Best of Remaining UFAs For Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Best of Remaining UFAs For Pats

Here's a list of remaining free agents which should interest them:

1.) DE: Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers;

2.) DT: B.J. Raji (former BC star may want to come "home", and could be the Pats answer to what Terrence Knighton did for Denver), and Jason Hatcher;

3.) CB: Brandon Browner, Antonio Cromartie (wouldn't it be a hoot if the Pats can re-unite Revis with Cro? Jets' fans would e absolutely suicidal!);

4.) OG: Willie Colon...a tough veteran RG who would be an upgrade over an Connelly...who can be moved back to OC to replace Ryan Wendell);

5.) TE: Scott Chandler (big redzone target who has usually performed well against the Patriots);

6.) WRs: Julian Edelman and Emmanuel Sanders;

7.) RB: LeGarrette Blount (bring the big man back!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Best of Remaining UFAs For Pats

Hrm not a great list. I thought Raji signed with GB already?

From that list I'd take Raji (if still available), Browner, Sanders, Blount for the right price and let Boldin go and actually yeah Colon and move Connolly to C would be an upgrade

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Right now the Patriots have 12 mil in cap space. Don't forget the 4 mil for the draftees, so make that 8mil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Edelman  . . . LaFell if Edelman is going to cost too much

Knowshon Moreno . . . let Blount and Bolden go . .  get a guy who can run, block and catch the ball out of the backfield

Justin Tuck or Jason Hatch - DL

Wesley Woodyard - LB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Knowshon Moreno . . . let Blount and Bolden go . .  get a guy who can run, block and catch the ball out of the backfield

Wesley Woodyard - LB

Can't do all that on just $8mil....which is why the Pats are trying to get Vince Wilfolk to take a pay cut, and/or restructure his deal. That said...why would you want Knowshon? Too expensive...and I'd rather have Blount back. Why Tuck? Injuries have drastically reduced his effectiveness.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Wesley Woodyard - LB

Raiders signed Tuck to a 2 year, $11mil. deal: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/13/justin-tuck-goes-to-oakland-after-asking-giants-for-more/

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wesley Woodyard - LB

Can't do all that on just $8mil....which is why the Pats are trying to get Vince Wilfolk to take a pay cut, and/or restructure his deal. That said...why would you want Knowshon? Too expensive...and I'd rather have Blount back. Why Tuck? Injuries have drastically reduced his effectiveness.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Wilfork asked to be released. He's pulling a Seymour, I say release him to Oakland for a draft choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wesley Woodyard - LB

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Wilfork asked to be released. He's pulling a Seymour, I say release him to Oakland for a draft choice.

[/QUOTE]

ouch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I wouldnt be opposed to signing Sidney Rice for two years at a real cheap cost. When he was healthy he was a #1 reciever in Minn. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Packers offered Raj a one year $4 million contract & that's from last years $8 million long term offer with $20 mil in guaranteed money which he turned down.

Last year he had 17 tackles and one sack.

"B.J. Raji might not accept Packers' offer"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1243129/bj-raji

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Raji is a JAG at this point.  His stock has fallen off a cliff.  He is an idiot for not taking the long term offer he had last season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wesley Woodyard - LB

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL....at this point, why not put up Wilfork for sale to see if anyone wants him? Teams might not bite though, and be willing to see if the Patriots outright release him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Most of the guys I had targeted for the Pats (see my list in my original post above) are still available, save for Hatcher, Raji, and Chandler...who signed today with the Redskins, Packers, and Bills, respectively.

If th Pats can close the show on Browner, resign Edelman, resign Blount, and add either Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers, Willie Colon, and/or Emmanuel Sanders, I'd say that they've done pretty well in free agency.