Besides Moss / Welker... WHICH WR IS MOST VALUABLE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Besides Moss / Welker... WHICH WR IS MOST VALUABLE?

Here's a hypothetical to throw out there .

What if Pats felt the bridges with Mankins were burnt and decided to trade him ~
    ( Let's say for Steve Hutchinson )

The Vikes insist on having one of the Pats Wrs thrown in to sweeten the deal ...

Edelman / Tate / Price / Holt

Which Wr would you least like to see traded ?

Note : Whether the deal is fair or not is besides the pt ...just curious as to who you'd most like to see remain a Patriot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Besides Moss / Welker... WHICH WR IS MOST VALUABLE?

First I would not make that trade if we have to throw in a WR.  Second the most valuable one is the open one.  All are potentially good, only Edelman is proven in our system.  Holt is a stopgap till the others develop

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

My thought process on the Pats recievers value  .

( In order of who I think is most valuable right now )

1) Holt 
      ( See Mvpkila4lifes take above ...IMO spot-on )

2)Edelman
       Reliable slot receivers are hard to find.
      Welker clone proved he could move the chains -
      If God -forbid #83 was to get  reinjured , the blow would be considerably lessoned with Edelman onboard.

3) Tate - Still a huge ? , but all recent news regarding his injury & work ethic , grasp of system has been positive .
    Earned the right to see the field and prove what he's made of.

4) Price - Speedster with Huge upside appears to posess the
    Pat's Humble Pie / Do-Your-Job Mentality .

Also wouldn't shock me if next year at this time  -
    My above ranking were completely flipped with Price being the star of the list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

1) Tate
    2) Edelman 
    3) Price

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Taylor Price hands down. Brandon Tate could easily be number one but I am a little bit interested in how he comes back from multiple knee procedures.

A couple summer practices and and being healthy for the preseason games and he will be number 1. Edelman is a slot player and he cant play outside. Taylor Price is pretty much tough as nails WR who is a terrific run blocker, and has strong hands. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

2 Things ya gotta factor in here:

#1- Specific Wide Receiver Position (#1, #2 possession wideout, Slot WR)
    #2- Age and Future with the team (i.e. long-term solution at given position)

...To me, NOTHING else matters (all the other things can be subcategorized w/in the first 2).

RE: Specific Wideout Position.  Moss is #1 for now (obviously)...NOone else can even BE that true #1 threat like Moss.  I mean, maybe someone can fill in if Moss''s injured for a game or two...BUT See, It's ALL dependant on the other 2 wideout spots clicking.

We ALL saw last year, HOW in the "Pass-First" NFL, A team canNOT survive with simply 2 receiving options, and NOTHING (and I mean NOTHING) else...

So wadd'we got:   We have Moss as the #1 WR this year, and BOTH Welker AND Edelman are the slot guys.  Ya gotta include for now Welker hand in hand with  Edelman.  These guys see serious looks, get a serious number of plays their way, get pounded on far more than a #1 OR #2 WR, and we STILL don't know if Welker can ever be the WesWelker of old...or at the very least For how long seeing 100 catch seasons over and over.  In otherwords, It's Moss & Welker/Edelman that canNOT in no way shape or form be traded for the success of the 2010 Season.

But again, Ya DO need a good possession wideout.  TightEnd?  ...Even the best, given coverage safeties, can only do so much imo.  Maybe THE best...but NE's got Rook's, so no...A Rookie TE in NE's schematics, will probably NOT be the very best TE in the NFL this coming year...  NEEDED (i.e. cannot trade)=A WR that can be that #2 wideout.

And imo, THIS is where the future comes in.  Knowing what I know ONLY know, Aiken and Slater s#ck...they've showed me NOTHING.  Patten and Holt are serviceable vets that certainly might be very useful this year...BUT, Long-Term?  Nooo, c'mon. 

We need an answer hopefully...And that's up to Tate or Price.  And imo, The smart money's 100% on Price (yes, rookie).

Here's the thing about Drafting Tate...It was st#pid.  Tate was an injured player, who even before his injuries, had marginal production his last 2 years.  Massive knee injury, a head injury, AND even before the injury, He ran a 4.5-something 40 at best (not  blazer)...and man, 6'0 183lbs=This guy's gooonna get injured in the NFL when going over the middle as that possession WR.  Price ain't that much bigger, but he IS faster, and has no past injury history.  He was far more productive too.

Quite honestly, I freakin' haed the Tate draft pick=Multi-Rd reach for an injured guy that doesn't even fit the true #2 wideout bill correctly.  Look here, NE could have drafted these guys instead of the MULTI-Rd reach in the 3rd rd for Tate:  Mike Thomas, Mike Wallace, Jarret Dilliard, Kevin Ogletree, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox, Deon Butler, Brandon Gibson...ALL rated higher, and ALL made impacts as Rookies, and yes-ALL still on the Draft Board when NE selected Tate.  Yes, yes-There WERE a few players rated higher than Tate that didn't make an impact as Rookies either...But see, These guys were either on Teams totally rebuilding their WR core (ex:Patrick Turner/Brennan Marion-Miami; Dominique Edison-Titans), OR those guys making a non-impact were part of teams with really decent WR/TE depth (Demetrius Byrd-San Diego; Kenny McKinley-Denver; Juaquin Iglesias-Bears).

Price, by most reports, Has ALREADY looked like the guy in Mini-Camp...Tate?  Don't bet the farm on him as the next all-pro...  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I would not consider that trade to begin with.  I can't remember when was the last time the Pats had these many WRs who we can say all have a chance to play and contribute specially in that 3rd and 4th WR spot.

There's too much talent, Edelman, Tate and Price are the future of the franchise I wouldn't even consider any trade.  Moss and WW are not open for discussion and Holt is too much of a teacher to these young guys, that's where his biggest impact will be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Besides Moss / Welker... WHICH WR IS MOST VALUABLE?:
    Here's a hypothetical to throw out there .    What if Pats felt the bridges with Mankins were burnt and decided to trade him ~ ( Let's say for Steve Hutchinson )  The Vikes insist on having one of the Pats Wrs thrown in to sweeten the deal ...  Edelman / Tate / Price / Holt  Which Wr would you least like to see traded ? Note : Whether the deal is fair or not is besides the pt ...just curious as to who you'd most like to see remain a Patriot
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Not really a fair question seeing as 2 of the 4 have yet to play one down in the NFL. It would be a huge gamble to let either price or tate go without seeing what they've got, especially as a throw-in to another deal.