Best case playoff scenario

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Best case playoff scenario

CNNSI is a pretty respected media site. Their playoff projections have the Pats in 2nd seed.

I am pretty cheered by this. They are predicting

AFC Seeds

1. Colts
    2. Patriots
    3. Chargers
    4. Bengals
    5. Broncos
    6. Steelers.

The Chargers/Bengals rank could flip depending on who wins their game against each other in Week 15. CNNSI is predicting Chargers win and hence Chargers 3 and Bengals 4.

This would mean we get a bye week and then face the winner of Chargers/Steelers at home after they have a bruising match up. That sounds good. 

If somehow Chargers are 4 and Bengals 3, and Indy has to face the Chargers at home then despite being top seeds Chargers beating Indy at home isn't that farfetched a scenario. If Indy loses it's game and we win then we get to host the AFC championship at home again as the remaining top seed. 

This is basically the best case scenario prediction. 

I am just pretty encouraged to see impartial and respected site like CNNSI predicting Patriots would be the 2nd seed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Re: Best case playoff scenario

The other thing from CNNSI's prediction round up is if the Wild Card weekend matchups really are Chargers vs Steelers and Bengals vs Broncos and the Steelers beat Chargers then Indy get the Steelers instead of us. And I think the Steelers would be a tougher matchup in that case then either Bengals or Broncos. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

With Larry Johnson, the Bengals will be very tough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

4 wins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Best case playoff scenario:
    CNNSI is a pretty respected media site. Their playoff projections have the Pats in 2nd seed. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dom_bonvissuto/12/02/week.13/index.html I am pretty cheered by this. They are predicting AFC Seeds 1. Colts 2. Patriots 3. Chargers 4. Bengals 5. Broncos 6. Steelers. The Chargers/Bengals rank could flip depending on who wins their game against each other in Week 15. CNNSI is predicting Chargers win and hence Chargers 3 and Bengals 4. This would mean we get a bye week and then face the winner of Chargers/Steelers at home after they have a bruising match up. That sounds good.  If somehow Chargers are 4 and Bengals 3, and Indy has to face the Chargers at home then despite being top seeds Chargers beating Indy at home isn't that farfetched a scenario. If Indy loses it's game and we win then we get to host the AFC championship at home again as the remaining top seed.  This is basically the best case scenario prediction.  I am just pretty encouraged to see impartial and respected site like CNNSI predicting Patriots would be the 2nd seed.
    Posted by murghkhor

Obviously, we all want the Pats to win out and get the 2-seed, for which they need a lot of help because the Chargers and Bengals both win tiebreakers against them (Bengals are perfect in their division and the Chargers have a better conference record).

Ideally, I'd like to see the Chargers as the 4-seed and Pittsburgh as the 6-seed so Indy would be guaranteed to have to play one of them.  Based on past success against the Colts, I think the Chargers and Steelers have the best chance of bringing the AFC Championship Game back to Foxborough, which as a season ticket holder I would very much like to see (although I think this team would be best served in the long run to prove that it can beat Indy in Indy under the bright lights).

While I like Cincinnati's corners, I don't think the Bengals have the firepower to hang with the Colts.  If they fall behind by more than a score, I wonder about their ability to come back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pats win their next 5.  Indy, San Diego and Pittsburgh lose their next 5 ... Pats play a bunch of p*ssies in the playoffs and the winner of NFC West in the Super  Bowl

Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Yeah well thanks for that input themightpatriotz. The point wasn't that I was just lol'ing some bs prediction. Point was I was quoting a respected publication. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlr2287. Show mlr2287's posts

Playoffs! Playoffs! Don't talk about Playoffs! Playoffs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Lets hope for Steelers vs Indy. That way the officals will be more prone to calling a fair game with the Steelers than the Nationally hated New England Patriots. Let the Steelers take out the Indy trash.

Anyone wornder why every NFL commercial has every team scoring a touchdown in slow motion against the Patriots? Is this a coincidence?

Just askin.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Best case playoff scenario:
    In Response to Best case playoff scenario : Obviously, we all want the Pats to win out and get the 2-seed, for which they need a lot of help because the Chargers and Bengals both win tiebreakers against them (Bengals are perfect in their division and the Chargers have a better conference record). Ideally, I'd like to see the Chargers as the 4-seed and Pittsburgh as the 6-seed so Indy would be guaranteed to have to play one of them.  Based on past success against the Colts, I think the Chargers and Steelers have the best chance of bringing the AFC Championship Game back to Foxborough, which as a season ticket holder I would very much like to see (although I think this team would be best served in the long run to prove that it can beat Indy in Indy under the bright lights). While I like Cincinnati's corners, I don't think the Bengals have the firepower to hang with the Colts.  If they fall behind by more than a score, I wonder about their ability to come back.
    Posted by NickC1188

Division record is meaningless in seeding intraconference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Your post is a realistic scenario.  Just need to have the pats take care of their own business and get some help for the chah-gahs and the bungles.

Sections
Shortcuts