Best at their position

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

Best at their position

Ok so who do you think is doing the best job at their respective position?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Best at their position

In Response to Best at their position:
    [QUOTE]Ok so who do you think is doing the best job at their respective position?
    Posted by J109[/QUOTE]

I voted for Meriweather.

I think the answer was really Leigh Bodden, but you didn't put him up there.

I would go . . .

1.) Bodden
    2.) Meriweather
    3.) Moss
    4.) Fork
    5.) Mankins

Taylor has been great when in, but isn't a feature back anymore. Welker has been off, even when healthy. Light has been servicable, but is looking thin on tread. Brady is warming up, but wasn't very Brady-like the first few games.

Bodden looks like an ACE corner. Meriweather is a stud. Moss has been more versatile than he has ever been in his career. Fork has been great as usual. And aside from one play, Mankins has been a stablizing force inside.

The first four are playing like Probowlers for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]Ok so who do you think is doing the best job at their respective position?
    Posted by J109[/QUOTE]

this poll is nonsense.  if the question were posed "which patriot is playing best?", then it would make sense.  rather, it questions the best "at their respective position", which means you would have to list two or more players each at each position, then choose which one is best.  but every player in the pole is at a different position, ie; there's only one posible choice for each position offered, so the pole is it's own answer.  according to your poll, moss is the best receiver, brady the best qb, wilfork the best lineman, etc....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You had to be there at the Falcons game to appreciate it (I find that TV frequently cuts out the safeties from the picture), but the safety on Moss's side of the field played an extra 5 yards back the whole game, and Brady hit Watson on an out in part because both the corner underneath and the safety up top were concerned with Moss, leaving Watson alone with a linebacker who couldn't keep up.

Even if he doesn't look like it, he's doing his job.  Moss' mere presence creates for his teammates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Years from now, we'll look back and realize that Moss was perhaps the most talented receiver to ever play the game.  When you create a fake receiver in a video game with perfect speed, perfect hands, and perfect recognition/awareness, you create Randy Moss.  That's saying something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Posted by J109[/QUOTE]
      also.....if brady isn't doing the best job at his position, then who is, brian hoyer?
    let's say i feel wilfork is not doing the best at his position, who else on this pole can i vote for who's doing a better job on the defensive line, randy moss?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Poll makes no sense

Gostkowski
    Logan Mankins
    Wilfork
    Moss
    Fred Taylor
    Watson
    Bodden
    Merriweather
    Guyton by default
    and that Brady guy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: Best at their position:
    [QUOTE]Years from now, we'll look back and realize that Moss was perhaps the most talented receiver to ever play the game.  When you create a fake receiver in a video game with perfect speed, perfect hands, and perfect recognition/awareness, you create Randy Moss.  That's saying something.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

however, his toughness can be questioned, as can his "clutchness".  he has been phased out of most of the playoff games in his career, and has not been known as a reciver who is all that willing to cross mid field routes.  that rep has been changing this year tho, as the pats have asked him, especially in light of welkers' absence, to be more of a possesion reciever, and he has answered the call. 

as for the best all time, without doubt or hesitation it's jerry rice.  that man had NO weakness in his game to speak of.  and he's 4 championships and 4 superbowl appearances ahead of randy there too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best at their position : however, his toughness can be questioned, as can his "clutchness".  he has been phased out of most of the playoff games in his career, and has not been known as a reciver who is all that willing to cross mid field routes.  that rep has been changing this year tho, as the pats have asked him, especially in light of welkers' absence, to be more of a possesion reciever, and he has answered the call.  as for the best all time, without doubt or hesitation it's jerry rice.  that man had NO weakness in his game to speak of.  and he's 4 championships and 4 superbowl appearances ahead of randy there too.
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt Jerry Rice as the greatest ever, but I think Moss will end up second.  Moss' stats already put him in line to be second if he can put up even decent numbers for the next few years.  He's also shown more toughness and willingness to go over the middle in the past few weeks.  Apparently he played hurt.  Without Welker, he stepped up and became a possession receiver.  And his measurables just amaze me.  His leaping ability in Minnesota was just unrivaled.  I don't doubt he's the most talented receiver ever, even if Rice was better all-around.

Small thing that obviously wasn't relevant to Rice's unrivaled career - I don't remember seeing Rice going up and over anyone to make catches in jump ball situations.  I know fade routes weren't as big back then (I see a lot of play action flood passes, often with boot legs, in ESPN Classic games), but I'd take Moss over Rice athletically any day of the week.

Regardless, Moss is the best of his generation at his position, and with Brady still recovering I'd say he's the easy answer to this poll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Best at their position : this poll is nonsense.  if the question were posed "which patriot is playing best?", then it would make sense.  rather, it questions the best "at their respective position", which means you would have to list two or more players each at each position, then choose which one is best.  but every player in the pole is at a different position, ie; there's only one posible choice for each position offered, so the pole is it's own answer.  according to your poll, moss is the best receiver, brady the best qb, wilfork the best lineman, etc....
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

Your right, it was late and we were drinking. There was an inhouse bet. Not that it matters someone else actually made the poll on my acct, but since I clicked Post I am still to blame.

Sections
Shortcuts