Best news of Camp so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Best news of Camp so far...

Mike, my question is if an offseason winner has ever been cut from the team. It's surprising to see Jermaine Cunningham on the list even though you, Rodak and Yates all had him off the final roster. If he makes the team, who does this effect? Could BB possibly be pumping up his trade status? It's unique to see BB talk so positively about someone that hasn't proved much. -- Matt (Boston)

A. Matt, I'm tipping my hand now. Cunningham will be on my next 53-man roster projection. I saw pass-rushing burst in practice and an arsenal of moves that I didn't know he had. I think he is finally healthy, which is a big part of it. As for an offseason program winner not making the team, it has happened before. In 2010, offensive lineman George Bussey was a draft choice out of Louisville who was one of the winners that year, but he never stuck on the team.

This is the best news so far. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Best news of Camp so far...

IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Best news of Camp so far...:
    [QUOTE]Mike, my question is if an offseason winner has ever been cut from the team. It's surprising to see Jermaine Cunningham on the list even though you, Rodak and Yates all had him off the final roster. If he makes the team, who does this effect? Could BB possibly be pumping up his trade status? It's unique to see BB talk so positively about someone that hasn't proved much. -- Matt (Boston) A. Matt, I'm tipping my hand now. Cunningham will be on my next 53-man roster projection. I saw pass-rushing burst in practice and an arsenal of moves that I didn't know he had. I think he is finally healthy, which is a big part of it. As for an offseason program winner not making the team, it has happened before. In 2010, offensive lineman George Bussey was a draft choice out of Louisville who was one of the winners that year, but he never stuck on the team. This is the best news so far. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

SO Getzo, is Matt you alter ego?! And yes this is great news!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Best news?? Top 5 maybe, To me the best news is how well Lloyd is doing, Wilfork looking slimmer, reports on Hightower and Jones and of course Spikes and Ras-I being healthy and out on the field. 

But as far as Cunningham goes, I have been wanting to see him play, I really am rooting for the guy cause I think he will be a major asset to this team if he can just stay healthy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

IMO, best news is how dominant Dont'a Hightower is looking and the praise he has received from BB.

#2 on the list is Lloyd filling in VERY nicelly, he IS the deep/sideline/outside the numbers threat we have been missing.

#3 would be Cunningham progressing FINALLY...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Best news of Camp so far...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Best news of Camp so far... : SO Getzo, is Matt you alter ego?! And yes this is great news!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Haha Nah dude, I don't have an ESPN account.... BUT I was hoping that the second round picks would start coming to fruition... especially Cunningham for Pass-Rush.

TFB - I felt the rookies and Lloyd would come a long as BB moved to get them... so I already felt comfortable with them.  Cunningham was IRed and rumored to not be 'understanding', so there is more excitement in hearing such news of his progress.

You guys are right though... let's call it top 5..... I overreacted right there.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, best news is how dominant Dont'a Hightower is looking and the praise he has received from BB. #2 on the list is Lloyd filling in VERY nicelly, he IS the deep/sideline/outside the numbers threat we have been missing. #3 would be Cunningham progressing FINALLY...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]
      +1----I cant wait to see Hightower in a game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

D Backs had a good showing today.
    Best news ever!!!!Smile
    On the defensive end, the Patriots projected starting cornerback trio (based off of last year, the team looks to play enough sub package defense that we ought to designate three cornerbacks as starters) all stood out, for different reasons. Kyle Arrington worked exclusively from the slot, including a number of reps versus Wes Welker. He was physical on one rep, perhaps too much so, but showed good strength through his core to generate his initial punch. Devin McCourty made a nifty pass breakup on a ball thrown to the corner of the end zone, dislodging the football on an upward swat through the receiver’s arms. Textbook technique. And Ras-I Dowling, who worked on the right side of the field, held his own versus Brandon Lloyd. His ability to keep his receiver within reach, a testament to his big frame, stood out.

Also Wilson breaking up passes......Tongue out

Bequette moves around. Defensive linemen Jake Bequette, a third-round pick in 2012, has been spotted as a defensive end, defensive tackle, and even as a tight end. No word on whether this is an experiment, something that might persist, or just a result of the Patriots being down a number of tight ends due to injury. Bequette showed up with a strong rush in 1-on-1 drills as well

Solder and Jones face off. The Patriots top picks from the past two drafts met on two reps of one-one-one action, with Chandler Jones besting Nate Solder on an impressive push/pull maneuver in the opening act. Jones started his move by power rushing into Solder, before aggressively yanking the left tackle towards him, throwing the towering Solder off balance and freeing a lane for Jones to close on the area where the quarterback would be. The second go-around was closer to a stalemate, with Jones attempting a side scissors move, which involves him taking two arms to the side of Solder and attempting to knock him off his spot. Though Jones wasn’t able to fully execute (Solder rode him out of the pocket area), it’s an impressive move from a rookie. Strong work from both

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm always optimistic at this time of year but I really like what I'm hearing out of camp thus far.  Be great if Cunningham continues to trend upward along with the other positives.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping you were gonna say Tom Brady blew out his ACL...
    Posted by ManningRules[/QUOTE]
    Cheap and thoughtless.  Not worth reading.  Time for the ignore button.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I kept reading elsewhere that Chandler Jones was a raw project who would probably have to be introduced slowly, which is why he dropped so far in the first round.  The best news is that he's ready to pass-rush now, he keeps beating O-linemen in camp, he tips passes, and he will start disrupting passers in September.  Make that Sunday, September 9, 1:00 p.m. at Tennessee.  Their quarterback is TBA.

"Cunningham is a better back-up than expected", "Hightower is everything as advertised" and even "Brace will make the team" are good to hear, but they aren't at the top of the list.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping you were gonna say Tom Brady blew out his ACL...
    Posted by ManningRules[/QUOTE]

Congrats for making it to 10 Posts.

Goodbye Bug.   "Say hello to my little friend" - The Ignore Button

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

WHO'S HOT
    bullet.gif
    Jermaine Cunningham. The third-year player, who really needs to have a camp and then a preseason that ignites some of the promise of his rookie season, continues to play well off the left edge in the 4-3, especially against the run.

And it continues..... good stuff.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think Ron Brace's possible emergence, Brandon Lloyd's perfect fit and the fact that Arrington has made the slot CB position his own in camp are equally great news. 

If Cunningham and Brace have truly unlocked their potentials, Mayo, Spikes and Hightower can all stay healthy and if McCourty can return to form...

19-0 is more than just a possibilty, 19-0 is a guarantee. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

How about Mallet????

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Ryan Mallett has made major strides in his second NFL training camp.

Citing "the people who've watched him in practices," Schefter stated that Mallett has looked like the kind of quarterback he was hailed to be while seemingly overcoming past off-field issues. "This summer, (Mallett) has looked like the type of top quarterback prospect that many people thought he was coming out of Arkansas," Schefter said. "He's picked up the system, he's looked very good." Expect Mallett to get a ton of snaps in preseason games.

Honestly, it sounded like he was having some trouble per Reiss and others.. oh well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There's always rust to shake off in camp, we won't know until preseason begins how this roster will shake out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]How about Mallet???? ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Ryan Mallett has made major strides in his second NFL training camp. Citing "the people who've watched him in practices," Schefter stated that Mallett has looked like the kind of quarterback he was hailed to be while seemingly overcoming past off-field issues. "This summer, (Mallett) has looked like the type of top quarterback prospect that many people thought he was coming out of Arkansas," Schefter said. "He's picked up the system, he's looked very good." Expect Mallett to get a ton of snaps in preseason games. Honestly, it sounded like he was having some trouble per Reiss and others.. oh well.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Kirwan and Ryan said the same, they commented on Mallet a few times saying that his throws were dead on the enitire practice and they noticed that not 1 receiver had dropped a pass from mallet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]How about Mallet???? ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Ryan Mallett has made major strides in his second NFL training camp. Citing "the people who've watched him in practices," Schefter stated that Mallett has looked like the kind of quarterback he was hailed to be while seemingly overcoming past off-field issues. "This summer, (Mallett) has looked like the type of top quarterback prospect that many people thought he was coming out of Arkansas," Schefter said. "He's picked up the system, he's looked very good." Expect Mallett to get a ton of snaps in preseason games. Honestly, it sounded like he was having some trouble per Reiss and others.. oh well.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Yup, I read the same thing from Reiss. Until the pre season games begin, I'm not going to get too excited over what these out of towners write after watching one practice.