Bernard Pollard...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Bernard Pollard...

HAMMER TIME....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: Bernard Pollard...:
    Steel...it definitely wasn't dirty.  He's not a dirty player...he's just in the right place at the wrong time.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1

What a game! The news media is playing up the Lee Evans play. Instead of saying Lee Evans dropped the ball, they should be saying that the defender made a great play. In Baltimore, their fans think it should have been ruled a TD! Their also complaining about the pass interference that wasn't called. Can't anybody just be allowed to win anymore?
     Two great teams played their hearts out today and the Patriots won! I always say, blaming the officials is the number one excuse for losers. As a non-partial fan watching the game, I saw holding on many plays, from both sides. I thought the refs allowed these two teams 'to play', and I think that's why it was such a great game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Steel, on replay it might look like it was a catch, but that was a bang bang play and Moore definitely knocked it out.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: Bernard Pollard... : I can see how it was a great game to watch from the outside.  I appreciate your genuine opinions as a fan.   NIce to see. It was really a great play by Moore. He got beat and then did the next best thing he could. He battles.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

King, I can only imagine how stressful the game must have been for most of you Patriot fans today. To be honest, when the Pats had third down and a few yards to go, I thought the game was over! I turned off the game and went to pick-up some dinner so I could get back for the second game. I missed all the fireworks! It would be nice to see Brady get his 4th ring, he really is a 'class act'. He seems more determined & intense than I've ever seen him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Gronk is such a difficult guy to take down that I think Pollard was just putting as much dead weight as he could on his body.  Not dirty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's not dirty, he's just not our luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Bernard Pollard... : I'll bring the blow torch and pliers. Medieval style!
    Posted by Rodimus77

I'll waterboard when you're done, Rodimus!

SteelCurtain, I don't think Pollard is a dirty player; just freaky sh!t seems to happen every time he plays against the Pats...and it's always against one of our stud players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Tough call between dirty vs. non-dirty:  It looks like Pollard's goin' all-out and Gronk hyperextends something only in the moment that Pollard rolls off the Sasquatch that is Gronkowski, and is then hanging on to Gronk below his knees in a very real (and non-dirty in any way)- attempt to take down the freakishly built Rob Gronkowski.  My only issue at all, is the little questionable things a player does within a play like this which can result in an injury (or heightened one):  For instance, WhyInTH is Pollard still making ANY move to pull Gronk's legs twisting & upwards off the ground once it is more than obvious that Gronkowski IS down and that the play IS totally down with.  

Idk...  I mean, I DO like the notion of beating sc#mb#gs up...so this is just, Such a tough call for me right here.  Seriously, for some reason I placed a crowbar on the side of my platform bed.  Really, I've wanted to move it- heck, I don't even know why I put it there to begin with?!?  But I ain't gonna move it (hard tempered metal=something you know you can count on, much more than most other things).  O.k., look- I'll take part in the beatdown, but I don't prescribe to the unbalanced group jumpin' all on just 1 single guy (albeit an NFL LB'er).  So, we gotta even things out here:  Michael Vick + Bernard Pollard + (at least 1 more real d#rtbag, and not no James Harrison b/c he cripples people fair and square=between the whistles and face-face) + [some random white guy] <I don't want this issue to bely any kinda "racism/favoritism" of any sort...just plain ole "D#rtbag Beatdown" />.  And so with that, I feel Brett Favre is a more than qualified nominee here...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think the one on Gronk was dirty.  Even after the tackle, he was still trying to hurt him.  I hope the guy blows out both his knees.
    Posted by Army2LT

So I wasn't imagining that, then?

Twisty, twisty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't think the tackle was dirty, using his body to roll up the leg because he couldn't stop Gronk.  But the twisting of Gronk's leg after Gronk was down - how is that not "dirty"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Pollard isn't dirty, but he sure is bad luck for the Pats.  I don't want him anywhere near our team.  If I were an NFL coach, I would trade for Pollard anytime I faced the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Pollard isn't dirty, but he sure is bad luck for the Pats.  I don't want him anywhere near our team.  If I were an NFL coach, I would trade for Pollard anytime I faced the Pats.
    Posted by carawaydj

Nah, Caraway, he'd maim all our guys on the practice field the Friday before the game, LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

His eyelids should be cut off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Bernard Pollard...:
    I got 15 tire irons in the bed of my truck...who's coming with me to meet this dude in the parking lot, LOL?!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Looks like you should have left the LOL out of your post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Bernard Pollard...":
    To be fair, none of his tackles were "dirty" or intended to injure. Having said that, I would gladly join you guys. Posted by kevin13130
    Dirty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Bernard Pollard...:
    I got 15 tire irons in the bed of my truck...who's coming with me to meet this dude in the parking lot, LOL?!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

This guy is without a doubt the dirtiest player in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

can we pull a nancy kerrigan on him instead? whack both his knees with a crowbar. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He's not a dirty player, and he's not headhunting our guys. He was legitimately very sorry after the Brady injury, and that obviously was a freak thing. And today he was just trying to bring Gronk down. I don't think he was intending to roll up his leg, he was just trying to hang on for dear life and get both of his ankles together so Gronk couldn't run anymore.

That being said, I never want our guys to play against him ever again! They should go out and offer the farm for him just to keep him off the opposing sidelines!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Pollard likes to keep tugging on people even when his torso is on their legs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, from some of these posts in here I hope I'm on your guys good side.  I now know who to contact if I ever need some trash taken out, LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

To be fair, none of his tackles were "dirty" or intended to injure. Having said that, I would gladly join you guys.
    Posted by kevin13130

Welker and Gronk's 'tackles' obviously did not have 'dirty' intent. But are you serious with involving Brady's hit? The guy was on the ground and straight lunged at his knee. You just don't do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

He's not a dirty player, and he's not headhunting our guys. He was legitimately very sorry after the Brady injury, and that obviously was a freak thing. And today he was just trying to bring Gronk down. I don't think he was intending to roll up his leg, he was just trying to hang on for dear life and get both of his ankles together so Gronk couldn't run anymore. That being said, I never want our guys to play against him ever again! They should go out and offer the farm for him just to keep him off the opposing sidelines!
    Posted by jgallag1

He was legitimately sorry for Brady's injury? That's not what I took from Brian Waters' interview about the matter. It seemed as if Waters was implying that Pollard was proud of the hit. The guy is a dirtbag.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts