Best Way to Find a NEW Job?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Best Way to Find a NEW Job?

Have you considered starting your own business? If you are self-motivated, understand the value of your skills, understand market niches and opportunities and are willing to sacrifice until you get it going, it can be incredible financially and personally! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

How about hookin up with a TV production Co. out in LA and pitchin' yourself for a Reality TV Series ? ( everybody else seems to doin it )

Best wishes .

PS - Laz's sage interview advice is spot-on.
    ( also may work in dating department ... work your way up with a few fatties before goin' for the hottie )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I wrote a nice post thanking you guys but BDC thinks I wrote a cuss word.. so, simple, thanks people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

best of luck brochacho.  headhunters work imo. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

headhunters work imo.

Fact but after your employed and happy they call you all the time. I think the best way to get offered a job is to have one already. Kinda like getting magic taco's, when you got one at home you get a brazillion offers but when you don't *crickets*.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Getzo what kinda arm you got?  the Dolphins need a QB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Don't rule out contract-to-hire opportunities.  In this economy many companies won't commit to hiring an employee (with benefits).  It's too much for them to take on.  However, they will risk replacing staff positions with contractors for a period of time, even if it costs them more money in the short run.  And sometimes it allows them to work within "budgetary contraints" that limit the # of employees.

Think of it as living together before marriage.  Or maybe not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I tossed my resume on career builder and a headhunter for a company called me. Laz is right it's all about the resume a great resume will get people calling you. It's tough that you are in business though, esp in Cali. There are a lot of business degrees out there looking. So, you need to make yourself stand out. See if there are any certification night classes in your area. If it's related to your field, a legit course certification, and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg of course it's worth the investment. Every little gold star makes you look better without bragging about yourself. Heck even mentioning you are taking courses as a means of improvement on your resume shows drive and will get you more interviews. Just never lie on your resume.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

ohh yeah thats great patriots news

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Best Way to Find a NEW Job?:
    [QUOTE]I tossed my resume on career builder and a headhunter for a company called me. Laz is right it's all about the resume a great resume will get people calling you. It's tough that you are in business though, esp in Cali. There are a lot of business degrees out there looking. So, you need to make yourself stand out. See if there are any certification night classes in your area. If it's related to your field, a legit course certification, and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg of course it's worth the investment. Every little gold star makes you look better without bragging about yourself. Heck even mentioning you are taking courses as a means of improvement on your resume shows drive and will get you more interviews. Just never lie on your resume.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about looking into certificates.. because I don't know if I wanna goto Grad school, nor do I think I can afford it at this time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Work you a$$ off on special teams in the preseason, get signed to the practice squad, and hope another team notices...