Best Rivalry in the NFL? In Sports? You decide

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Best Rivalry in the NFL? In Sports? You decide

In Response to Re: Best Rivalry in the NFL? In Sports? You decide:
    Federer vs Nadal has been the best rivalry this decade in a top flight sport. There's not even a comparison. As for best rivalry of all time, almost nothing matches the history of Red Sox vs Yankees. England vs Australia ashes series in Cricket is also up there. So is Brazil vs Argentina in soccer.  To say Patriots vs Colts can even be considered amongst the best rivalries of all time is beyond absurd. The 3 rivalries I mentioned above have all had almost 100 years of history between two teams who both remained near the top of the sport for the entire 100 years. Pats vs Colts can't even compare.
    Posted by murghkhor

top flight sport? If you consider cricket a "top flight sport" then, well... how can I put this delicately...you're just a frakking idiot. 

We really don't care what "sports" other less manly countries play but tennis, soccer and cricket are not "top flight" sports in the US of A and never will be. 

Write this down somewhere; Only 2 dozen people in the entire US care about soccer and none of them should be on this board, including you!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Patriots vs the rest of the NFL
    We don't need to leave Boston for great rivalries.
    Sox-Yanks
    Celts-Lakers
    Briuns-Canadians
    Every Boston Collage Hockey Team vs Every Other Boston Collage Hockey Team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Best Rivalry in the NFL? In Sports? You decide:
    Patriots vs the rest of the NFL We don't need to leave Boston for great rivalries. Sox-Yanks Celts-Lakers Briuns-Canadians Every Boston Collage Hockey Team vs Every Other Boston Collage Hockey Team
    Posted by Evil2009

Good point. Why should you leave NE to look for rivalries? I was thinking earlier that I may be biased but Pats/Colts and Red Sox/Yankees are the best rivalries.

I realized later that they are the best rivalries to me simply because of that bias. Other traditional rivalries are somewhat meaningless to me as I nave no emotional investment in them. I could care less about the traditional rivalry between GB and Minn because it means little to me emotionally. I watched both games though this year because 1. It is football and 2. This year it had meaning in the context of the playoff picture, but otherwise, whatever. A lot of years, games between these two teams haven't been worth watching. Contrast this to a Pats/Jets game when both teams weren't doing well. I would still get excited because I was invested on the outcome.  

So, the best rivalry to me is the one where I care about who wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Longest as a good rivalry is sox vs sucx bags yankees

Best right now is Pats vs sucx bags colts

With the Pats and the sucx bags colts you are never sure who will win, always could be one team or the other.....This is what makes it great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

NFL = Colts vs Pats

Sports = Yanks vs Sox

Lets face it 10 years from now the Colts vs Pats rivalry will probably resemble the current 49ers vs Cowboys rivalry, while the Sox and Yanks will still be at each others throats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Last season (or ws it two years ago?), when the universities of Kansas and Missouri met as unbeatens, it was mentioned that the enmity between these factions goes back to the days when exuberant Missourans used to kill Kansans, and vice versa, over whether or not Kansas should be admitted to the union as a free state.

That's a rivalry.

Pats v Green New Jersey is Tonya v Nancy. It's amusing, but ultimately meaningless.

Sections
Shortcuts