Best Super Bowl Half Times show?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Best Super Bowl Half Times show?

After watching the past 2 weeks on NFL Network, Patriots Dynasty and Steelers dynasty showing their SB gasmes (halftime shows incuded) I would be curious see your top 10 SB halftime shows of all time.

The Prince halftime show has a very solid argument to be the best SB halftime show ever, but I have to go with U2 for so many reasons.  Just less then 5 months after the tragic 9/11 bombings U2 opens up with Beautiful Day, then the elegiac "MLK" while scrolling the names of the 9/11 victums behind them right into "Where the streets have no name"  Bono opening the jacket showing the flag.. Freaking Epic!!  And then the Patriots went on to win the SB the next half. Doesn't get any better then that.

1. U2

2. Prince

Everyone else

3. Aerosmith

4. Beyonce was a solid show even though I don't care for her music

5. the Stones

6. The Boss

7. Michael Jackson

8. Paul McCartney

9. Tom Petty

10. (tie) Janet Jackson nip slip / Madonna

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Best Super Bowl Half Times show?

No comparison for a Pats fan...

After 9/11, the Pats first SB win in heroic fashion....has to be the incredibly emotional U2 show!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Bruno Mars did a very solid job.

Nothing will ever top U2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

U2.  Big fan of the Stones, McCartney and the Boss, but didn't love them at halftime.

These days my favorite halftime show is my TV's mute button.  And good whiskey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

All SB half time shows have not been great nor have they been bad. The halftime show tries to be bigger than the game and that is the problem. Mars was good until he was joined on stage. Same can be said forall other multi star sing alongs.

U2 was good as were a few others but not one was great.

They need to stop trying to be the openning cermonies for the Olympics and just entertain the people in the stands with some one who will not try to out do the game.

Next year they will probably have Miley up there twerking and then try and sue her after.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Can't argue with that list. U2 was great.

I'll add The Temptations and Diana Ross.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think saying U2 is the best one is striclty for Pats fans or being a homer. It truly was a great show that was well done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

U2

Lingerie Bowl

In Living Color halftime show

Springsteen would have been great if he sang the song Born in the USA, he didn't so he isn't top 10.

The Who could have been great but they sucked. Not top 10.

So many top artists failed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I agree U2 was the best, nipgate was 2nd do to complete shock. I was,a bit buzzed and yelled out was that her ......?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

I actually enjoyed KISS when they reunited w full make up--but IMO Paul McCartney singing Hey Jude to 80,000 people wins every time 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  Hands down...  It's oftentimes painful watching The SB planners book an artist giving a performance with youthful exuberance, when the group had their heyday of creative musical talent expression & passion 10-40 years ago...  Why I liked Bruno Mars when I normally wouldn't give a cr#p about Bruno Mars.  Next year they booked Bob Hope in a coffin in a Mausoleum stage motique...  =Puppy Bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed KISS when they reunited w full make up--but IMO Paul McCartney singing Hey Jude to 80,000 people wins every time 

[/QUOTE]

LOL... I was at the SB in Jax and my buddy gets up during the Pats scoring drive at the end of the 2nd qtr with about 3 min left. I asked him where he was going he said going to the restroom now becuse he didn't want to miss any of McCartneys halftime performance... still shaking my head over that one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  Hands down...  It's oftentimes painful watching The SB planners book an artist giving a performance with youthful exuberance, when the group had their heyday of creative musical talent expression & passion 10-40 years ago...  Why I liked Bruno Mars when I normally wouldn't give a cr#p about Bruno Mars.  Next year they booked Bob Hope in a coffin in a Mausoleum stage motique...  =Puppy Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you back Laz, hope all is well!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  Hands down... 

[/QUOTE]

Yawn!

I bet you aren't known as Mr. Excitement!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The one I liked best was where I opened my fridge door and saw two bottles of Rochefort 10, chilled and ready to drink. Performed even better than expected! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

There wasn't a dry eye in the stands when U2 did there thing in New Orleans.  Amazing, no comparison to anything else.   I'll never forget it...chills. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL... I was at the SB in Jax and my buddy gets up during the Pats scoring drive at the end of the 2nd qtr with about 3 min left. I asked him where he was going he said going to the restroom now becuse he didn't want to miss any of McCartneys halftime performance... still shaking my head over that one.

[/QUOTE]

LOL! so the SB was just something to keep him entertained till Paul came on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! so the SB was just something to keep him entertained till Paul came on

[/QUOTE]

Something we constantly remind him about at every tailgate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After watching the past 2 weeks on NFL Network, Patriots Dynasty and Steelers dynasty showing their SB gasmes (halftime shows incuded) I would be curious see your top 10 SB halftime shows of all time.

The Prince halftime show has a very solid argument to be the best SB halftime show ever, but I have to go with U2 for so many reasons.  Just less then 5 months after the tragic 9/11 bombings U2 opens up with Beautiful Day, then the elegiac "MLK" while scrolling the names of the 9/11 victums behind them right into "Where the streets have no name"  Bono opening the jacket showing the flag.. Freaking Epic!!  And then the Patriots went on to win the SB the next half. Doesn't get any better then that.

1. U2

2. Prince

Everyone else

3. Aerosmith

4. Beyonce was a solid show even though I don't care for her music

5. the Stones

6. The Boss

7. Michael Jackson

8. Paul McCartney

9. Tom Petty

10. (tie) Janet Jackson nip slip / Madonna

[/QUOTE]

any act not taking Geritol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I sooo dream of being boring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I thought you were dead, I was trying to take a life insurance policy out on you But I did need your real name and date of birth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

U2 was probably the best, Bruno Mars did a decent job. IMO, the others were pretty lame.  The Rolling Stones and The Who were the worst. Great bands, just too old and washed up by the time they did their half time shows.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Mediumsizednuts' comment:

I thought you were dead, I was trying to take a life insurance policy out on you But I did need your real name and date of birth.

And would it have been worth it, after all,

After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,

Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,

Would it have been worth while,

To have bitten off the matter with a smile,

To have squeezed the universe into a ball

To roll it toward some overwhelming question,

To say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,

Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all”—  

If one, settling a pillow by her head,

Should say: “That is not what I meant at all;

That is not it, at all.”

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

It's worth noting that the first megastar for a SB halftime was Michael Jackson.  Ever since the NFL has promoted the entertainment aspect as much as the game.

I must say I get nothing out of seeing over-the-hill guys from 40-50 years ago lip-synching their way through a set.

Add one more vote for U2 as the best show.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I hate everyone they have every year.  JT/JJ is my vote 

Sections
Shortcuts