. Cincinnati's line is rated the second-best in pass protection and 16th in run blocking. 

Here's Pete Prisco:

One of the most improved units in the NFL the past month has to be the Cincinnati Bengals'offensive line.

Some of that has to do with the insertion of rookie center Trevor Robinson, who is a clear upgrade over Jeff Faine. But the real reason is the play of right tackle Andre Smith.

He has become a real force in the run game, and he's improved greatly in pass protection. The former first-round pick has been known more for being out of shape than his work on the field, but he has quietly elevated his game to a Pro Bowl level.

And this also from ESPN:

It took 10 games for the Cincinnati Bengals to get running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis over 100 yards. Now, he's gone over that mark in back-to-back weeks for the first time of his career. 

Green-Ellis produced a season-high 129 yards rushing last Sunday, which included two of the longest runs of his career (48 and 39 yards). 

So, what's the reason behind the Bengals' improved run game? The offensive line.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Green-Ellis rushed for 96 yards before contact against the Raiders, his highest total of the season. That shows how much the blocking up front has opened clear running lanes for Green-Ellis. 

In his previous 10 games, Green-Ellis had gained over 96 rushing yards total (before and after contact) just once. This is the most yards before contact for Green-Ellis since the start of the 2009 season. 

Apparently Prisco and ESPN hasn't watched smith getting owned and humiliated in the right tackle spot so that takes out a couple of those lanes.   For a #6 overall pick he's just a waste of cap space when the old salarys were in effect.  Benny in Cindy is valuable just for not turning the ball over.  See how turnovers change the bengals games. Benson would fumble a lot 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Benny's longest run was 18 yards and that was once.

Welker and Hernandez both had longer runs than that (19) and Ridley ripped off a 33.

TB had a 13 yarder.  Do you think any team feared TB running?

That is the problem.  No FEAR factor.  Teams were very content to disregard the run and concentrate on the pass and despite that, you see the results.  One 18 yarder.

This year teams fear the run and when they don't, they get burned.  Big difference!

It's great Benny is a bigger part of their O now and is taking advantage of it, but it wasn't the case last year.  If it were, they would have used him more.

Coaches do what works.  No one on this board knows better then them, so please stop with they would have won it all last year if only Benny ran more.  It's  non-sense.

Benny didn't rip off any 49'rs here and it's not like he didn't have opportunity.  He had plenty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

Again, congrats to Benny.  1,000 yards is nothing sneeze at, especially with a weak O Line like that and a 2nd year QB.

1000 yards isn't that impressive when you have the 30th best ypc in the league (at least 70 atts).

So that must mean you don't think Foster is impressive either since his ypc is worse then BJGE's. Is that right Babe?

BTW he's actually the 23rd in the league in ypc for RB's with over 70 carries  of which there are 49! That means he's middle of the pack at worst. 

Where did you get that 70 number from anyways? Seems very random, I mean that's less then what most back up RB's average and most back up RB's have a higher then normal ypc average since they are brought in as change of pace or to catch opposing teams D's off guard. Unless you are telling me that Hunter, Richardson, and Brown are better then Ridley, Foster, or Forte because they certainly have better ypc numbers

He thinks that by throwing random stats out that fit his agenda suddenly makes him more credible.  You should know this by now, PatsEng.  Anything to degrade Benny's performances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Benny deserves kudos for stronger performances in the past four weeks after some weak performances earlier in the season. But it's a myth that the Bengals offensive line is poor.  In fact, they are rated one of the better lines in the league this year.  They had injuries, but the back-ups have turned out to be better than the projected starters.  

Here's what ESPN is saying:

Kyle Cook, the Bengals' starting center, suffered a high-ankle sprain in the preseason and has yet to play one snap in the regular season. Left guard Travelle Wharton, the team's first free-agent signing, went down with a season-ending knee injury on the opening series of the preseason opener. 

Instead of making excuses, the Bengals filled those voids and put together one of the top offensive lines in the NFL this season. According to Pro Football Focus, the Bengals have the fourth-best offensive line in the league, trailing only the 49ers, Patriots and Saints. Cincinnati's line is rated the second-best in pass protection and 16th in run blocking. 

Here's Pete Prisco:

One of the most improved units in the NFL the past month has to be the Cincinnati Bengals'offensive line.

Some of that has to do with the insertion of rookie center Trevor Robinson, who is a clear upgrade over Jeff Faine. But the real reason is the play of right tackle Andre Smith.

He has become a real force in the run game, and he's improved greatly in pass protection. The former first-round pick has been known more for being out of shape than his work on the field, but he has quietly elevated his game to a Pro Bowl level.

And this also from ESPN:

It took 10 games for the Cincinnati Bengals to get running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis over 100 yards. Now, he's gone over that mark in back-to-back weeks for the first time of his career. 

Green-Ellis produced a season-high 129 yards rushing last Sunday, which included two of the longest runs of his career (48 and 39 yards). 

So, what's the reason behind the Bengals' improved run game? The offensive line.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Green-Ellis rushed for 96 yards before contact against the Raiders, his highest total of the season. That shows how much the blocking up front has opened clear running lanes for Green-Ellis. 

In his previous 10 games, Green-Ellis had gained over 96 rushing yards total (before and after contact) just once. This is the most yards before contact for Green-Ellis since the start of the 2009 season. 

I too noticed that his line was giving him some gaping holes and he took advantage like a back should, but on one run in redzone, it would have been a TD with any other back. The Hole was huge and he got tackled before the endzone. This is what people see. A decent back that gets yards but does also leave some on the field due to lack of explosive ability.

Sections
Shortcuts