Benny's Big Adventure.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny's Big Adventure.

Our old pal Benny wrapped up the first season of his Bengals career resting on the bench and posting 278 carries for 1094 yards and 6 TDs. His 3.9 ypc is significantly below the NFL average of 4.3 ypc, and was better than only one player among the top 20 yardage leaders.

All in all, Benny was/is exactly what some said he was/is. A so-so back. The rest of you were wrong, and will continue to be wrong. I'm glad Benny was able to parlay his mediocrity into some financial security at the expense of the Bengals though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Benny's Big Adventure.

I'm glad he found a team that needed a back like him.  Apparently he helped them get to the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm glad he found a team that needed a back like him.  Apparently he helped them get to the playoffs.

They got to the playoffs with good D. The offense was so-so, just like Benny. But as I said, I'm glad he got a payday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

They got to the playoffs with good D. The offense was so-so, just like Benny. But as I said, I'm glad he got a payday.

according to queenie he's barry sanders

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bennie got hurt that's why he sat.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

And if Arian Foster was benched for rest yesterday, like Benny, then he would have ended the season with a 3.96 YPC.  Gee, that's below the league average.  He sucks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Babe you took a lot of abuse for this weekly thread, but you were right all along. Benny pulled a hamstring in warmups yesterday and his team performed no better or worse than if he played. The Bengals win because of their defense and passing game.

BJGE=good guy, feel good story, try hard, doesn't fumble, but not enough of a reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands and ruin drives.

To think that the regional pink hats were peeing their pants after Benny had a few good runs against the Ravens opening night...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

And if Arian Foster was benched for rest yesterday, like Benny, then he would have ended the season with a 3.96 YPC.  Gee, that's below the league average.  He sucks.

Yeah, but that didn't happen...instead he ended up getting four yards a carry and running for four HUNDRED yards more than Benny. This is like comparing Ron Brace to Vinve Wilfork - I mean they both weigh the same...they both ate 75 king crab legs last night. If only Vince had not played for the last four years they would both be identical twins! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Yep. GREAT year by Benny, especially with a lesser QB in Cincy and 2/3 of the starting O Line on the shelf. Proves his value here wasn't just about our passing game helping him.

Babe's efforts fail again. lol

Hey do you remember that opening first half benny had against the Ravens? You put up a thread about how "the warnings were out people!!".  Benny should of gotten more carries here and we would of won the Super Bowl! Then the second half came:( Then that was followed by four weeks of some of the worst running you'll ever see out of a "feature back".

Glad he got payed. Glad he had a good end to November and start of December...until getting absolutely man handled by Pittsburgh...ouch. Good guy, tries real hard, doesn't fumble, but not enough of a reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands...just like we've been telling you for two years:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah, but that didn't happen...instead he ended up getting four yards a carry and running for four HUNDRED yards more than Benny. This is like comparing Ron Brace to Vinve Wilfork - I mean they both weigh the same...they both ate 75 king crab legs last night. If only Vince had not played for the last four years they would both be identical twins! 

Um, my post went totally over your head.  How do yards have anything to do with it?  Babe's main point was contingent upon the yards per carry stat. 

Now, let me break it down a little further for you.  Babe pointed out that Benny sat the last game, and then he went on to highlight his "below average" yards per carry.  I made a simple comparison to one of the highly touted running backs in the league in Arian Foster.  If Arian did not play in the final game, like Benny, he would have ended with a measly 3.96 yards per carry.  Try to comprehend the comparison before you make an outlandish analogy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yep. GREAT year by Benny, especially with a lesser QB in Cincy and 2/3 of the starting O Line on the shelf. Proves his value here wasn't just about our passing game helping him.

Babe's efforts fail again. lol

Hey do you remember that opening first half benny had against the Ravens? You put up a thread about how "the warnings were out people!!".  Benny should of gotten more carries here and we would of won the Super Bowl! Then the second half came:( Then that was followed by four weeks of some of the worst running you'll ever see out of a "feature back".

Glad he got payed. Glad he had a good end to November and start of December...until getting absolutely man handled by Pittsburgh...ouch. Good guy, tries real hard, doesn't fumble, but not enough of a reason to take the ball out of Brady's hands...just like we've been telling you for two years:)

"should of", Cupcake?

"payed"?

Oh my, Cupcake.  Quick! They're burning!  Run!  Hurry!

Must be a bad morning for you, huh? Ridley had 20 carries, but only 74 yards, but our offense looked methodical and strong, and Brady didn't do anything stupid as a result.

And geed, the D you hate so much not even playing its key starters, much if at all, pitched a shutout.

LOL!

A nightmare for people like you which is why you, Babe, Pezzy and TripleOG are quiet as a mouse here today.

Sorry, what? I'm confused - is this an attempt of a spell checky? Because I'll play! ! !

I purposely put the exclamation points extra wide for you!! Hey, what does "geed" mean?

Benny's team mates are on record as saying they wish they had signed someone else to carry the rushing load...here's the link

http//www.rustyneedsajobasaprofessionalgrammerandspellcheckwizardhestiredofsellingtylenoltolittleoldladiesitsverysad:.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

and it took you a whole season to figure that out? :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

All this proves is that for a full season behind a great offensive Line Benny averages 4.4 yards per carry and on the sorry Bengals he averages 3.9 YPC.  

Doesn't change the fact we should have built a power run game around Brady after 2007 or that we're a substantially better team with one.  McDaniels and BB seemingly agree with this sentiment.

Nobody is overestimating Law Firms talent level, you apparently just don't understand football enough to distinguish between a soft, finesse offense that folds in crunchtime VS a power running, smashmouth offense that can control the time of possession and execute under duress.  You can't tell the difference, so you blame the defense, the runningbacks or anybody to prove you haven't been wrong all along.

This year is a return to smashmouth football, learn it, live it, love it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Um, except that EVERYONE who plays Texas game plans to stop Foster. It's apples and oranges. Benny, for what he does in Cincy, is the guy who defenses let get yards so they don't get gashed by A.J. Green. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ridley is a much better runner than BJGE.  That pretty much sums it up. By YPC, he was a lot better last year, too, running behind the exact same offensive line in the exact same offensive system (5.1 ypc for Ridley last year vs 3.7 ypc for Benny last year)--except the fumbling issue was apparently more severe and he lacked experience, so they didn't use him as much as Benny last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

All this proves is that for a full season behind a great offensive Line Benny averages 4.4 yards per carry and on the sorry Bengals he averages 3.9 YPC.  

Doesn't change the fact we should have built a power run game around Brady after 2007 or that we're a substantially better team with one.  McDaniels and BB seemingly agree with this sentiment.

Nobody is overestimating Law Firms talent level, you apparently just don't understand football enough to distinguish between a soft, finesse offense that folds in crunchtime VS a power running, smashmouth offense that can control the time of possession and execute under duress.  You can't tell the difference, so you blame the defense, the runningbacks or anybody to prove you haven't been wrong all along.

This year is a return to smashmouth football, learn it, live it, love it.

Wooz, no one is saying we shouldn't of built a power running game around Brady. Runnin=good...heck, running=great!! We are only saying that Benny wasn't that guy. And you watch football...to build a power running game takes more than just the runner anyway. I suppose if we had a line like the Cowboys of the 90's Benny would of gotten 1200 yards, but that isn't realistic. Unfortunately the runner has to do a little bit on his own and that's were Benny fails you - he can't do that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Our old pal Benny wrapped up the first season of his Bengals career resting on the bench and posting 278 carries for 1094 yards and 6 TDs. His 3.9 ypc is significantly below the NFL average of 4.3 ypc, and was better than only one player among the top 20 yardage leaders.

All in all, Benny was/is exactly what some said he was/is. A so-so back. The rest of you were wrong, and will continue to be wrong. I'm glad Benny was able to parlay his mediocrity into some financial security at the expense of the Bengals though.

When you've got a Jones, you really do exhaust it, don't you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Um, except that EVERYONE who plays Texas game plans to stop Foster. It's apples and oranges. Benny, for what he does in Cincy, is the guy who defenses let get yards so they don't get gashed by A.J. Green. 

Right, because teams gameplan for A.J. Green sooo much more than they do for Andre Johnson.  You do realize that Houston's pass offense is better than Cincy's, right?

Houston = #11 pass offense at 239 YPG

Cincy = # 17 pass offense at 223 YPG

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Umm, couldn't you say Andre Johnson could gash the Houston opponent so Foster has it easy?  Ummm.

Hmm.

Quite the weak comeback, ZBellino.

Hey Z!  What did you think of our defensive backups and complementary players creating turnovers, making plays, getting sacks, etc as they tune up for the postseason?  Why don't you start a thread and praise how good our youngest D in the league looks?

Thank you.  My thoughts exactly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So now the Pass Happy, Fantasy Football contingent agree we should have built a power running game around Brady... good grief.  

What have we been arguing about for the past 5 years?

Oh and BTW Benny as a Patriot starter in 2010 = 4.4 yards per carry, Ridley this season = 4.4 YPC.

Oh and Ridley has had substantially better blocking upfront with Fells, Huey at fullback and a healthy Gronk/Hernandez...  Don't get me wrong, Ridley is more talented but only because he's a better receiver, he also has the added benefit of having an offensive coordinator that understands the importance of a run game more than you guys do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Alge Crumpler was a pretty good blocker too . . . 

Ridley is way better than Benny.  Much quicker in his cuts, better straightline speed, better ability to make tacklers miss and power through the first contact.  

And Benny may actually be a better receiver than Ridley.  Ridley has not looked great catching the ball.  Neither are great receivers though, which is why Woodhead still gets plenty of snaps.  

Last year we actually did use Benny a lot more than people seem to think . . . the problem is Benny didn't have a big impact so people seem to forget he was out there . . . 

Only Wozzy and Rusty and Champ think there is a "pass happy" contingent.  We've all said the run is good if we have the talent to do it.  Last year, we didn't have the talent.  Belichick hasn't been an idiot since 2004.  He just hasn't had good talent for a running game.  He said it himself . . . 

Sections
Shortcuts