Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

Some think Eli Manning with 2 SB in the past 5 years.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

If you are removing the team element completely and talking pure QB stats then it's still Brady followed closely by Brees and Rodgers. But if you are talking as a whole, including big game victories and going by tape test then sadly yes I might have to put Eli up there for the SB wins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hard to dismiss Eli. He's certainly in the mix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Brady
    Rodgers
    Eli
    Brees*
    Big Ben

*-With the whole incident it will brought up as an actual * which sucks for him and what they accomplished as a team and until they actual win more than one that championship run lost a lot of its luster. A ring though is still a ring.

Brady played out of his mind in 07, lost a season due to the ACL and then followed up with a recovery year and then came back into elite form. Eli after the super bowl I think got into some bad habits again and that team as a whole took a step back. They were borderline not going to be even in the hunt but managed to get into the playoffs due to finally what it seemed like a deep slumber. 

When its all said and done Rodgers will jump Eli. Brady is by far the best QB in the recent time. But if you want total best teams you gotta point to the Giants in teh past 5 years. Thats a different discussion though.

-Yes I know Peyton is not on it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's funny how quickly things change. Six months ago everybody who could get a microphone in front of them would have said Rodgers, now it's Eli. Six months from now it will be someone else. I don't really care, several good ones out there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Should not be an asterisk next to Brees' name. You'd think a Patriots fan would understand that.

Brady, Brees are 1 & 2 without a doubt in my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

It's funny, as I initially read the title of this thread, my mind immediately went to comparing Brady, Brees, Rogers.  Eli wasn't even a thought and then with suggestions, became an afterthought.
    Yes, give him credit for the SB's and the ability to pull a rabbit out of a hat when needed, but I've never thought of him consistently putting his team in a position to win.
    How many times in the years between the SB's have you heard the NY masses calling for his head?
    Although he improved statistically last year, the 3 years prior were nothing special.  He'd have to become more consistent to be considered, IMHO.
    Just curious, how many initially gave him consideration?
    And no I wouldn't include Pay me a ton in the past 5 years either as he svcked in 10 and didn't play in 11. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Best QB in the Past 5 Years?:
    [QUOTE]Some think Eli Manning with 2 SB in the past 5 years. Thoughts?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

What's the critereia? Actally winning the SB, as in every single "Who's better: Brady or Peyton?"  discussion? If yes, forget about Brady. During the 5 years, it's got to be the Other Manning, with 2 SB wins. Followed by Breese, Rodgers, and Big Ben. That takes care of the 5 year time frame.

If you slant is now going to be the supportive "Peyton is better because of his stats" mind set, let's look at Breese, Rivers, Brady, and dear old Pay-a-ton. Brady and Pay-a-ton both missed full seasons, but Mannings injury cost the Colts a whole saeason. The Pats still went 11-5 without Brady. failed to make the playoffs. 

But, it comes down to, as a prior poster put it so eloquently, Who cares? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In the past 4 seasons Brees' TD/INT ratio on turf is 110/39 and on grass is 37/25.  He is a different QB outside of a dome.  He is a great QB, but I wouldn't put him in the top 2 and I could be convinced to not put him in the top 3. 

*EDIT I didn't do the math, but just by looking you can see that his completion % and Y/A are lower as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Din't Eli fail to make the playoffs every single year between the two Super Bowls though? Please correct me if that is wrong. He had two great postseasons, but IMO, the seasons in between had far too many INTs to be considered the best.

A case could be made for Brees. The real question is, how much are his stats due to skill and how much are due to very aggressive play calling in a dome atmosphere? I would say not Brees due to his struggles in big games outdoors, like the playoffs the last two years.

To me, the only right answer is Tom. 50 TDs in 2007. 36 TDs to 4 INTs in 2010. Most consectutive passes without an INT in 2010. 2nd most passing yards in NFL history in 2011. One different bounce of a fumble away from a Lombardi in 2011.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

If this is going back to 07:

1. Brady
    2. Manning (Peyton)
    3. Brees
    4. Rodgers
    5. Rivers

I'm not going to knock a QB cause he has an idiot coach (Turner). Rivers played good enough to beat any opponent during this stretch.

Rodgers didn't start in 07, but he's on the rise. Ask this question in 5 years, Rodgers will be number 1.

Brees is one of the more accurate QBs we've seen and has led one of the most explosive offenses the past 5 years. Yeah, he's helped by a dome and a great play caller, but there's no denying how good Brees has been.

Peyton Manning may have missed all of last season, but he and Brady were both 1 and 1a not just the past 5 years, but past decade.

Brady had great numbers, and have led 2 Super Bowl teams. Look at both Super Bowl teams and you see two completely different offenses. He's one of two guys not to win the Super Bowl on this list, but in terms of play, he deserves to be number 1.

Off the list: Roethlisberger...He's not pretty, but he gets the job done. I consider him an elite QB, but I cant see him leading a team the way the guys i have on the list can.

Eli, he's a top 5 QB now. His playoff play and regular season this season speaks for itself. But you look at the way he's played, as a whole, these past 5 seasons, and the only word that comes to mind for me is inconsistent. He was phenomenal this year, and I think in future seasons, but he's not a top 5 for me this past decade

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?:
    [QUOTE]If this is going back to 07: 1. Brady 2. Manning (Peyton) 3. Brees 4. Rodgers 5. Rivers I'm not going to knock a QB cause he has an idiot coach (Turner). Rivers played good enough to beat any opponent during this stretch. Rodgers didn't start in 07, but he's on the rise. Ask this question in 5 years, Rodgers will be number 1. Brees is one of the more accurate QBs we've seen and has led one of the most explosive offenses the past 5 years. Yeah, he's helped by a dome and a great play caller, but there's no denying how good Brees has been. Peyton Manning may have missed all of last season, but he and Brady were both 1 and 1a not just the past 5 years, but past decade. Brady had great numbers, and have led 2 Super Bowl teams. Look at both Super Bowl teams and you see two completely different offenses. He's one of two guys not to win the Super Bowl on this list, but in terms of play, he deserves to be number 1. Off the list: Roethlisberger...He's not pretty, but he gets the job done. I consider him an elite QB, but I cant see him leading a team the way the guys i have on the list can. Eli, he's a top 5 QB now. His playoff play and regular season this season speaks for itself. But you look at the way he's played, as a whole, these past 5 seasons, and the only word that comes to mind for me is inconsistent. He was phenomenal this year, and I think in future seasons, but he's not a top 5 for me this past decade
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

I meant 5 years for the Eli part, not decade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]Brady Rodgers Eli Brees* Big Ben *-With the whole incident it will brought up as an actual * which sucks for him and what they accomplished as a team and until they actual win more than one that championship run lost a lot of its luster. A ring though is still a ring. Brady played out of his mind in 07, lost a season due to the ACL and then followed up with a recovery year and then came back into elite form. Eli after the super bowl I think got into some bad habits again and that team as a whole took a step back. They were borderline not going to be even in the hunt but managed to get into the playoffs due to finally what it seemed like a deep slumber.  When its all said and done Rodgers will jump Eli. Brady is by far the best QB in the recent time. But if you want total best teams you gotta point to the Giants in teh past 5 years. Thats a different discussion though. -Yes I know Peyton is not on it. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

The bounty system was on the defense, not the offense...How does that put an Asterisk on Brees' personal play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If people are gunna put an asterisk next to Brees, yet gloss over it for Tommy...frankly that's just feeble homerism.  No asterisks for either of them, both HOF players/leaders/winners.

in no order, because all of these guys are just tremendous

Brady
    Brees
    A Rodg
    E Manning
    Big Ben
    Peyton

I want to knock Eli because he's still prone to the "what the heck was that" throw, but the dude has put a dagger in my team over and over, it is what it is...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Best?:

TFB:

Tom Fkn Brady

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A great TEAM will defeat a great collection of talent almost every time.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.  

That should matter in the discussion.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : blah blah blah....yeah a reeeaaalll objective source you are...when it comes to either manning please just clam up, you'll make less of a fool of urself
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

That's funny, Vegas agrees.
    No consistency=no respect
    Never heard any fans calling for Brady's, Brees or Rogers heads.
    Lucky for you, he's thick skinned.  Gotta give him that.
    I sure as he11 would have cried if I went to an after game news conference and stood before one reporter.  Ouch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : lost a lot of it's luster.. oh nonsense, brees plays offense and saints won with offense, as his record setting numbers attest to...and the bounty stuff is mostly a ridiculous overreaction by the wuss we have as a commissioner...u sound like yet another pats fan who cant stand to see anyone else win and need to disparage their accomplishments...gee, did the spy stuff take a LOT OF LUSTER of pats 3 sb wins?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Setting bounties on players and playing to hurt and injure players is a way to win?

Sorry. I don't care if Brees is playing offense or is the water boy coach. Its a team effort and when one does it the entire ship goes down. 

Spygate was so minimal in the fact that tons of teams film coaching singals. Bill misunderstood and continued to do so the league came down and he didn't do it again.

Sean Payton and co went about something that was inhumane and against the game. As a Patriots fan I understand what the Saints are going through but as an athlete and a college player myself I think its disgusting and deserves to always be mentioned along side that run.

The Patriots won three seperate occasions and have been to five super bowls total.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts