Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?

In response to "Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Rubish!  Just like the memo. Glad you are happy with the colts tanking the season though. MEMO:  Don't throw stones from glass houses. Did ya get that one? Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE] Is that what the C's are doing tonight?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?": [QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.   Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] You still blowing Peyton? He's not even on your team anymore.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? :  
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.  --------------------------------------- And lest you forget, its a complete and thorough mystery how Manning finished WAY ahead of Brees in the '09 voting despite throwing for fewer yards, fewer TD's, more INT's, lower QB rating, etc.. He's a great player of course but that was truly Manning frontrunning at its finest.
    Posted by OscarGamble[/QUOTE]

My point exactly!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Look man don't start getting on about Brady's achievements maybe his first superbowl MVP isn't deserved but that's about it. Every year Brady's been MVP he's accomplished something special that no one ever did before. And don't bring into the equation Manning's scrap he had to work with in 09 in that case where's Brady's 06 MVP because he nearly took that team to the bowl with laughable talent around him. You're still bringing up these terrible D's Manning had...well whose fault is that, they loaded that O every year just for him whether he asked for it or not is another question! Your point was about Manning's MVPs in 08 and 09 i responded saying the only reason that he got those is that people had the misconception that Manning was the most important player because of his talents, I don't agree with that I think there were better players in both those years I also believe that the only reason Manning was so important to the colts is that the colts were built on the idea that Manning would be there forever therefore making him more important before he steps on the field because the colts literally put the team on his back....well done Peyton!, he had some great years in Indy but only 75% of his importance to the team was his own ability the other 25% was placed upon him by the GM meaning that due to the way the team was built he already seemed important before he threw a ball some years. Giving him a head start in every MVP race. Anyway dog I know i'm right for several reasons i.e. the firing of the Polians, the cleaning of house which is currently occuring and the Release of Manning! It might have taken Irsay a long time to see it but he finally realised that relying on one player the way the colts did on Peyton is not the way to win multiple championships, even if it does make Peyton a football God and get him the MVP every other year. I bet Peyton would take getting to the superbowl every other year over those dodgy MVP awards any day
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]
    I see.  So this disussion is just about getting on everybody else's achievements in order to meet your objective, but no, Brady is off limits.  what a joke.  

As for 2006 Tom Brady deserves credit for a great year, but he didn't take his team to the superbowl and his weapons were generally experienced high draft picks.  Manning made it to the superbowl didn't lose a game on his watch until the superbowl and did it with a rookie 4th and a 2nd year 6th who'd only caught 4 NFL passes the prior year.

As for not agreeing with Manning as the MVP pick.  That's your preogative and bias.  It doesn't change the fact that Manning was the MVP those years.  In fact, he was the runaway pick in both years.  

The question was who has been the best QB over the last 5 years.  P manning was not even in this conversation.  I simply brought up that you can't leave out the guy who won the freaking MVP 2 of those 5 years and a 3rd didn't play.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.  --------------------------------------- And lest you forget, its a complete and thorough mystery how Manning finished WAY ahead of Brees in the '09 voting despite throwing for fewer yards, fewer TD's, more INT's, lower QB rating, etc.. He's a great player of course but that was truly Manning frontrunning at its finest.
    Posted by OscarGamble[/QUOTE]
    I am going to assume you mean 2008 because in 2009 Manning threw for more yards than Brees.  

As I previously noted, Brees also threw the ball 80 more times than Manning.  His team finished last in their division.  He had a worse td to Int ratio and and a lower completion percentage.  

If you do actually mean 2009, its my opinion that the voters saw Manning's accomplishment of not losing a game under his watch with a rookie 4th and a 2nd yr 6th rdr as the difference, along with lesser defensive support.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : I am going to assume you mean 2008 because in 2009 Manning threw for more yards than Brees.   As I previously noted, Brees also threw the ball 80 more times than Manning.  His team finished last in their division.  He had a worse td to Int ratio and and a lower completion percentage.   If you do actually mean 2009, its my opinion that the voters saw Manning's accomplishment of not losing a game under his watch with a rookie 4th and a 2nd yr 6th rdr as the difference, along with lesser defensive support.   Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] What are you talking about. Brees was last in his division in 09? Let me refresh your memory, the Saints won the SB for the 09 season against the Colts. Brees had more TDs, fewer INTs, a higher completion percentage! The highest passer rating in the league all while throwing 70 less passes. But Manning had 112 more yards...and he was named Manning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Payaton is no longer in the discussion. You better hope he comes to his senses and retires before he is injured permanently. Its not like he needs the money.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : I see.  So this disussion is just about getting on everybody else's achievements in order to meet your objective, but no, Brady is off limits.  what a joke.   As for 2006 Tom Brady deserves credit for a great year, but he didn't take his team to the superbowl and his weapons were generally experienced high draft picks.  Manning made it to the superbowl didn't lose a game on his watch until the superbowl and did it with a rookie 4th and a 2nd year 6th who'd only caught 4 NFL passes the prior year. As for not agreeing with Manning as the MVP pick.  That's your preogative and bias.  It doesn't change the fact that Manning was the MVP those years.  In fact, he was the runaway pick in both years.   The question was who has been the best QB over the last 5 years.  P manning was not even in this conversation.  I simply brought up that you can't leave out the guy who won the freaking MVP 2 of those 5 years and a 3rd didn't play.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Name the acheivements Brady has that he doesn't deserve...go on then!! It doesn't matter about voting as you're a manning fan and therefore a stats guy take a look at the stats from 09 at least there were better QBs that year simple as. 06 come on man what year were you watching who the hell is Reche Caldwell or Chad Jackson, they may have been taken in the 2nd round but that doesn't make them better players. I mean if you're going to talk like that you may as well bring into the equation the fact that Welker went undrafted, as well as Woodhead, as well as Green-Ellis etc. Stop bringing up the superior D thing as well man it's stupid, it works both ways look if Manning doesn't have the premier talent he may not be as good a passer but in saying that if he had used slightly less expenisive recievers during his career they may have won for championships...but he didn't at the end of the day and that's all that matters!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Lest you forget, P Manning was the MVP in 08 and 09.   That should matter in the discussion.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

NOPE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Mostly because it's offseason and I was a lil bored
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]
    I can see that.. this board has been devoid of really good chat stuff.  Let the draft begin!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Got to laugh at the people who say Michael Vick. Some of the ESPN ex players who surprisingly know nothing about the NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Got to laugh at the people who say Michael Vick. Some of the ESPN ex players who surprisingly know nothing about the NFL.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

vick does not deserve consideration

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best QB in the Past 5 Years? : Name the acheivements Brady has that he doesn't deserve...go on then!! It doesn't matter about voting as you're a manning fan and therefore a stats guy take a look at the stats from 09 at least there were better QBs that year simple as. 06 come on man what year were you watching who the hell is Reche Caldwell or Chad Jackson, they may have been taken in the 2nd round but that doesn't make them better players. I mean if you're going to talk like that you may as well bring into the equation the fact that Welker went undrafted, as well as Woodhead, as well as Green-Ellis etc. Stop bringing up the superior D thing as well man it's stupid, it works both ways look if Manning doesn't have the premier talent he may not be as good a passer but in saying that if he had used slightly less expenisive recievers during his career they may have won for championships...but he didn't at the end of the day and that's all that matters!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

The point is to not diminish anyone's accomplishments.  You seem hell bent on minimizing everyone elses for the purpose of propping up Brady.  

And how is it I am a stat guy just because I am a colts/manning fan?  Do you somehow think that Tom Brady's MVP's were won without stats?  What criteria are you using to minimize Manning's?  Stats!

The whole stat rant about QB's is the most bogus and transparent rant you guys play.  Brady's demonstrated he's as much a stat hore as any QB out there.  To make matters worse you criticize stats then use them to attempt to make your point.  At least be logical.  In 09, Manning didn't lose a game until the superbowl.  He won every game he played to that point and had the colts with the lead when they sat him vs. the Jets.  Brees lost game 14 at home playing the entire game vs. Dallas.  The MVP was one of attrition and Manning won by outlasting Brees in the win column.  In addition to that (for the non-stat guy who wants to use stats to prove a point) Manning engineered that season with a rookie 4th rd receiver and a 2nd yr 6th rd receiver from DIII Mt. Union who'd caught only 4 NFL passes the previous season.  Like it or not, neither of these players were established or coveted and Manning turned them into stars.  

Sorry, but the superior D thing is not stupid.  In fact, it is part of the reason why the pats aren't winning superbowls anymore. 

As for Manning's premier talent, did you ever consider that he may have made them that way?  Dallas Clark couldn't unseat a UDFA early in his career to completely take the TE position.  Are Garcon and Collie superior talents or did Manning make them that way?  If they were superior how come they weren't drafted until the 4th and 6th rd.  Surely someone would have snapped them up earlier, right?  

Did you know Chad Jackson was drafted only a few spots after Reggie Wayne? Dramatically different career paths, huh?  Was this poor picking, different talent, or different development.  What receivers has Brady developed?  It appears that he is finally doing something with Gronkowski and Hernandez, but prior to that who didn't already have a body of work in the NFL?

Anyway - quit diminishing Manning's accomplishments.  He's easily in the discussion as one of the top QB's of the past 5 years if anyone is.