3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: BEST called game I have ever seen!

Great pi call in the end zone.  Oh wait they didn't call it 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Like the tackle hold on the safety....wait they didn't call that either

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Good call on the Reed offside on the 2 pt conversion though...oh wait, they missed that one too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

One of my favorites was Rice running for maybe 9 and the Officials mark it right away as a first down...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie neglected to mention he is very subjective here as a Baltimore homer. :) I doubt he would have been as happy with the officiating if San Fran had won....

No one has brought up Williams shoving the ref, a huge non-call which should by rule have been an automatic ejection. That could have changed the course of the game. 

I thought the officiating was so-so, not exceptional but I've seen even worse this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

no, just no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There were 3 really bad calls/noncalls last night.  The bad call was the running into the kicker penalty which was bs.  The bad noncalls were the late hit on Flacco and Ed Reed being way offsides on the 2 pt conversion.  2 of the 3 benefitted SF so even if you think the last call in the endzone was terrible it's hard for me to see how anyone thinks the officiating favored one team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

There were 3 really bad calls/noncalls last night.  The bad call was the running into the kicker penalty which was bs.  The bad noncalls were the late hit on Flacco and Ed Reed being way offsides on the 2 pt conversion.  2 of the 3 benefitted SF so even if you think the last call in the endzone was terrible it's hard for me to see how anyone thinks the officiating favored one team.

Disagree on the running into kicker, that was a no-brainer. You can't roll up on the kicker. They were lucky it was only the 5 yard type.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Disagree on the running into kicker, that was a no-brainer. You can't roll up on the kicker. They were lucky it was only the 5 yard type.

Akers flopped.  That was oscar worthy imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I liked the no calls too. Problem is if you do not call by the letter of the rules then teams do not know how to prepare and everything is open to speculation.

A better way to put it is: I wish the NFL changed the PI rule so evey game looked more like last nights SB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Akers flopped.  That was oscar worthy imo.

The point of that rule is to ensure safety of a kicker who, because, of the kicking motion, has no way to protect himself. When a rusher comes into the kickers space making contact inevitable, you cannot have referees making judgements on how bad the contact threatened the health of the kicker or whether the contact was a flop. Putting judgement into the call just makes it mre subject to bias-based errors on calls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

The refs were solid. No question about it. The 49ers did not lose because of the refs. To think so is completely rediculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

The point of that rule is to ensure safety of a kicker who, because, of the kicking motion, has no way to protect himself. When a rusher comes into the kickers space making contact inevitable, you cannot have referees making judgements on how bad the contact threatened the health of the kicker or whether the contact was a flop. Putting judgement into the call just makes it mre subject to bias-based errors on calls.

Contact wasn't inevitable.  Akers started falling before the Ravens player even got to him.  He fell into the guy.  It was a flop.  Punters do it all the time and it doesn't get called.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Contact wasn't inevitable.  Akers started falling before the Ravens player even got to him.  He fell into the guy.  It was a flop.  Punters do it all the time and it doesn't get called.

I do agree that this call was missed. That seemed like more of a flop to me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Didn't watch much of the game, so I don't really have an opinion on the officiating. I am generally in favor of the "Let 'em play" mentality. As any Pats fan knows, sometimes it giveth (St. Louis) and sometimes it taketh away (New Jersey), so the best thing to do is not put yourself in a situation where you're hoping the zebras will bail you out.

My beef is with Phil Simms.

Generally, I think Simms is pretty good, but does anybody besides me get sick of listening to him rave exuberantly at whatever decision the officials make. There he was again at the end of the game going on and on about what a "perfect no call" the holding -- and it was holding -- was.

You can bet your boots and mittens that if they'd thrown the flag there, he would have been jumping up and down about how you simply "have to throw the flag in that situation."

Look . . .   I get that the networks control the league and guys like Simms and Nance are mere mouthpieces who spew the company line and smile while they collect their checks . . .   but every once in a while a little genuine objectivity would be nice.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

"Probably the worst officiated SB since SB 40 when Seattle had like 10 mystery penalties called on them. Normally, the SB is the cleanest called game all year."

I find this hard to believe. Both Pats Super Bows were far worse than this yeras officiating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Didn't watch much of the game, so I don't really have an opinion on the officiating. I am generally in favor of the "Let 'em play" mentality. As any Pats fan knows, sometimes it giveth (St. Louis) and sometimes it taketh away (New Jersey), so the best thing to do is not put yourself in a situation where you're hoping the zebras will bail you out.

Generally, I think Simms is pretty good, but does anybody besides me get sick of listening to him rave exuberantly at whatever decision the officials make. There he was again at the end of the game going on and on about what a "perfect no call" the holding -- and it was holding -- was.

You can bet your boots and mittens that if they'd thrown the flag there, he would have been jumping up and down about how you simply "have to throw the flag in that situation."

Look . . .   I get that the networks control the league and guys like Simms and Nance are mere mouthpieces who spew the company line and smile while they collect their checks . . .   but every once in a while a little genuine objectivity would be nice.

I actually do not mind Simms at all but it was pretty funny when he was saying "I definitely would NOT take the safety!" which clearly was the right call and then executed perfectly by the punter. His holding or not holding analysis was also pretty pathetic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Agree on Simms..... never saw a play in his life where the offensive player shouldn't get a call in his favor. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when the lights went out, and so did Simms. Many folks around me thougth the same. But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

"Probably the worst officiated SB since SB 40 when Seattle had like 10 mystery penalties called on them. Normally, the SB is the cleanest called game all year."

I find this hard to believe. Both Pats Super Bows were far worse than this yeras officiating.

They always are, especially when Brady underperforms.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

r u bleeping nuts!  Did you watch the game or not?  Do you really think the Raven thugs would have won that game if it had been properly ref'd????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

r u bleeping nuts!  Did you watch the game or not?  Do you really think the Raven thugs would have won that game if it had been properly ref'd????

it was properly reffed. Let the players decide the game. Remember that first Super Bowl against the Rams...you might want to review the tape.

Sections
Shortcuts