Best thing that could have EVER happened!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Best thing that could have EVER happened!

I've been hoping for this for a while.  Fare-thee-well Mr. Moss.  Don't get me wrong... I'm a Moss fan, but ever since he's been here, Brady's had tunnel vision for him.  Now we're back to spreading the ball around.  Yes, it will take a couple weeks of adjustment, but in the long run, this is a great move.  For all those that argue that we have no one to stretch the field, we won 3 championships in 4 years without a deep threat... Please don't try to argue that Deion Branch was a deep threat... he was NOT.  Had it not been for bug-eyed Reche Caldwell dropping a sure TD in the AFC championship game against Indy, we'd have 4 in 4 years. 

Bottom line is that Moss has aged, he's lost a step and has alligator arms (barring a great catch against the Jets early).  Some will argue that Tom's overthrowing him on deep routes...  I beg to differ and think Moss isn't able to get under them like he used to.  Good luck Randy, with interception machine Brett.

I'm always the one getting reamed on here for being such a pessimist toward the Pats, but on this one, I'm completely on the bandwagon.  Best thing IN THE LONG RUN for this team... yes, it may sting a bit for a while, but eventually, we'll get back to spreading it around like we used to do when we were balanced and everyone got a piece of the pie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Best thing that could have EVER happened!

In Response to Best thing that could have EVER happened!:
    Had it not been for bug-eyed Reche Caldwell dropping a sure TD in the AFC championship game against Indy, we'd have 4 in 4 years. Posted by manowar333

This is not remotely accurate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

agree completely! Time to move on. Hands were tied really, no option but to trade him. things will end up brighter in the long run...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Alligator arm's - yes.....I have noticed that this year.
    Lost a step - Are you f'in high.  The dude constantly smokes DB's, it's Brady's arm that can't catch up to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Best thing that could have EVER happened!:
    In Response to Best thing that could have EVER happened! : This is not remotely accurate.
    Posted by p-mike

Aahahahahaha EXACTLY, because we still scored on that drive!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Agree with you manowar333.  Moss contributed a lot here, but if you look at all the stats, they were worse while he was here.  Playoffs with brady pre-moss 12 wins two losses; with moss 2 and 2 and zero superbowls.  And yes if R. Caldwell had caught that pass we would have had superbowl #4 (fourth in six years)  We gave Indy a gift against the worthless Chicago bears.  Bottom line is we will be a better TEAM now, and if you get open Brady will get you the ball most of the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Are you realted to patsfan76 or do you just not read the board?

www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3af2d1bc66-1f4c-4807-8ebf-799cb1485d89" class="DiscussionList_NewContent">This is the Best thing that could've Happened!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

brazilnut and manowar, you guys should check out how that drive finished... really.. like now...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

Agree.

Look, I loved watching him play here, but it became apparent he had no interest in a ring.

He has fallen into the ego trap and he's blown his chance to ride off into the sunset here.

He'll regret it, but after hearing the behind the scenes scoop, we should all be thankful BB has the stones to protect the team and not cater to the selfish players.

Call me a "BB ballwasher" all you want. This is the best coach of all time and I am loving it.

They are loaded beyond all belief for the upcoming seasons and BB is channeling the 2001 team right now with different players.

Enjoy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Getzo or Dumbo whatever your name is.  I know how that drive ended.  We scored no points.  Indy got the ball and scored a fieldgoal just before halftime, and the momentum shifted.  I f we had scored then, Indy would probably not have recovered.  End of story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Karren Guregian, one of my fave Boston sports beat writers, posted a great new article, today.  Check out "Randy Moss, ownership at odds; Riff prompted trade."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20101007randy_moss_ownership_at_odds_rift_prompted_trade/

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts