Best news of Camp so far...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Best news of Camp so far...

That last post really turn some heads, huh?  You guys are right though in saying we need to see some preseason games to get a real gauge of these guys.

The talent seems to be there.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Best news of Camp so far...:
    Mike, my question is if an offseason winner has ever been cut from the team. It's surprising to see Jermaine Cunningham on the list even though you, Rodak and Yates all had him off the final roster. If he makes the team, who does this effect? Could BB possibly be pumping up his trade status? It's unique to see BB talk so positively about someone that hasn't proved much. -- Matt (Boston) A. Matt, I'm tipping my hand now. Cunningham will be on my next 53-man roster projection. I saw pass-rushing burst in practice and an arsenal of moves that I didn't know he had. I think he is finally healthy, which is a big part of it. As for an offseason program winner not making the team, it has happened before. In 2010, offensive lineman George Bussey was a draft choice out of Louisville who was one of the winners that year, but he never stuck on the team. This is the best news so far. 
    Posted by Getzo

It's good news...but the "best" news? To me, the reports that Hightower is looking like an impact player, that is the "best" news, thus far. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Lots of good info on Weds practice.   Over 22K in attendance.
    Brawls and Balls.  Too much to list. 
    Injuries are becoming a concern already. At this rate they won't have to cut any one!  LOL

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4726050/camp-observations-day-7

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You guys still worried about losing Benny?  I like this post....

Stevan Ridley's decisiveness as a runner has reportedly stuck out on the Patriots' practice field through six days of camp.

He'll make you forget about Laurence Maroney, quick. Reiterating that he's continued to dominate first-team reps, ESPN Boston's Field Yates notes that Ridley "wastes little time" between the tackles, consistently "generating forward push." Ridley also hasn't fumbled once in camp after ball security got him benched down the stretch last season. He's moving up Rotoworld's rankings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats_fan_2012. Show pats_fan_2012's posts

Chandler Jones also looking good so far. Displaying power, speed, pass rushing skills. Look out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Best news of Camp so far...:
    I kept reading elsewhere that Chandler Jones was a raw project who would probably have to be introduced slowly, which is why he dropped so far in the first round.  The best news is that he's ready to pass-rush now, he keeps beating O-linemen in camp, he tips passes, and he will start disrupting passers in September.  Make that Sunday, September 9, 1:00 p.m. at Tennessee.  Their quarterback is TBA. "Cunningham is a better back-up than expected", "Hightower is everything as advertised" and even "Brace will make the team" are good to hear, but they aren't at the top of the list.
    Posted by Paul_K

i will be surprised if cunningham shows the way hes talked about in practice during the regular season. if it happens, great. till then im gonna wait and see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think Ron Brace's possible emergence, Brandon Lloyd's perfect fit and the fact that Arrington has made the slot CB position his own in camp are equally great news.  If Cunningham and Brace have truly unlocked their potentials, Mayo, Spikes and Hightower can all stay healthy and if McCourty can return to form... 19-0 is more than just a possibilty, 19-0 is a guarantee. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

i am hearing mccourty is getting blown by often.
    recovering on occasion.
    if we get into the season, and hes the same as last year, id play moore at cb.
    nice ridley hasnt turned his back and has not lost the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I am of the opinion that IF J.C. makes the team this year he better show a whole lot of improvement. I mean I know B.B. has raved about him this offseason but he also does that with players right before he cuts them too so I wouldnt make too much out of it. As for Reiss raving about his pass rush moves, We shall see. That was the knock on him the last 2 years was that he had no counter moves and creativity and now all of a sudden he is Rev. Reggie White?  I dont believe that, but maybe thats what they are hoping for. I think all the good words are just encouragement and a plan to maybe make HIM more confident in himself but I fear its too late for him. IF he couldnt crack the roster last year it sure doesnt look good for him with the additions of Hightower, Jones, Bequette, Scott so we shall see, but I dont put much stock into what someone does in minicamp or first week of training camp. Some reports have one player fitted for canton while others say a guy is struggling. I'll judge him If/When he gets in on GAMEDAY but I wish him the best
    Posted by patsfan76

day after he was lighting up eyes, i read he looked unimpressive again (by someone who noted his making great moves and getting in the day before).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Getzo, thats why I pay it no mind. One guy sais Mallet is ready to be Elway and the next one will say he still is too slow to process info and has the deer in the headlights look. This is why I try to go to camp myself and make my own asessment. You would be surprised at how much the average fan can pick up in comparison to experts. You guys dont give yourselves enough credit. Its clear most fans here know more than some reporter or expert can learn in ONE day...
    Posted by patsfan76

i'll rely on you patsfan, not getting to n.e. anytime soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Best news of Camp so far... : i am hearing mccourty is getting blown by often. recovering on occasion. if we get into the season, and hes the same as last year, id play moore at cb. nice ridley hasnt turned his back and has not lost the ball.
    Posted by bredbru

In Response to Re: Devon and Ras-I : From what I have read Ras is "looking good" ie impressive tackling and hanging with any receiver he is assigned. Not the same story when it comes to McCourty, frequently behind , though he seems to catch up to the play frequently. Also he is NOT an impressive tackler. He probably is cut out for free safety. Hopefully I'm wrong but right now I would lean toward a starting pair of Ras and Kyle Arrington maybe even Ras and Sterling Moore. Preseason starts in 2 weeks. It will interesting to watch this team progress to opening day.
    Posted by viewer222

Not sure I would solely count the opinions expressed on this BDC Patriots Fan messageboard as being an actual "accredited source of the fact-based detailed happenings in Patriots training camp." 

Head to both ESPN Boston and their training camp notes and this very BDC Extra Points section with fuller breakdowns of 5 or so odd Pats Practices thus far.

Devin McCourty's name has been mentioned in at least 4 seperate extremely positive instances of him breaking up passes and making plays.  Go check, and you will see.  ...And that imo is a near MIRACULOUS feat for a Cornerback to come away with even 1 positive mentionable RE: A reporter actually noting a good play from a guy in the CB spot...  You'll see THIS, too:  9 outta every 10 X, whenever a CB gets mentioned by a reporter viewing Pats Camp Practices, it solely is in light of them getting beat or looking bad.  <  You'll see plenty of this too...yet oddly, even during scrimmages where you can't hit the QB nor the ball-carrier, You'll see several Pats Secondary players mentioned for their "poor play" somewhere, and you'll see reporters mentioning seperate poor plays from each Pats Secondary guy in different instances and from different practices.  YET, 1 guy that I've YET to see mentioned (other than by fans on this messageboard) regarding his "underwhelming performances" is McCourty...  In fact, the sum total of the Pros RE: McCourty's good plays really were 4 or so seperate excellent plays on the ball during different practices and different reports from seperate reporters.  While The sum of the Negatives from DMC's play thus far, Were unlinked reports by random posters revolving around Practice #1 in shirts and shorts (and no pads)...and lol, I don't even know if even THIS is true lol...

You'll see, go take a look for yourself, and make sure to try to do so without bringing any preformulated op-eds prior to reading each practice breakdown from these reporters that were witnessing each practice, up close and personal.

ADD ON:
    ~Like I said fellas, far better to base your ultimate judgements based on actual multiple sources of information from actual events witnessed by several NFL reporters during seperate spans of the several practices we've had, rather than formulating your analysises about how a Pats player performed based on the preformed personal opinions (judgements which were actually wrong from the get-go, which is extra exceptional when you hold firm, strong, and immobile in your initial falsities, those you even further-->)- that you will attempt to forward into the future as absolutely unsubstantiated and even totally untrue FACT of the here and now present day..."facts" originally based on the personal notion that in 2012 you thought NE's Offense was the greatest that ever played, but NE's Defense ultimately & always failed them & WILL always undoubtedly fail them from now until eternity, Because their Secondary is the worst that has ever existed and will unquestionably remain that way, because our #1 2nd year starting Cornerback, doesn't even deserve to be on the football field, then, now, and always, And If only- If Only, we had a Coach who was wise enough to draft the man who you simply wanted others to completely know full-well (in 12 seperate threads dedicated to him), WILL BE regarded as THE Greatest Cornerback that will ever grace the pro field, Janoris Jenkins, then that maybe might've been something at least, considering we could've then immediately cut, or simply benched, the worst CB in football & this team's weakest of all links we've ever allowed to play here, Devin McCourty. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Chandler Jones!!!

For months most were crying about the Pass Rush, BB take a DE with First Pick in this past Draft - and from reports, he is impressing. (I understand we have LONG way's to go!) but we all know what our offense can do!  We need to bolster that D!

Sections
Shortcuts