Benny watch.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny watch.

I'm expecting fabulous things from Benny this time around with a year under his belt in the Bengals system.

Oh, how will he do? 1600 yards or so, 21 TDs, is my guess. LMAO@me

(I drafted him on my BDC fantasy team.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Benny watch.

Along with TT I'm sure... LOL... just kidding Babe

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Lmao he did have TT but he dropped him after the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Shyte and I was only kidding LMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LOL, I actually did draft TT with my last pick. A protest gesture!!! (dropped him already)

I've got Rodgers and Roethlisburger at QB, so I don't know that TT could have cracked that lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Hated to do that, but I had 2 gimpy TEs. Flippin puzzies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

With Ben's O-line you might need him as a backup by week 6

LOL, I actually did draft TT with my last pick. A protest gesture!!! (dropped him already)

I've got Rodgers and Roethlisburger at QB, so I don't know that TT could have cracked that lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With Ben's O-line you might need him as a backup by week 6

Who knows, running backs are a big crap shoot. There aren't many sure things with them these days.

They take a pounding, and so many teams have a committee nowadays that they easily can lose playing time.

Back in the day the DLs were inly 20-30 pounds more than the RBs. Now they are around 75-100.

I never said Benny was bad btw. I said he was an average starter and a good backup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Fact:

We never lost a game when Benny was used as our lead back and had a distinctive number more carries than Woodhead/the other back.

BJGE wouldn't have been average in the second half of SB 46 with Brady under Center, drawing the LBs in.

Fact: We have barely lost any games of any kind for the past 12 years.  Any stat you want to test for this team will show an overwhelming winning record.  In 2010-11 (the time frame you're talking about), the team only lost 5 regular season games for chrissakes.  27-5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Babe, I hope your league gives you extra points for the toss left for a no yard gain! BJGE...look it up in the dictionary...it means average.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm expecting fabulous things from Benny this time around with a year under his belt in the Bengals system.

Add another 100 yards and 3 td's and that's what he did as a split time starter in N.E for 2 years. Add another 1,000 yards and 6 td's for Cinci and that's 2,700 yards and 30 td's in a 3 year starting career(even though he was part of a commity in N.E) pretty good for an undrafted slow, no talent hack.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to Incognitacious' comment:

Benny won't be the best back on his own team

Giovani Bernard for the win!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Add another 100 yards and 3 td's and that's what he did as a split time starter in N.E for 2 years. Add another 1,000 yards and 6 td's for Cinci and that's 2,700 yards and 30 td's in a 3 year starting career(even though he was part of a commity in N.E) pretty good for an undrafted slow, no talent hack.

I always agreed Benny was an overachiever. I never said he was a bad back. Ridley has more talent, but I don't see him having as much heart as Benny.

In other words, did we upgrade from Benny with Ridley? A little. I was hoping for more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh god, we're going to start this again?  I wish him all the best, but I think BB did the right thing letting him walk. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

We can't establish a run with a dwarf, nor finesse. It's the truth. No one that has a good, balanced offense uses a scatback as a lead back or splitting carries with the true lead back.

Ideally, it should be a 2:1 ratio, if not 3:1 where the scatback is used on 3rds.

Jets game 2010: Too much Woodhead and hence shotgun, loss.

Baltimore 2011: Too much Woodhead and shotgun, almost a loss barring Moore's play and kicker miss.

Giants SB 46: Too much Woodhead and shotgun, loss.

Baltimore 2012: Too much Woodhead and hurry up with shotgun, loss.

It's like the 5 games as losses that you aren't even notating as losses are the worst ones.

Just forget it, Matt. I've done the research, it's the truth.

You can claim it's the truth, but it doesn't make it so.

We didn't lose in the playoffs because BJGE wasn't used as a lead back.  We lost because his skillset didn't justify him being on the field in a lead back's role.  And in fact, he never was even in those games you tout that he was.

He played in only 40% of the team's snaps in 2010, and 34% in 2011.  The reason he had so many carries is because when he's on the field the team HAS to run.

He was a mediocre pass blocker, and a non-existent pass catcher.  If he steps on the field, the defense doesn't have to account for him in the passing game, which either makes you one-dimensional (as an all-run team) or short-handed (effectively playing 9-on-11 in the passing game).

See?  I can do my research too.  Further, I can watch the games, and actually understand what the stats MEAN.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I've heard he is going to lose reps to Giovanni Bernard. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Law Firm did pretty well for the Patriots when he had blocking up front, and didn't cough the ball up. He could rarely break one for more than 10-15 yards though.  I hope he does have a good season, but am hoping our RB corp does better :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I've heard he is going to lose reps to Giovanni Bernard. 

I imagine Benny runs the risk of losing carries to runners heading into every season, he's the type you are always trying to upgrade. I think he is a very good backup, but a pathetically average starter.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Law Firm did pretty well for the Patriots when he had blocking up front, and didn't cough the ball up. He could rarely break one for more than 10-15 yards though.  I hope he does have a good season, but am hoping our RB corp does better :)

He had more runs of 20 yards for the bengals then Ridley did last year, but I agree Ridley is better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My guess is 800 yards, seven TDs.  Sorry Babe.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Fact:

We never lost a game when Benny was used as our lead back and had a distinctive number more carries than Woodhead/the other back.

BJGE wouldn't have been average in the second half of SB 46 with Brady under Center, drawing the LBs in.

Undecided

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

gotta say after TP's weekly breakdown of all the games my favorite feature here is the "Benny Watch"

mostly because it's amusing as hell watching Rusty confuse him with Barry Sanders

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like BJGE

LOL @ Babe drafting him in fantasy football.  Kind of a no lose situation here for you, Babe.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Sections
Shortcuts