Bequette

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Bequette

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

2012 draft only brought us good talent in the first round.

YOU'VE GOT OT BE KIDDING ME?  HOW ABOUT THE 7TH ROUND???  I'd argue that Dennard was the biggest impact player from the 2012 Draft .... and will challenge the 2 1st round dudes for the best pick of 2012 long term ...

Hoghtower did not impress me at all. But I expect to be impressed with him in 2013 ... just figured a Nick Saban guy would be more ready for the Big Show.

I think people don't consider Dennard a typical 7th rd prospect when he was rated between 20-50 all year long until deciding to punch the cop right before the draft.

If he didn't do that he wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd rd. Considering Wilson was expected to go in rd's 4-6, I'd say having him and Dennard basically made the talent come up more than equal between a 2nd and a 7th.

Bigger issue than Wilson (who we cpuld have taken later) was trading down for no real value at all with Green Bay and passing on some DT's like Reyes.

It always amuses me when people claim to know how far a certain player would have slid in a draft.  For all we know, Wilson could have gotten taken the next pick had we not have taken him.  I'm pretty sure that the teams who are actually doing the drafting are more in tune with the players' value that you, me, or Mel Kiper.  We'll never know how far Wilson would have fallen, but probably not as far as you think.  I doubt that BB took a 6th round player in the second round just for the fun of it.

Well, I'm a Humanatarian so it's against my principles to beat a dead horse but I'll make an exception here.

As I have stated here many times I am not a kool aid drinker, never have, never will be.

I eat, sleep, and drink the game of football and have done so for well over 40 years.

If I see good, I say so. If I see bad, I say so. If I'm wrong, I say so. I call em as I see em' either way.

Players that "got" it show it out of the box. Even raw players who make a lot of mistakes display that certain something that ensures cream rises to the top.

The longer it takes for the cream to rise to the top the less likely it is you will have cream for your coffee.

Sure, every once in awhile a late bloomer shows up. I hope some of the above mentioned eventually show up.

I'm over Dowling, I have no reason to believe he's ever gonna work out.

Bequette, I hope he works out, I really do but we needed him and he could not get on the field...why?

And he's the dead horse.......

Wilson.....The Pats should draft who ever they damn well feel like drafting. You win some...you lose some....just the way it is.

Wilson was a 6th 0r 7th rd talent that BB, as his right, fell in love with. I hope Wilson doesn't leave BB at the alter.

No one was takeing Wilson in the 2nd, no one. And if your up please look out your window and see the sun rising in the East.

Wilson....could not keep a horrible Gregory on the bench, sorry, it is what it is.

Wilson...KILLED US against Seattle...KILLED US.....

Does the Wilson cream rise to the top, I certainly hope so. I don't like how he has looked so far.

My apologies to the dead horse.

wilson and teh trading down jsut to get more picks blew what could have been an incredible draft to a mediocre one. no way around it.  if yo exclude the jones pick its a c- . 

give the best orgs the picks we had last year (granted bb amassed them) and i suggest i huge upward return. bb and a real top gm combined with bb could do wonders (as would top coaches form off coordinator, def coordinator down). too bad his ego ala parcels (not not a turd like parcels)  woudl never allow it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

YOU'VE GOT OT BE KIDDING ME?  HOW ABOUT THE 7TH ROUND???  I'd argue that Dennard was the biggest impact player from the 2012 Draft .... and will challenge the 2 1st round dudes for the best pick of 2012 long term ...

Hoghtower did not impress me at all. But I expect to be impressed with him in 2013 ... just figured a Nick Saban guy would be more ready for the Big Show.

I think people don't consider Dennard a typical 7th rd prospect when he was rated between 20-50 all year long until deciding to punch the cop right before the draft.

If he didn't do that he wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd rd. Considering Wilson was expected to go in rd's 4-6, I'd say having him and Dennard basically made the talent come up more than equal between a 2nd and a 7th.

Bigger issue than Wilson (who we cpuld have taken later) was trading down for no real value at all with Green Bay and passing on some DT's like Reyes.

It always amuses me when people claim to know how far a certain player would have slid in a draft.  For all we know, Wilson could have gotten taken the next pick had we not have taken him.  I'm pretty sure that the teams who are actually doing the drafting are more in tune with the players' value that you, me, or Mel Kiper.  We'll never know how far Wilson would have fallen, but probably not as far as you think.  I doubt that BB took a 6th round player in the second round just for the fun of it.

Well, I'm a Humanatarian so it's against my principles to beat a dead horse but I'll make an exception here.

As I have stated here many times I am not a kool aid drinker, never have, never will be.

I eat, sleep, and drink the game of football and have done so for well over 40 years.

If I see good, I say so. If I see bad, I say so. If I'm wrong, I say so. I call em as I see em' either way.

Players that "got" it show it out of the box. Even raw players who make a lot of mistakes display that certain something that ensures cream rises to the top.

The longer it takes for the cream to rise to the top the less likely it is you will have cream for your coffee.

Sure, every once in awhile a late bloomer shows up. I hope some of the above mentioned eventually show up.

Bequette, I hope he works out, I really do but we needed him and he could not get on the field...why?

Wilson.....The Pats should draft who ever they damn well feel like drafting. You win some...you lose some....just the way it is.

Wilson was a 6th 0r 7th rd talent that BB, as his right, fell in love with. I hope Wilson doesn't leave BB at the alter.

No one was takeing Wilson in the 2nd, no one. And if your up please look out your window and see the sun rising in the East.

Wilson....could not keep a horrible Gregory on the bench, sorry, it is what it is.

Does the Wilson cream rise to the top, I certainly hope so. I don't like how he has looked so far.

Lets see, you have an opinion that Wilson is a 6th or 7th round talent. BB has the opinion that Wilson is a 2nd round talent. You say you've lived, eaten and drank football for well over 40 years yet you have never actually built a superbowl winning team. Matter of fact you have never built any NFL caliber team. That being said son, your opinion is no better than mine, and certainly not nearly as relevant as BB's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Lets see, you have an opinion that Wilson is a 6th or 7th round talent. BB has the opinion that Wilson is a 2nd round talent. You say you've lived, eaten and drank football for well over 40 years yet you have never actually built a superbowl winning team. Matter of fact you have never built any NFL caliber team. That being said son, your opinion is no better than mine, and certainly not nearly as relevant as BB's.

Thanks for checking in Captain Obvious....

I thought people give opinions here??

Anyway, go back to bed, more sleep helps regenerate brain cells which you are in dire need of....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Dennard was certainly one of the steals of the draft in the 7th round . . . but then we may end up in jail over that one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was just thinking about Hightower the other day, to me he is the x factor to making our defense go from an average one, to the type it needs to be.   He had best have a great off season because man did he show some alarming stuff last year...and that surprised me. This guy missed some tackles last year that a fifth round pick would of made - he didn't even use his arms on some of them - he just tried to bring them down with a shoulder...won't work in the NFL. Both Mayo and Hightower had a shot at Rice on that goal line score he had in the playoffs...he didn't make the play...Rice just bounced right off him. Then there was a game in Miami that some people in the media said the guy just looked like he didn't even want to be on the field. The thing that worries me is he kind of looked the same from preseason to post season...not a lot of improvement.

I imagine Belichick had a long and explicite talk with him after the season. This guy needs to be an impact player, I think he will become that. I look forward to him making the most progress next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

mthurl - I think Hightower will be a good player. My problem was the draft capital that BB gave up to move up and select him. It wasn't a particular need for the team and by trading the later pick, he got squeezed with the second round picks and the whole darft sort of got away from him. If he had stayed put with that 1st rounder he might have still gotten him, or if not, there were other very interesting players that still would have been on the board.

NoMore - the NFL is full of starting players that made zero impact in their first year and many that were cut by one team and picked up by another and turned into highly rated players. A couple of the big name FAs and/or franchise tags are going to those players.